• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Ron Coleman Here - FOR REAL!

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie Coleman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And ya'll wonder why hardly any pro bodybuilders are here? Please be more respectful. He's been trying to be more active with the fans online recently.

He emailed me this picture to prove it really is Ronnie Coleman.....and I gotta admit, I laughed for a good ten minutes straight when I first seen it. Ronnie you're a good sport and freakin cool as hell haha. I'm working on getting his account authenticated and getting him an avatar. Big Ron, if you have the time, it would be much appreciated if you could make a Q&A thread in the main discussion. Thanks!!

YEAHHHH BUDDY! LWB!!!

Thanks Flex! I'll set up a Q&A for you guys... YBLWB!!!!!!!!

d.capodiferro88

d.capodiferro88

hi ron, greetings from italy.
first thing first: you do are the greatest of all time.
let me make a question:
although i'm pretty young (23 yo)this past year i'v been dealing with some serious back problems. i've got a L5-S1 herniated disk that kept me from training for 3 months. when i came back to the gym, probably because of the long inactivity my muscle and joints got weaker, i had another pretty serious injury in my shoulder (rotator cuff partial tear). now i'm rehabbing from this and i'd like to have some tips from you, since you've recently dealt with some big physical issues.
maybe if i used some "helps" (i'm still 100% natural) things would go better and recovery would go faster. or would you recommend to keep taking some time off (i don't properly train since december, i'm just doing stretching and physioterapy) and recover "naturally"
thanks in advance king ron. yours,

domenico

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie Coleman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hi ron, greetings from italy.
first thing first: you do are the greatest of all time.
let me make a question:
although i'm pretty young (23 yo)this past year i'v been dealing with some serious back problems. i've got a L5-S1 herniated disk that kept me from training for 3 months. when i came back to the gym, probably because of the long inactivity my muscle and joints got weaker, i had another pretty serious injury in my shoulder (rotator cuff partial tear). now i'm rehabbing from this and i'd like to have some tips from you, since you've recently dealt with some big physical issues.
maybe if i used some "helps" (i'm still 100% natural) things would go better and recovery would go faster. or would you recommend to keep taking some time off (i don't properly train since december, i'm just doing stretching and physioterapy) and recover "naturally"
thanks in advance king ron. yours,

domenico

Thank you for the compliment sir. Sorry to hear about your injuries... I know how rough those are. Best advice is to swallow your pride and listen to your doctors. When my docs told me no training I almost passed out! That was the hardest thing in the world for me but you have to put your health first. You're young dude... you have plenty of time to build back up again after your injuries heal... I'm almost 50!! Good luck with everything

Swifto

Swifto

Call me a skeptic, but is this really Ronnie?

Can you post a new pic with "This is the real 8 time Mr. Olympia!" on a white piece of paper?

I'm sorry, but its not every day the greatest bodybuilder of all time joins and posts on a forum. I have been on forums almost a decade now.

Thanks.

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie Coleman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Call me a skeptic, but is this really Ronnie?

Can you post a new pic with "This is the real 8 time Mr. Olympia!" on a white piece of paper?

I'm sorry, but its not every day the greatest bodybuilder of all time joins and posts on a forum. I have been on forums almost a decade now.

Thanks.

Where do you think the last pic came from?

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Ronnie,

Glad to see you on the boards. If you don't mind, can you please tell us your best physiques you have achieved throughout your career? I'll list your contests by year and all you have to do is reply back with the numbers starting with your best (Just post the numbers as it will be easier than typing the whole thing):

1. 1998 Mr. Olympia
2. 1999 Mr. Olympia
3. 1999 British Grand Prix
4. 2000 Mr. Olympia
5. 2001 Arnold Classic
6. 2001 Mr. Olympia
7. 2002 Mr. Olympia
8. 2003 Mr. Olympia
9. 2004 Mr. Olympia
10. 2005 Mr. Olympia

Thanks

Swifto

Swifto

I'm sorry, I didn't see it. Please excuse me.

Welcome Ronnie. You were what got me into bodybuilding and watching bodybuilding!

Tell me, what was your favourite showing of yourself Ronnie and why?

I liked 2003 as my favourite.

"NOTHING BUT A PEANUT!!". :)

Swifto

Swifto

Hahaha... Exactly what I was asking, didn't see your post.

With all of the showings incredible, it would be amazing to know what the great man himself thought was his pinnacle.

d.capodiferro88

d.capodiferro88

Thank you for the compliment sir. Sorry to hear about your injuries... I know how rough those are. Best advice is to swallow your pride and listen to your doctors. When my docs told me no training I almost passed out! That was the hardest thing in the world for me but you have to put your health first. You're young dude... you have plenty of time to build back up again after your injuries heal... I'm almost 50!! Good luck with everything

thank ron! your words are like fuel for me.
it's so amazing how a legend like you and a young skinny kid like me can have the same feeling towards the same thing that we love and are so passionate about and fear to lose: TRAINING
i'm sure we'll both realize our dreams, a few injuries won't stop me, let alone you!!
you fit perfectly this years olympics' catchprase: INSPIRE A GENERATION

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie Coleman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Ronnie,

Glad to see you on the boards. If you don't mind, can you please tell us your best physiques you have achieved throughout your career? I'll list your contests by year and all you have to do is reply back with the numbers starting with your best (Just post the numbers as it will be easier than typing the whole thing):

1. 1998 Mr. Olympia
2. 1999 Mr. Olympia
3. 1999 British Grand Prix
4. 2000 Mr. Olympia
5. 2001 Arnold Classic
6. 2001 Mr. Olympia
7. 2002 Mr. Olympia
8. 2003 Mr. Olympia
9. 2004 Mr. Olympia
10. 2005 Mr. Olympia

Thanks

Man, so many shows it is hard to say. I think my best overall shape was 2001 Arnold but I'll always be a fan of 1998 because it was my First Olympia victory... 1999 Grand Prix was a crazy show too, so many great bodybuilders!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, so many shows it is hard to say. I think my best overall shape was 2001 Arnold but I'll always be a fan of 1998 because it was my First Olympia victory... 1999 Grand Prix was a crazy show too, so many great bodybuilders!
..In Totally Agreement ..I love these shows 1998-99
The quality of athletes was incredible!
But you were very full! as anyone .. so far!

oldez

oldez

1_Ronnie_Back_Double_Bicep_Evolution_199-1.jpg

1998 Definitely.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh yeah big ron is in for real!!!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the mecca of muscles

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How's the recovery going Ronnie? Do you find that your training style is different now? Also, if you ever comeback, what show are you looking to enter?

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie Coleman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How's the recovery going Ronnie? Do you find that your training style is different now? Also, if you ever comeback, what show are you looking to enter?

Recovery is good sir. Nerves are regenerating and I'm putting some size back on... around 290lb now. Training is lighter as recommended by my doctors. Not sure, maybe Masters? Just miss being on stage.

YBLWB

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I for one would like to see you compete in the Masters some year Ronnie. Seems many think you should call it quits and shy away from the stage again. They don't want to see the Ronnie Coleman we watched dominate for a decade, fail to look like his ol' Olympia self. But these people need to stop living in the past and move on, physiques change with time and certainly as they age.