• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BROS vs PROS 5 - the deadlift rematch!!!!!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
BrosVPros4Finale.jpg

http://www.rxmuscle.com/bros-vs-pros/bros-vs-pros-2010/2374-bros-vs-pros-5-deadlift-rematch-1-rep-max-deadlift-contest-part-4-of-4.html

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gotta love these. These are far more interesting than MD's videos.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
that domingoes guy is a strong motherfvcker! And he must be like 40Kg lighter than Poundstone. Oh and that 17y/o girl? brilliant!
This broVSpro has been the best so far IMO, i hope they keep them coming, fun to watch.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
that domingoes guy is a strong motherfvcker! And he must be like 40Kg lighter than Poundstone. Oh and that 17y/o girl? brilliant!
This broVSpro has been the best so far IMO, i hope they keep them coming, fun to watch.

yeah Frank Dominguez just pulled a 3x bw , he was 220 lbs... THAT'S FREAKIN INSANE!

oh Storm that 17 year ld girls pulls more than you... just sayin....

and she's hot! not saying your not ... but she is...

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
oh Storm that 17 year ld girls pulls more than you... just sayin....

and she's hot! not saying your not ... but she is...

Yes, she does and she is. I've never claimed to be a strong guy tho. Sexy? sure, strong? i do my best and I'm still stronger than you, so...

On a serious note: this lifting thing, as i see it, is a fight against yourself. Even if you go competitive it's still a matter self-improvement (although beating other people is way cool). I know there's people who can lift some respectable amounts of iron the first time they put a foot into a gym, it wasn't my case. I know I couldn't bench an olympic bar alone that first time (left side didn't lockout) and I have vivid memories of my first attempt (and fail) at a BW deadlift (around 80Kg at the time) so let me say i don't have enough and i'm always looking forward improving my lifts but as weak as they may seem atm I'm still proud of myself because of the progress i've made over time. Being able to pull >2xBW has been a long-time goal of mine that seemed impossible when i started training, as it was pressing more than my BW for reps.
I enjoy watching this kind of strength feats because of my love for strength sports, and I always admire those athletes both male and female, pros or amateurs. Do I feel inferior when i see a girl stronger than me? or when I see how a guy way lighter than me warm up with my maxes? Not at all. That's not my war. My battle each day is being stronger than the day before, not beating anyone else. I don't care if I'm the weakest person in the world anytime I keep growing stronger month after month.

Why do I say all this uncalled-for gibberish? Because I've noticed that this thread have a lot of views and I don't want any novice member/lifter feeling like **** and giving up because those guys/gals are way stronger than he is.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow. big post

I feel you storm that's just the way I see it too, and has a bodybuilder I don't care about the weight anymore to be honest.

and about you being stronger than me.. I'm not so sure, I think you're getting there but not quite there just yet. ;)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I like the fact that Derek is so lean yet so strong... its kind abnoxious when 95% of strong lifters are fat ****s who can rest a beer can on their bellies.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Poundstone could be a better IFBB Pro than Stan Efferding, imo of course.

Definately... !

BTW Its great to see that so many of these strongmen and really really down to earth and very respectful of their competition!

Last edited:
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I should start deadlifting again. these vids are really good, and inspiring... its just my job is tough, i do "Deadlifts" at work, with heavy cases over and over tho, kinda tough to do legs in gym too, i only do legs 2-3 times a month now.
still i can do 1,000+ lbs leg presses with reps, but still need to do deads... will try some today..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the santa clause part is hilarious