• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deadlifts are useless for building strength

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

So today I started my workout with Deadlifts and was told by another lifter (in my class and on my football team) that doing barbell deadlifts were useless and that the would not help me at all. this all sparked from me doing bb dadlifts rather than the trap bar deadlifts like everyone else. They then told me that (even though my form was right) my back was becoming involved with the movement and that it should be a sole legs workout. They then asked the teacher what he thought as they watched me continue doing bb deadlift and he told them that it was a great way to hurt your back doign it that way and that my lower back was just waiting to be injured doing it with a barbell. I finally just gave up trying to tell them about it and just kept lifting.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts if done right is great for strength, and it will make your back bigger and stronger !!! i think your football team and teacher dont know shit about bodybuilding :49: keep pumbing brother :xyxthumbs:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah sounds like old fart gym myth crap to me! tell the dude to go lick a cock popsicle whilst you get down in the trenches doing deadlifts!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can commiserate with you here. i was the big dude at my highschool and there is so much bullshit and myths that circulate in the gym. i'm glad you know these people are idiots and you should definetely continue deadlifting. i hate that stupid hex-bar deadlift shit they do for highschool football teams

P

power

Deadlifts and squats are the best overall mass builders, period!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serisouly, don't ever listen to other people in telling you what to do. If Deadlifts weren't good for strength and size, then why do you see PROFESSIONAL lifters doing them? They probably aren't doing them so they can just waste time! The only people I listen to for lifiting is MM and Arcane whom I go to school with, that's it! Our football team is o.k. when it comes to lifting, but don't ever base the information they give you! Keep doing those deadlifts!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Remember, deadlifts don't build strength. Only size and the force.

It's your Jedi powers that lift the bar.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Your teacher dont know shit and nor do your friends :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha I would love to see a deadlift done soley using the leg muscles like they think. I can tell you for fact and experience that deads are the best way to pack thick meat on you body. Keep doing deads my friend and when those silly little jocks see those fatty ass erectors on you starting to starting to pop out, making you thick as an oak, just point and laugh at there miniscule physiques.

Before incorporating deads into my routine
dscn0115il2-1.jpg

After incorporating deads into my routine

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pumpin

lol wow man i used to be one the best where i live and squats dead lift and bench press were the perfect work outs for getting strength and size in football ur team and coaches are dumb asses

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts are the number 1 exercise there is.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I would say that deadlifting has done something with my back..
(Old pic)
Uploadfromtaptalk1403815986897

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tell them that they are idiots, flat out.. I do not know what else you could do. Just keep doing them bro, deadlifts are an awesome mass builder for your back among others.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

thanks for the support
now the teacher is mad at our class and has decided to turn us into a class where we are just going to be running laps starting monday
knight_ridercome and take over my class so I can continue lifting and so I have a teacher who actually knows what they are talking about

samutown

samutown

The deadlift is the best exercise in the gym

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Distance yourself from those cretins as much as possible, and block off any noise that eminates from their mouths as it is clearly useless.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
blasphemy.. pure blasphemy.