• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best movie trilogy of all time?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there's a total of five, I guess.

Manhunter
Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon
Hannibal Rising

Red Dragon was a re-make of Manhunter

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hannibal Rising was some kind of prequel shit.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Godfather, easily. The third one isn't as good as the first two but it's extremely over-bashed and underrated.

If we're counting thematic trilogies I'd add The Three Colors, Bergman's Faith Triology, Leone's Dollars Triology, and Von Trier's Golden Heart and Land of Opportunity (uncompleted) trilogy.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMO it's Lord of the Rings trilogy. Or of course the first three Star Wars, but it's no longer a trilogy.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If not LOTR i'll vote Karate Kid or Back to the future

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Godfather, easily. The third one isn't as good as the first two but it's extremely over-bashed and underrated.

If we're counting thematic trilogies I'd add The Three Colors, Bergman's Faith Triology, Leone's Dollars Triology, and Von Trier's Golden Heart and Land of Opportunity (uncompleted) trilogy.

What is so great about 'The Godfather'? They were a bit boring for me..?
Surely good acting is not enough to make the movie(s), in alot of peoples eyes, the best movies of all time..?:dunnodude::

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
What is so great about 'The Godfather'? They were a bit boring for me..?
Surely good acting is not enough to make the movie(s), in alot of peoples eyes, the best movies of all time..?:dunnodude::
From a technical standpoint the film is virtually flawless with appropriate photography to instill mood and feeling into shots and the script is structured perfectly and remains completely seamless. I won't go too much into depth now but from a thematic standpoint they not only adequately portray ideology concerning several key cinematic movements (the American dream, lust for power, importance of family, loyalty, etc...) but the films also expand and offer insight at a depth that is still unforeseen in film.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wat

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Movies where actual characters and storylines don't carry over but themes and methods of exploring them do. Most times directors do this consecutively when they're working with motifs that are deeply personal and thus the messages of the three films often evolve as the director personally explores them.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Movies where actual characters and storylines don't carry over but themes and methods of exploring them do. Most times directors do this consecutively when they're working with motifs that are deeply personal and thus the messages of the three films often evolve as the director personally explores them.
Whatever biotch, I choose Scary Movie 1-3 because they are teh funny.

:keke:

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whatever biotch, I choose Scary Movie 1-3 because they are teh funny.

:keke:

My choice is the Home Alone trilogy.

Macaulay Culkin shows again and again what a talent he is.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
My choice is the Home Alone trilogy.

Macaulay Culkin shows again and again what a talent he is.
He's not in the third one...Scarlett Johansson is though so you may be on to something here...

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's not in the third one...Scarlett Johansson is though so you may be on to something here...

Is she? I haven't seen the third one actually. :tear:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how has no one said austin powers?!?!? i mean it's obviously not on the level of the godfather or anything but man those are some of my favorite comedies ever :bowroflarms:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lord Of The Rings without a bloody doubt.

followed closely by the new and old Star Wars trillogies

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:xyxthumbs: I knew you'd agree with me.