• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Death of an Icon.

aldodupaul

aldodupaul

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
235
Points
16
Arnold Schwarzenegger mourns death of longtime pal Franco Columbu

By Laura Italiano
August 31, 2019 | 1:52am

Arnold Schwarzenegger is in mourning for his longtime and childhood pal, actor and champion bodybuilder Franco Columbu, who drowned while swimming off the eastern coast of Sardinia, according to Italian press accounts.
Columbu, 78, a native Sardinian, died while being rushed by helicopter to a hospital, La Nuova newspaper reported.
He was a former Mr. Olympia and Mr. Universe who lived in Los Angeles and appeared in the Schwarzenegger films “The Terminator” and “Conan the Barbarian.”
“I love you Franco,” Schwarzenegger tweeted, calling Columbu his best friend. “I will always remember the joy you brought to my life, the advices you gave me, and the twinkle in your eye that never disappeared.”
The tweet linked to an essay Schwarzenegger wrote detailing their long friendship.
“From the minute we met in Munich, you were my partner in crime,” he reminisced.
“We pushed each other, we competed with each other, and we laughed at every moment along the way,” the essay continued.
“When I finally got to America, I was alone. I’d left my family, my country, my whole life behind. So when I asked Joe Weider to bring you to train with me, it was because I knew I wasn’t the same without my best friend. I could thrive without money, without my parents, but I couldn’t thrive without you.
“I am devastated today. But I am also so, so grateful for the 54 years of friendship and joy we shared. The pumps, the chess games, the construction work, the meals, the pranks, the life lessons — we did it all together. We grew and we learned and we loved. My life was more fun, more colorful, and more complete .

"We are all Contenders........ Its What We do that makes us Champions "

Source: https://thenypost-files-wordpress-com
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

MuscleMecca Crew
Replies
2
Views
210
KaiGold
KaiGold
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
500
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top