• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brandon Curry Unleashed - Road To The 2010 Tampa Pro!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Painful to watch, even worse to perform.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those incline benches were ridiculous.

C

Comin_Up

wow! decent form on some of the exercises....ON ARM DAY....geese

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
How could someone at that level train so poorly...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Riding the genetics, nutrition and drug chain. Training is the smallest peice of the puzzle for him obviously.

Yeah man i seen people who are in great shape and barely workout for shit. damn genetics. Imagine if most people with amazing genetics would actually put in the work.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah man i seen people who are in great shape and barely workout for shit. damn genetics. Imagine if most people with amazing genetics would actually put in the work.

What like Ronnie, Phil, etc? :e5dunno:

Also the genetics thing is only half the picture; you still have to train, you still have to eat (in this instance you still have to take drugs). If you already achieve well doing SFA, why would you push yourself? People like easy.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
What like Ronnie, Phil, etc? :e5dunno:

Also the genetics thing is only half the picture; you still have to train, you still have to eat (in this instance you still have to take drugs). If you already achieve well doing SFA, why would you push yourself? People like easy.

Yeah, we would have more bodybuilders of that caliber.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Brandon's whole upperbody is fuckin impressive!

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've seen calf raises with more ROM than that.:rofl3:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
why does he wrap his knees all the time? wouldnt that in turn not allow his joints to get stronger?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it hurts my eyes to watch him train:tear:

Y

yardharr

What is the point of that?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why does he wrap his knees all the time? wouldnt that in turn not allow his joints to get stronger?

Depends on how tight you wrap and what sort of wraps you use. They can just be a firm support or they can provide a lot of extra leverage and rebound. This is the difference between keeping the knee warm and helping you lift.

I agree that you can't use heavy wraps all of the time or your joints don't adapt, and also joints/ligaments/tendons adapt slower than muscles so having the support can mean that muscles can do more than the joint can handle. But you also have to consider that long term training takes its toll on your joints, so support can be a good idea. The fine line is when support becomes crutch to the ego. A lot of support gear is often used to lift more weight, thus putting more stress on the body/joints, and is used in place of good form and developing a strong and healthy body. I have always taken the stance that if you can't lift something in shorts and a t-shirt then you have no business wearing belts, wraps, straps and suits to do so (outside of a strength competition or preparation for). So wearing a belt to increase IAP to aid the spine to hold position on a squat becomes about training longevity rather than being able to lift the load (e.g. I can squat the same weights wearing a belt and wraps or in bare feet and shorts, I wear the gear so that I'll still be lifting it in my 50's).

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Depends on how tight you wrap and what sort of wraps you use. They can just be a firm support or they can provide a lot of extra leverage and rebound. This is the difference between keeping the knee warm and helping you lift.

I agree that you can't use heavy wraps all of the time or your joints don't adapt, and also joints/ligaments/tendons adapt slower than muscles so having the support can mean that muscles can do more than the joint can handle. But you also have to consider that long term training takes its toll on your joints, so support can be a good idea. The fine line is when support becomes crutch to the ego. A lot of support gear is often used to lift more weight, thus putting more stress on the body/joints, and is used in place of good form and developing a strong and healthy body. I have always taken the stance that if you can't lift something in shorts and a t-shirt then you have no business wearing belts, wraps, straps and suits to do so (outside of a strength competition or preparation for). So wearing a belt to increase IAP to aid the spine to hold position on a squat becomes about training longevity rather than being able to lift the load (e.g. I can squat the same weights wearing a belt and wraps or in bare feet and shorts, I wear the gear so that I'll still be lifting it in my 50's).

+1

Savjav

Savjav

i dont get it... there is such a difference in ROM from the first season to the second... what happened??

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont get it... there is such a difference in ROM from the first season to the second... what happened??

He got stronger
ejg3yx-1.gif