• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

crossfit

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So why not just do the olympic lifts properly and do sprints on cardio days?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So why not just do the olympic lifts properly and do sprints on cardio days?

He has teenage boys, so I doubt he's training to be a pro athlete. Perhaps the enjoyment factor? :wutyousay:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm not an athlete either. Admittedly I don't have kids so I probably don't understand the burden they are.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just the fact that he has teenage boys means he's probably in his late 30's at least, and probably isn't training for athletic competitions. My point was that he probably enjoys crossfit-like training, and more power to him.

If he was training to be a competitive athlete, olympic lifts and sprints would be ideal... but if your "average joe" enjoys a particular form of training, that is a great thing.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

haha tim290280 your retarded

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha tim290280 your retarded

Actually your use of English is incorrect. What you should have said/typed was:
"Ha-ha tim290280; you're retarded."
or possibly;
"Ha-ha, you are retarded tim290280."

You see your use of "your" is in the possessive or attributing case of "you" as an attributive adjective. What you should have been saying/typing was either "you are" or the contraction "you're". This then applies the insult correctly rather than simply displaying ignorance for both the use of language (as it isn't a typo) and an understanding of the discussion being had.

IS said:
Just the fact that he has teenage boys means he's probably in his late 30's at least, and probably isn't training for athletic competitions. My point was that he probably enjoys crossfit-like training, and more power to him.

If he was training to be a competitive athlete, olympic lifts and sprints would be ideal... but if your "average joe" enjoys a particular form of training, that is a great thing.
I agree that just training is a good thing, but I guess I'd prefer to see people not potentially hurting themselves. Olympic lifts aren't something you just do cross-fit style and not hurt yourself eventually. Especially for us over 30's. But his cross-fit style could be potentially safe (i.e. no high rep cleans) and a lot of fun. I asked the question to get him to elaborate on his training and consider other options as much as anything.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that just training is a good thing, but I guess I'd prefer to see people not potentially hurting themselves. Olympic lifts aren't something you just do cross-fit style and not hurt yourself eventually. Especially for us over 30's. But his cross-fit style could be potentially safe (i.e. no high rep cleans) and a lot of fun. I asked the question to get him to elaborate on his training and consider other options as much as anything.

Agreed, I'd be careful using high rep compound movements for sure. Ive found thus far though that "dumbell deadlifts/squats" done crossfit style (ie, I take the 100's, do it for 20 reps... drop it... 10 more reps.... rest, 10 more reps.... etc) all the way up to a number is an insane workout, and my back/legs always feel it the next day. A slight modification like this works wonders.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

ha-ha you are really cool