• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brandon Curry Unleashed - Road To The 2010 Tampa Pro!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Now I know why his legs are his weakest body part

It's genetics in the first place imo, his quads genetics are not as good as his upper body is.

Look at Branch Warren's leg training ROM, form etc:

both Warren and Curry's squats and leg presses reps are equal in ROM/depth imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im hoping that brandon will be the next big thing, no need to argue about his form, it´s not gonna change, even tho the rom was terrible

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I dont understand people who chose bad ROM over lighter weight. Why not lighten the load so you can actually do the weight? i mostly notice this with squats and bench at my gym. A lot of those people are hypocrites, they'll do concentration curls and full ROM cable extentions, why not apply the same ROM principles to everything?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont understand people who chose bad ROM over lighter weight. Why not lighten the load so you can actually do the weight? i mostly notice this with squats and bench at my gym. A lot of those people are hypocrites, they'll do concentration curls and full ROM cable extentions, why not apply the same ROM principles to everything?

It has its benifits... for example it allows you to past your fear of certain weight! If you gone way past it with a dodgy ROM for while you can always come back and do heaps better with proper ROM as compared to if you had just gone the way of strict form months on!

Let me give you an example... if you are able to Bench say 100 Kg with proper ROM... your chances of jumping to 110 Kg with proper ROM will be greater if you included "dodgy ROM 125 Kg Benches"... you will get to 110 Kg quicker as compared to if you stuck to proper ROM alone! Thats basic "Principle Overload"!

Cyclists for example do assisted sprints where the go past the speeds they'll ever be able to achieve on their own... and then they try to keep their feet in paddle as long as they can and try to "keep up" with the extra pace! What that excersize does is builds strenghth and endurance! Something along those lines is this bad ROM thing for BBuilders

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Cyclists for example do assisted sprints where the go past the speeds they'll ever be able to achieve on their own... and then they try to keep their feet in paddle as long as they can and try to "keep up" with the extra pace! What that excersize does is builds strenghth and endurance! Something along those lines is this bad ROM thing for BBuilders
Except cyclists aren't putting themselves in harm's way by wind drafting, whereas partial ROM can facilitate injury in resistance training.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Except cyclists aren't putting themselves in harm's way by wind drafting, whereas partial ROM can facilitate injury in resistance training.

Uumm dodgy ROM yes,... Partial Reps, I beg to differ!

Partial reps have been used with great success for eons! Sergio, for example, did tons & tons of partial reps!
Done with control they are an excellent way of keeping a continous tension on the muscle, get past a sticking point in the ROM and basically build muscles & strength.

Now if someone goes overboad with the whole idea then thats completely another thing!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Uumm dodgy ROM yes,... Partial Reps, I beg to differ!
You never made this distinction.
Partial reps have been used with great success for eons! Sergio, for example, did tons & tons of partial reps!
Citing pro bodybuilders means little to me. Try a study from a refereed journal instead.
Done with control they are an excellent way of keeping a continous tension on the muscle, get past a sticking point in the ROM and basically build muscles & strength.
Yes, powerlifters incorporate these kind of techniques all the time but that's more akin to training sticking spots in lifts and not just putting a shit-ton of weight on the bar and doing a limited ROM in order to move it.
Now if someone goes overboad with the whole idea then thats completely another thing!
Correct, which is why I didn't like your comparison. Cyclists use team members to lower wind resistance and enhance individual motivation and while the latter can be applied to bodybuilding and lifting partners, you're comparing two completely different metabolic systems and two completely different training goals. Doing aerobic work is not the same as doing a 10-15 second bout of resistance training and, accordingly, should not be trained with the same principles in mind; our bodies are far too complex for that.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Ep. 2

squatting 5 plates, raw footage

C

Comin_Up

God his form makes me sad.

co05

co05

Maybe not completely relevant, but it blows my mind how powerlifters smaller than bodybuilders can squat the same weight, if not more, deeper for the same number reps .

: \

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
and the official vid from BSN with their newest acquisition, Bob Cicherillo

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Eek, I thought his using straps for pull ups was bad enough, then I actually saw his form... :bitelip:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
im hoping that brandon will be the next big thing, no need to argue about his form, it´s not gonna change, even tho the rom was terrible

Noone is arguing anything? But heres hoping he listens and responds better to critisimn than you do.

Brandon curry for NBA?

lol@ "bombs away" on his pulldowns.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Brandon's training is disappoiting..:bitelip:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
goddamn genetics! look at his db "pullovers" lol

FEVER

FEVER

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it seems like he has absolutly no mind muscle control :doh:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
no wonder his 2 years off saw no gains...

C

Comin_Up

You gotta be kidding me. I hate when pros or anytone who looks good does shit like this, with their horrible form, it sets a bad example for people and could lead to someone getting hurt who thinks this is the right way to train. Makes me sad.