• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

clinton's gas tax

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow. do you ever forsee us returning to the time when gas was in the mid $1 range? i mean, say we pull out of iraq and the economy rectifies itself? any hope?

if you pull out of iraq, we can all wawe goodbye forever to that oil, that would NOT be the most clever thing to do, leave 1/3 of the oil supply in the hands of al sadr and the lovely ahmadinejad:jerkoff1::49:

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMFAO:bowroflarms:

yeah it is pretty sick, especially when like 50% of our export income comes from oil. but i guess we norwegians arent as hung up in it as u guys, we are used to high fuel prices, but now its getting kinda extreme. we dont drive as much as u guys though, and generally we drive more fuel economic cars. i doubt a boycott would do much, when the price of raw oil is as high as it is today, OPEC has basically decided to fuck things up u know, they could produce alot more but they wont, so prices go up paired with the unstable situation in the mid east.

its got nothing to do with OPEC, its the dollar losing its value thats causing all the problems. I heard the head of OPEC say that for evey 1% loss in the value of the dollar the price of a barrel goes up $4.

if you look at the graphs out there comparing the price of gold, oil and the dollar, you'll see that you can still buy pretty much the same amount of oil for the same amount of gold as you could in 2001 or before, but not with the dollar cause its lost so much of its value.

anyways i don't think america's in that bad a shape. i think they knew what they were doing by decreasing the value of the dollar. america currently owes so much to countrys like china, and cutting the value of the dollar helps them reduce the amount they owe. so in a way these is an attempt to control the dept.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I remember when I was a kid, about 10-12 years ago, whenever we'd go on vacation and drive places, we'd always try to spot the cheapest gas just for fun. I remember driving through some tiny ass redneck towns in Missouri and even there the prices were like 90cents a gallon.

back when you could fill your giant station wagon for like $10. :chesty:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in places like Venezuela, gas is like 15 cents a gallon.

so whats your point?

Invade Venezuela??? :spy:

We can hold Robita captive until Chavez gives us good prices on oil :ughfingers:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true, your gas is expensive but our problems are compounded with other things that foreigners dont see that we have to pay such as massive insurance bills and epecially here in New york every kind of tax under the sun everyone is moving to the south because it is so much cheaper your economy also is not exactly in crisis lock down. The point is you have to live here to know all the burdens that are compounded. Not to say living anywhere is easy

believe me when i say this. we pay ALOT more taxes than you guys. you are right about us not having to pay insurance and crap, and we also get alot for free that u guys dont. it really comes down to an ideological view.

That is what happens when you live in an area controlled by liberals [Democrats] :xyxthumbs: They promise this and that, and the government will do this for you blah, blah but what they fail to tell everyone is where to money comes from.. and you two just mentioned it. :2:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20inch, I don't think we'll ever see gas in our country below even $2.

the gas price in the usa was like 50 cents a gallon 20-25 years ago :gaygay:

plus there is no need to drive suv's for fun, i can drive 360 miles with my taurus, my mom sold her suv and has a charger now and drives like 350miles with one tank...

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lots of things are driving the price of oil: speculation, war, etc. However, the biggest problem with oil (that the media has been avoiding) is production.

It has either already peaked, or will peak soon. As it is, global crude oil production reached an all-time high in 2005, and has dropped steadily since then. (I'm not just making this up; check the EIA reports.)

Not that we'll run out of oil, but it's only going to get more expensive and we'll have less of it year after year.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the gas price in the usa was like 50 cents a gallon 20-25 years ago :gaygay:

plus there is no need to drive suv's for fun, i can drive 360 miles with my taurus, my mom sold her suv and has a charger now and drives like 350miles with one tank...

the dollar of 20-25 years ago 4-5 times the value of the dollar today, so its a useless comparison. plus people weren't earing the wages they are today.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001519.html

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lots of things are driving the price of oil: speculation, war, etc. However, the biggest problem with oil (that the media has been avoiding) is production.

It has either already peaked, or will peak soon. As it is, global crude oil production reached an all-time high in 2005, and has dropped steadily since then. (I'm not just making this up; check the EIA reports.)

Not that we'll run out of oil, but it's only going to get more expensive and we'll have less of it year after year.

i don't think its peaked yet, they've found a new reserve in brazil which will triple its current oil reserves, and will make it the 3rd or 4th biggest oil producer in the world.

they've also found a reserve in ethiopia using NASA's sattelites, and thats why china and america are showing so much intrest in sudan because they need sudan to put the pipelines there, and i think its gonna be a clashing point between the US and china because both need the oil badly.

not to forget alaska which has alot of potential.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't think its peaked yet, they've found a new reserve in brazil which will triple its current oil reserves, and will make it the 3rd or 4th biggest oil producer in the world.

they've also found a reserve in ethiopia using NASA's sattelites, and thats why china and america are showing so much intrest in sudan because they need sudan to put the pipelines there, and i think its gonna be a clashing point between the US and china because both need the oil badly.

Not to sound condescending (which it will, anyway) but you couldn't be more wrong.

Geologically, discoveries like the oil under the salt formations near Brazil are a drop in the bucket compared to super-massive fields, like Ghawar in Saudi Arabia. However, it's a moot point, because even if they were just as massive, they don't affect the overall rate of production. With most mega-fields declining fairly rapidly, the loss will be too great for the Alaskan, Mexican, or Brazilian fields to counteract.

Also, again, unless the EIA has massively screwed up their data, it has peaked. If you don't believe me, google it and look at it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

alaska has enormous potential, as does the gulf of florida. we will not drill there though because we aren't allowing ourselves to. fucking economists and others fear damage to the environment and we won't drill there unless we are really hurting. complete stupidity that we are not utilizing some of our own reserves and instead feel invasions on foreign countries specializing in oil production is a much better idea. now the economy and all of us suffer.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The best reserves in US are in the upper mid-west, as far as I know.

Try googling the "Bakken Formation."

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The best reserves in US are in the upper mid-west, as far as I know.

Try googling the "Bakken Formation."

really? i've never heard of that. what state does it predominately reside in?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
We should be drilling anywhere in the US that we possibly can.

Hell, I'd rather see one of these every 5 miles:

oil20rigzp8-1.jpg

instead of one of these:

050630walmarthlargehlarmt7-1.jpg

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I completely agree Tech, Wal-Mart is destroying America.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually agree, too. Drilling in Alaska won't be as bad as most environmentalists think, and as for the Bakken in North Dakota.......

:e5dunno:

Come'on, it's NORTH DAKOTA!

:49:

Remember folks, this is the state that actually considered removing the word "north" from there state name so more people would go there.....

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually agree, too. Drilling in Alaska won't be as bad as most environmentalists think, and as for the Bakken in North Dakota.......

:e5dunno:

Come'on, it's NORTH DAKOTA!

:49:

Remember folks, this is the state that actually considered removing the word "north" from there state name so more people would go there.....

:xyxthumbs:

fucking stupid environmentalist are putting more of a strain on everyone here financially because of their inability to see how much help they could provide the american people if they allowed us to drill. i know, it's fucking north dakota.

and i understand how walmart is pretty piss poor to their employees, but overall why are they considered such an evil?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
elaborate.

:food-snacking:

Watch: Wal-mart the High Cost of Low Price

Wal Mart is a greedy monster stealing away business from small business owners, discriminating against its employees by unfair health insurance and promotion practices, and purposely preventing full-time employment for some to cut health costs. On top of the fact that they buy only cheap products in bulk and from everywhere but the US meaning they are just importing all the crap they sell. While they get richer they also make countries like China wealthier as well.