Zigurd
Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Joined
- Sep 9, 2007
- Messages
- 3,475
- Points
- 38
Amazing thread. I am perplexed at how much knowledge you have =)
Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

While I agree with this I know that there will be BBers *cough*Blake*cough* that will disagree with this. And I think this is where the difference in loading and the level of fatigue and muscle damage comes into play. A lot of muscle research is done on athletes who can't afford to be stiff and sore all week. They need to be able to train everyday and perform at competition level on the weekend (or peak for whatever event). Recreational BBers and even Pro BBers aren't necessarily having to do anything anywhere near approaching athletic, so they can go overboard with drop sets and giant sets and other "intensity builders" on any bodypart they like. Personally I think this is fine until you have a real job, or family commitments that mean you can't be perpetually sore.Creator said:I recently sat down with two of our universities top doctors of exercise physiology and they were both went as far as to say, natural lifters looking for hypertrophy should undoubtedly be hitting each muscle group twice a week with 8 sets per muscle group for most muscle groups. One of them didnt believe one would get much natural size from consistently hitting each muscle group once a week. Something to keep in mind when developing your next routine!
While I agree with this I know that there will be BBers *cough*Blake*cough* that will disagree with this. And I think this is where the difference in loading and the level of fatigue and muscle damage comes into play. A lot of muscle research is done on athletes who can't afford to be stiff and sore all week. They need to be able to train everyday and perform at competition level on the weekend (or peak for whatever event). Recreational BBers and even Pro BBers aren't necessarily having to do anything anywhere near approaching athletic, so they can go overboard with drop sets and giant sets and other "intensity builders" on any bodypart they like. Personally I think this is fine until you have a real job, or family commitments that mean you can't be perpetually sore.
I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.