• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bush given "International Medal of Peace"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What a complete fucking joke.

To mark World AIDS Day, Saddelback Pastor Rick Warren is hosting a Civil Forum on Global Health at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. Warren will present President Bush with the first “International Medal of PEACE” from the Global PEACE Coalition in recognition of his unprecedented contribution to the fight against HIV/AIDS and other diseases. The “International Medal of PEACE” is given for outstanding contribution toward alleviating the five global giants recognized by the Coalition, including pandemic diseases, extreme poverty, illiteracy, self-centered leadership and spiritual emptiness. The Bush administration reports that its AIDS initiative helped treat two million people this year living with HIV/AIDS.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I wish Bush would get AIDS.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
useless

fuck giving our money to a disease that can't even be cured and is being perpetuated by the lowest sectors of society

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
President Bush.... got a Medal of Peace..... as of his presidency Bush and Peace contridict each other... Bush the guy whom international got on television and told the Arab nations if you got suspected terrorist or you are Saddam we are coming to kick your ass.... Bush the man whom by order aginst the U.N. invaded Iraq.

Wtf were they smoking to give him a medal of peace... that's like giving Truman a passive agression medal.

Even if it is only for aids... mhow does helping cure aids generate peace.... you get aids it's a death sentence you will prematurely die, no maybe no hope you will prematurely die all they can do is add maybe soem years to that. there's no peace.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow... Bush getting the "International Medal for PEACE".... I never saw that coming in a million years.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
useless

fuck giving our money to a disease that can't even be cured and is being perpetuated by the lowest sectors of society

What?

Lots of disease cant be cured thats why is called treatment not cure. Magic Johnson seems to be doing just fine with treatment and he is far from the lowest sectors of society. So what your saying is to let anyone who doesn't have money die? or just the people with no money and aids? what exactly were u trying to get across with your post? Besides the fact that you think that being poor and possibly being born with aids make you societies shit bag. You can contract aids a lot of different ways besides intercourse.

For the record i am not defending Bush. Bush getting a medal for peace is a joke, but i do think your viewpoint on aids is skewed.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^BigBen... I would like to think that is the way it is... but what money is there in curing a disease like AIDS when you can make billions on the treatment medications? Trust me, I am more than positive we could get rid of a lot of diseases that we have not as of yet. It is just upsetting that the drug companies are more worried about making profit rather than curing a disease that kills thousands to millions. That and the process to get drugs through the FDA is so lengthy that to spend the money on getting it approved by the FDA would not be a cost benefit for the company making it.
Backwards system if you ask me :no:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blake, gotta disagree with that. The whole problem with HIV is that it is retrovirus, therefore it's something that as of yet, we're unable to vaccinate and prevent. But trust me, with all the thousands of MD/PhD immunologists around the world, if one of them did discover a vaccine for HIV, they'd probably be among the richest people in the world in a few years.

I don't think there's much evidence that a drug company will actually hold back on a "cure" for a disease, in order to manage it. Look at the H-Pylori antibacterial medication for ulcers... it's much cheaper, and pretty well rendered millions of dollars on development of drugs to manage ulcers useless, because it many cases it cured them.

Edit: As Tech would say, if a vaccine or a cure for AIDS was discovered, I'm HIV-positive that it would hit the market and someone would make billions off it.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blake, gotta disagree with that. The whole problem with HIV is that it is retrovirus, therefore it's something that as of yet, we're unable to vaccinate and prevent. But trust me, with all the thousands of MD/PhD immunologists around the world, if one of them did discover a vaccine for HIV, they'd probably be among the richest people in the world in a few years.

I don't think there's much evidence that a drug company will actually hold back on a "cure" for a disease, in order to manage it. Look at the H-Pylori antibacterial medication for ulcers... it's much cheaper, and pretty well rendered millions of dollars on development of drugs to manage ulcers useless, because it many cases it cured them.

Edit: As Tech would say, if a vaccine or a cure for AIDS was discovered, I'm HIV-positive that it would hit the market and someone would make billions off it.

I am aware of it being a retrovirus and the complications that comes with that, however, the MD that teaches my Muscle Bio Colloquium seems to think this about the drug companies. We discussed AIDS, she didn't say what I said.. but I still think that considering the majority of the people that have AIDS are in Africa and have do not have money there is no profit to be made. You could cure everyone in the US and the developed countries but there are not that many.
In microbiology we learned about the difficulty we face curing AIDS... but somehow I cannot get that off my mind that there is another reason as well. ya know?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What?

Lots of disease cant be cured thats why is called treatment not cure. Magic Johnson seems to be doing just fine with treatment and he is far from the lowest sectors of society. So what your saying is to let anyone who doesn't have money die? or just the people with no money and aids? what exactly were u trying to get across with your post? Besides the fact that you think that being poor and possibly being born with aids make you societies shit bag. You can contract aids a lot of different ways besides intercourse.

For the record i am not defending Bush. Bush getting a medal for peace is a joke, but i do think your viewpoint on aids is skewed.

it has been rumored that magic johnson spends approximately $3000-$5000 A DAY on "the cocktail". a supposed concotion of medications that is keeping him alive and well with nary a sign of AIDS. i'm sorry, but this is not a reality for 99.9% percent of the world's population

i'm trying to get across that it's useless to dump money onto africa in an effort to cure/curb this when it's "residents" refuse to have any kind of prudence in regards to sex. so yes, i consider that the lower tier of society. want to know what would have helped this problem more than anything? showing the people of africa what a freaking condom is. but no lets spend millions upon millions doing absolutely nothing because this is a disease that is not treatable....unless you're magic johnson.

want to know what a good aid package for africa would be? 1,000,000,000,000,000 condoms, problem is, we'd have to get them to actually USE them

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it has been rumored that magic johnson spends approximately $3000-$5000 A DAY on "the cocktail". a supposed concotion of medications that is keeping him alive and well with nary a sign of AIDS. i'm sorry, but this is not a reality for 99.9% percent of the world's population

i'm trying to get across that it's useless to dump money onto africa in an effort to cure/curb this when it's "residents" refuse to have any kind of prudence in regards to sex. so yes, i consider that the lower tier of society. want to know what would have helped this problem more than anything? showing the people of africa what a freaking condom is. but no lets spend millions upon millions doing absolutely nothing because this is a disease that is not treatable....unless you're magic johnson.

want to know what a good aid package for africa would be? 1,000,000,000,000,000 condoms, problem is, we'd have to get them to actually USE them

Dude do u understand anything about sociology? That would be like the chinese coming over here and asking u why you dont eat raw squid u wierd fat american? Thats how they have lived form generation to genration. For the record a lot of the children have aids who were born with it. It is the responsibility of every socety t take care of its poor uneducated members this includes global society. Read more bro, NOTHING of the magnitude of the AIDS problem is ever as cut and dry NOTHING.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude do u understand anything about sociology? That would be like the chinese coming over here and asking u why you dont eat raw squid u wierd fat american? Thats how they have lived form generation to genration. For the record a lot of the children have aids who were born with it. It is the responsibility of every socety t take care of its poor uneducated members this includes global society. Read more bro, NOTHING of the magnitude of the AIDS problem is ever as cut and dry NOTHING.

.......huh? seriously really? that's the analogy you draw? do you think condom use is like a tradition or something here in the west? it's what any (ANY) mentally sound person does who wants to try to remain std free. i don't care where you're from. and if having wanton sex with anyone is an african tradition, it's time to get with the times, you can't do that shit.

i didn't say condoms would be a cure all. but if they were actually fucking used, they would do worlds more than any money we dump on them, and it'd be cheaper! i don't pity stupidity. i do pity those born with the disease, but what the hell are we supposed to do? throw more money at them? ya that'll do the trick

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
.......huh? seriously really? that's the analogy you draw? do you think condom use is like a tradition or something here in the west? it's what any (ANY) mentally sound person does who wants to try to remain std free. i don't care where you're from. and if having wanton sex with anyone is an african tradition, it's time to get with the times, you can't do that shit.

i didn't say condoms would be a cure all. but if they were actually fucking used, they would do worlds more than any money we dump on them, and it'd be cheaper! i don't pity stupidity. i do pity those born with the disease, but what the hell are we supposed to do? throw more money at them? ya that'll do the trick

Dude, they have a different understandng of sex in africa man. Take our idea of sex and take it bakc 1000 years when it is something besides social but more ritualistic. then tell them to change that. the sociological bond is to strong to just up and change you have to keep edcationg and helping them dude. otherwise nthing will change

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, they have a different understandng of sex in africa man. Take our idea of sex and take it bakc 1000 years when it is something besides social but more ritualistic. then tell them to change that. the sociological bond is to strong to just up and change you have to keep edcationg and helping them dude. otherwise nthing will change

again i am baffled here as to how this is justification to you for their wanton sexual behavior! it's ritualistic? ok they have a different "understanding" of sex......and? i don't care if that's your freaking "ritual" it's killing your people. either wise the fuck up or die of as a people. it's their call. again, i absolutely do not pity stupidity.

but nothing will change. "save the world and dump money on them" nations like us will continue to enable their habits.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Then you'd have to convince their church leaders to stop telling them that condoms are against the word of god. The Christian Church has a lot to answer for when it comes to the AIDS crisis in Africa. Once this problem is overcome then educating them about safe-sex will be so much easier.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then you'd have to convince their church leaders to stop telling them that condoms are against the word of god. The Christian Church has a lot to answer for when it comes to the AIDS crisis in Africa. Once this problem is overcome then educating them about safe-sex will be so much easier.

pathetic, i did not know that. some aspects of religion are just absurd :no:

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Backwards system if you ask me
Agreed.
The FDA is not your friend. Just another controller of information.
Ask Durk Pearson or Sandy Shaw, they fought the FDA and won.
Now that IMO is Epic.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Pfft, foolish traditional religions. I'm a christian but I am a adapting christian I don't go to a building to hear some other dudes opinion on what im reading btw that's called preaching in all effect it's them giving thier opinion. Such as omg the world was created in 7 days ....... kiss my dick, these religions preach about this type of shit as if it applys now and today anyone stuck in that "traditional" mindset of christianity need to open thier eyes. And begin to realize " This isn't fucking working." And begin to use the brain god blessed them with a formulate a new plan.

Condoms aginst religion what the fuck so I guess pulling out is a sin lets check the commandments..... nope. wait maybe it's one of the seven deadly sins I guess it could fall under lust or adultry if im not married to the bitch im fucking but let say I am I pull out which can be a 15% percent effect effective aginst pregnacy.

Wait so a blowjob whihc in effect is the same as using a condom cause god given seeds is going to waste.... sin.... no. okay now masterbation ..... no.

These religions needs to get with the times for offer them selves to be euthenized, for the good of the rest of the world. But then agian suicide IS a sin so fuck.

We need to quarintine africa and keep them from goign any where lets them fuck like rabbits and kill themselves off.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
pathetic, i did not know that. some aspects of religion are just absurd :no:

If you get the Pope to say that condoms are ok then the world will be a better place. :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Samoan-Z

We need to quarintine africa and keep them from goign any where lets them fuck like rabbits and kill themselves off.

though it's a ruthless way to go about something, if people aren't going to listen and at least try to help themselves, what's the point? let them do whatever the hell they want, just stay away.