• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Calves

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Work your calves until you have recruited and fatigued the muscles.

I hate people talking about "you need X number of sets and reps". Big muscle groups will need more than small muscles obviously so I don't see how anyone would need more than a few sets for calves.
 
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
2,903
Points
38
^^Tim is right just do them until you just cant do them anymore.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ That's the ticket. It's what you do with any other bodypart/exercise!
 
formaldeide

formaldeide

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2007
Messages
76
Points
6
i'm trying 100 reps leg press (calf press)
choose a weight you can lift 15 times and rest pause it out for a total of 100 reps (20 seconds rest between set), every rep with full range of motion
2x week
it's working for me now
 
B

bigbenmarch

Active member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
34
Points
6
personaly i like to smash my calves 2 times a week. ive found it better to start of hitting the soleus with a seated calf raise making sure you use full range of movement. and them a standing calf raise or leg press calf raise (switching every 2 weeks). then i like to hit the tib ant on the cables with the strap round my toes. do the whole complex below the knee. progressive loading doing no less than 16 reps on any exercise.
but the best thing is genetics!! my gf has very long calf muscles. which is a total bitch coz i want them and she hates them
but hopefully if we have kids in the future they will get the best of both worlds!
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
Someone once writed about doing calves in treadmill, I think it was Dante. Use high angle and really squeeze on every step you take. Of course you should do your "normal" calf workout too. This is just something to add.

I have weak calves but I have managed to gain some muscle to my calves within last year. Here's something I have done and what I would suggest to do:

- Supersets (standing and seated).
- Don't cheat. It's pointless and will lead to nothing.
- First do standing calf raises, then seated and last shit is that treadmill thing.
- Hit them more than once/week.
- Try also something new (e.g. legpress and single leg movements).



Now the rest is up to you...go hit those bastards!


that's what I would say...

I'm trying hard to grow that bastards!!:deadhorse:
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
walking in snowfilled mountains with a 30 kg backpack for 4 days work, calves is the only bodypart thats gained some size since i got into the army lol.
 
big barry

big barry

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
96
Points
6
Try 21's. 7 reps, with toes pointing in, 7 reps toes point out, 7 reps toes facing forward. That will get the blood pumping
 

Similar threads

Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
173
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
SteelPhysique
Replies
1
Views
239
Mutant
Mutant
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
267
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top