• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DEA Announces Largest Steroid Enforcement Action in U.S. History

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It is called intelligible communication.

If you want to communicate you have to use language correctly. Writing some rambling disjointed jumble of letters with no puncutation just makes it impossible to understand what you are talking about. It also shows that whatever point you are trying to make, it is being made by someone who is either: uneducated; lazy and not worth listening to; stupid and not worth listening to; someone who probably doesn't know what they are trying to say.

Kind Sir the statement i proceeded to post only contained a smidgen of incorrect grammer and/or language. It was the kind that occurs during the quick writing of a post. I re-read the post inquestion, investigated it and found it to be of an acceptable level and was able to, without much hassle figure out the desired aim of the post.

regards Mr Chewiebitums Esquire the 3rd
but you can just call me The 3rd.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kind Sir the statement i proceeded to post only contained a smidgen of incorrect grammer and/or language. It was the kind that occurs during the quick writing of a post. I re-read the post inquestion, investigated it and found it to be of an acceptable level and was able to, without much hassle figure out the desired aim of the post.

Lulz

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^typos happen.

MrChewiebitums said:

So I take it you are just too lazy to write a coherent sentence. Thus you think of your intended audience as lesser than you. :rolleyes:

Amoungst other things I do at work, I edit articles. Your message may be clear to you, but it is not easy for the reader to understand. This makes it hard work for the reader. Any time you are this slack you are both failing to engage the reader and you are insulting them as you have not put the effort into communicating with them.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Amoungst other things I do at work, I edit articles. Your message may be clear to you, but it is not easy for the reader to understand. This makes it hard work for the reader. Any time you are this slack you are both failing to engage the reader and you are insulting them as you have not put the effort into communicating with them.

Amoungst?
:p

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was wondering if anyone would actually spot that.

Spot the grammatical error I left in too.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lack of commas in the last sentence?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No that would only make up for the order of the sentence have the preposition in the wrong spot. Basically it reads strangely. Not bad, but certainly not the best use of language.

I love using irony.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^typos happen.

So I take it you are just too lazy to write a coherent sentence. Thus you think of your intended audience as lesser than you. :rolleyes:

yes they happen
i`ll try harder in the future

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It is called intelligible communication.

If you want to communicate you have to use language correctly. Writing some rambling disjointed jumble of letters with no puncutation just makes it impossible to understand what you are talking about. It also shows that whatever point you are trying to make, it is being made by someone who is either: uneducated; lazy and not worth listening to; stupid and not worth listening to; someone who probably doesn't know what they are trying to say.

tim i agree with you that the people who write "we shud def hit up the plce 2nit" when what a normal person says is "lets hang out" is annoying, but i also find it funny that you are critiquing grammer on an internet forum, and in doing so proceded to spell legible wrong. you can tell what he's saying, who cares?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes they happen
i`ll try harder in the future

:xyxthumbs:

Duality said:
tim i agree with you that the people who write "we shud def hit up the plce 2nit" when what a normal person says is "lets hang out" is annoying, but i also find it funny that you are critiquing grammer on an internet forum, and in doing so proceded to spell legible wrong. you can tell what he's saying, who cares?
I noticed a couple of mistakes in my post before I posted it and loved the irony so I left them in. :gaysign: No-one is perfect but you have to make some effort to make your writing understandable.

You yourself did not correctly read a post of mine and had a shot at me, while actually agreeing with what I'd said. So you can see that while my language had been correct and relatively simple to understand it did contain a double point or linked statement that you didn't distinguish between. This is partly my fault for not being clearer.

One thing you would understand if you had to publish written materials is that if the text is difficult to understand people do not read it at all. They skip to the next sentence or paragraph or article. So who cares? Unconciously everyone. And it hasn't been the first time I've attacked posts and posters for lazy language use (nor the last) and I'm not alone in my thoughts on said same (several people here have commented on it to me that they were going to say something as well).

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Me precious steroids oh no !!!
What am I going to feed my fishes now !

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Get the legal pro-hormones instead.

Apparently they are just as good, just look at the packaging, it wouldn't lie :footmouth:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I noticed a couple of mistakes in my post before I posted it and loved the irony so I left them in. :gaysign: No-one is perfect but you have to make some effort to make your writing understandable.

You yourself did not correctly read a post of mine and had a shot at me, while actually agreeing with what I'd said. So you can see that while my language had been correct and relatively simple to understand it did contain a double point or linked statement that you didn't distinguish between. This is partly my fault for not being clearer.

One thing you would understand if you had to publish written materials is that if the text is difficult to understand people do not read it at all. They skip to the next sentence or paragraph or article. So who cares? Unconciously everyone. And it hasn't been the first time I've attacked posts and posters for lazy language use (nor the last) and I'm not alone in my thoughts on said same (several people here have commented on it to me that they were going to say something as well).

lol. i <3 tim

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
after the olympic games where many athletes of my country where found positive,the steroid issue was all over the news,police did a couple of raids but shortly the hole thing was buried and roids are still very easy to find

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
after the olympic games where many athletes of my country where found positive,the steroid issue was all over the news,police did a couple of raids but shortly the hole thing was buried and roids are still very easy to find

Ya kinda like the recent media craze and drug enforcement in North America over performance enhancing drugs. It all boils down to the government trying to "clean up" pro sports. The MLB in particular. I'm sure it will cool off at some point