• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bros vs Pros III: Squat Off (MUST SEE!!)

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could do well in the womens division, but would still probably lose lol..who here at the mecca could rep out the 500 and maybe win?!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I was more annoyed that they wanted to wave the camera up and down with each rep, rather than taking two steps back and just showing them squat.

I would have much prefered them having the camera to the side so we could see who was parallel and who wasn't.

EDIT: They should never EVER let Dave Palumbo commentate anything.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would have much prefered them having the camera to the side so we could see who was parallel and who wasn't.

Yeah man, from the side would've been way better! Some guys that "were hitting parallel" weren't really hitting parallel at all. Dave's a funny commentator though "oh this guy's aggressive with that bar!", "this guy's serious he's got his cap on" or something, hahaha. :doh:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

From the front lets you see them squat. You can spot when they have nothing left or when they are going to keep going. From the side is more of an ass parade and would have only been interesting for the womens.

There is an audience for Dave otherwise he wouldn't have found another job after being turfed from his last one. In fact I think I have found a fan:
johnny5 said:
Dave's a funny commentator though "oh this guy's aggressive with that bar!", "this guy's serious he's got his cap on" or something, hahaha.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
From the front lets you see them squat. You can spot when they have nothing left or when they are going to keep going. From the side is more of an ass parade and would have only been interesting for the womens.

There is an audience for Dave otherwise he wouldn't have found another job after being turfed from his last one. In fact I think I have found a fan:

OH NOES, TEH GAY! I would still prefer seeing the squat from the site, a much better indicator of depth.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Tell it to me straight, are these videos worth the time, effort and bandwith?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tell it to me straight, are these videos worth the time, effort and bandwith?

No.

They are overlong, repetitive, annoying commentators, and chew bandwidth. They are big files. There were two vids, it could have been condensed into one vid, in fact 3/4 of one vid. Half of the first vid is junk filler, the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the second is filler too.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
No.

They are overlong, repetitive, annoying commentators, and chew bandwidth. They are big files. There were two vids, it could have been condensed into one vid, in fact 3/4 of one vid. Half of the first vid is junk filler, the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the second is filler too.

Thank you, that is all I needed to know.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Am I the only one that's frustrated that the camera man couldn't be bothered to include their hips in most of the shots?

That was bugging me a lot. Id rather see their form then have the camer on their face moving up and down causing mad motion sickness lol.