• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Calves

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Work your calves until you have recruited and fatigued the muscles.

I hate people talking about "you need X number of sets and reps". Big muscle groups will need more than small muscles obviously so I don't see how anyone would need more than a few sets for calves.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Tim is right just do them until you just cant do them anymore.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That's the ticket. It's what you do with any other bodypart/exercise!

formaldeide

formaldeide

i'm trying 100 reps leg press (calf press)
choose a weight you can lift 15 times and rest pause it out for a total of 100 reps (20 seconds rest between set), every rep with full range of motion
2x week
it's working for me now

B

bigbenmarch

personaly i like to smash my calves 2 times a week. ive found it better to start of hitting the soleus with a seated calf raise making sure you use full range of movement. and them a standing calf raise or leg press calf raise (switching every 2 weeks). then i like to hit the tib ant on the cables with the strap round my toes. do the whole complex below the knee. progressive loading doing no less than 16 reps on any exercise.
but the best thing is genetics!! my gf has very long calf muscles. which is a total bitch coz i want them and she hates them
but hopefully if we have kids in the future they will get the best of both worlds!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Someone once writed about doing calves in treadmill, I think it was Dante. Use high angle and really squeeze on every step you take. Of course you should do your "normal" calf workout too. This is just something to add.

I have weak calves but I have managed to gain some muscle to my calves within last year. Here's something I have done and what I would suggest to do:

- Supersets (standing and seated).
- Don't cheat. It's pointless and will lead to nothing.
- First do standing calf raises, then seated and last shit is that treadmill thing.
- Hit them more than once/week.
- Try also something new (e.g. legpress and single leg movements).

Now the rest is up to you...go hit those bastards!

that's what I would say...

I'm trying hard to grow that bastards!!:deadhorse:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
walking in snowfilled mountains with a 30 kg backpack for 4 days work, calves is the only bodypart thats gained some size since i got into the army lol.

big barry

big barry

Try 21's. 7 reps, with toes pointing in, 7 reps toes point out, 7 reps toes facing forward. That will get the blood pumping