• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Can Jay reclaim his title?

Will Jay reclaim the throne in 2009?

  • No chance in hell. Dex, Phil, Vic and Co. all have him beat.

    Votes: 33 56.9%
  • Yes, Jay will come back and whoop some ass.

    Votes: 25 43.1%

  • Total voters
    58
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,644
Points
38
Just curious what other members think.

:wutyousay:


The recent influx of pre-contest pics seem to indicate Jay was on target, but fucked up again. It also seems apparent that the general consensus is Jay would have won it he showed up in prejudging like he did in the finals....







Well, does Jay have a shot in 2009? Or has the sun set on the day of the mass monsters?
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Yes jay very well cann but he has to bring more intensity with him to the gym, if he did that he might have beat ronnie coleman earlier now i say might cause quite frankly ronnie coleman is a beast and he is and always will be "The King"
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
i would say its to early to say when theres a year still to go till the next Mr O show.
but i would say it might be harder then before to regain it, with some big upcoming names hungry for it aswel
 
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
3,327
Points
38
theres no way honestly, we all know heath look better than both dex and jay, and hes only gonna improve next year hes taking the olympia whether we like it or not, theres no way jay and the drive and determination heath does, the sun has set for the mass monsters.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
its very possible... but highly unlikely if phil and wolf continue to make improvements, and if kai dex and vic come in their usual form.
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
i would say its to early to say when theres a year still to go till the next Mr O show.
but i would say it might be harder then before to regain it, with some big upcoming names hungry for it aswel
i agree with you bro :xyxthumbs:
 
Cutsjr

Cutsjr

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
109
Points
16
A lot of tough competition coming. He would have to come in spot on flawless to regain the title. I see Phil, Vic, and Dennis as his main threats!!!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I think there's a chance that if he dials it in next year he might... but I hope this isn't the case as it will be a step back for bodybuilding's future. They've finally rewarded aesthetic size over pure bulk after talking about it for years.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
No, he was lucky to get the one but handed the second. I think his luck has run out and the best of Jay is behind him. Although he does not have the proportion of problems as Ronnie he still is not going to be able to fix his asymmetries either. Top competitor yes, and if others slack then I can see him possibly fighting for the crown. I am just glad his short dominance is over.
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
no way in hell. the IFBB has finally taken a step in the right direction and they're not about to take 5 steps back awarding such an unappealing blocky dissproportionate physique the crown.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

d.capodiferro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
135
Points
16
of course and shouldn't have ever lost it, too.
please, can you put me in team cutler? great champion
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
no chance in hell.. he should have never been the Mr.O to begin with..
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
no way in hell. the IFBB has finally taken a step in the right direction and they're not about to take 5 steps back awarding such an unappealing blocky dissproportionate physique the crown.

wow, I actually agree with you.. :hhj:
 
alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
888
Points
18
no,cutler has seen his better days.His body is burned out from the years of abuse and trying to catch up ronnie in the size department.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Nah, he'd have to bring up his legs, fix his asymmetry issues, and duplicate his 01 condition, which is at this point is highly unlikely he can ever do again.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Well hes still young enough but his recent showings aren't helping his cause....I honestly don't know if we've seen the best Jay Cutler or if its still to come.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Well hes still young enough but his recent showings aren't helping his cause....I honestly don't know if we've seen the best Jay Cutler or if its still to come.

We have already seen it.
 
mjappe

mjappe

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
107
Points
16
Nope

Phil, Kai and Wolf - that's where the battle will stand...I hope....:)
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Wolf didn't make any real improvements over last year....Makes you wonder if hes almost hit his potential since he took a whole year off and didn't really bring up his weak body parts.

I see Phil, Vic, Kai being the biggest threats for the next few years anyways. Every time we see these guys they improve.
 

Similar threads

SteelPhysique
Replies
0
Views
147
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
MuscleMecca Crew
Replies
0
Views
520
MuscleMecca Crew
MuscleMecca Crew
keeptough22
Replies
1
Views
85
tonygetsstrong
tonygetsstrong
Top