• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deconstructing The Myth of AIDS

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd be interested in hearing what those with scientific background have to say about this video. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I saw it was a 2hr doco I stopped downloading.

Suffice to say I don't think it could make any factual argument to suggest that HIV is not a deadly and virilent disease that does exist.

What key points do they make?

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I saw it was a 2hr doco I stopped downloading.

Suffice to say I don't think it could make any factual argument to suggest that HIV is not a deadly and virilent disease that does exist.

What key points do they make?

It basically tried to make it clear that HIV does not lead to AIDS and its the toxic drugs that they give to cure you that cause a lot of the harm.

It's a really good watch with lots of different scientists making very interesting points.

Make sure you watch the first 30 mins of it at least to see if you'd want to watch the rest ;)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It basically tried to make it clear that HIV does not lead to AIDS and its the toxic drugs that they give to cure you that cause a lot of the harm.

It's a really good watch with lots of different scientists making very interesting points.

Make sure you watch the first 30 mins of it at least to see if you'd want to watch the rest ;)

Oh right. I've heard about this one before. The Foo Fighters were supporting this campaign at one point.

I think the entire thing can be summed up with BULLSHIT!!

HIV is the cause of AIDS; simple as that. This conspiracy theory has arisen because of the efficacy of the drugs and the small minority of people who can remain HIV+ but not develop full blown AIDS. AIDS is essentially the cold to the virus, actual symptoms to it can take awhile or never seriously arise.

To put it in context: the flu and all the symptoms have nothing to do with the flu virus. The symptoms are actually the immune system response trying to destroy and expell the flu virus.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh right. I've heard about this one before. The Foo Fighters were supporting this campaign at one point.

I think the entire thing can be summed up with BULLSHIT!!

HIV is the cause of AIDS; simple as that. This conspiracy theory has arisen because of the efficacy of the drugs and the small minority of people who can remain HIV+ but not develop full blown AIDS. AIDS is essentially the cold to the virus, actual symptoms to it can take awhile or never seriously arise.

To put it in context: the flu and all the symptoms have nothing to do with the flu virus. The symptoms are actually the immune system response trying to destroy and expell the flu virus.

Alright cool.

It would also be interesting to hear IS's view's on this thing :)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't watch the video now, but to suggest that the drugs are responsible for the side effects of AIDS are just silly. The prognosis when someone was diagnosed with HIV 20 years ago was a life expectancy of like 5 more years.... now, with the new anti-retrovirals, (as HIV is a retro virus... protein--> RNA --> DNA, which is the opposite of the "central dogma" ), people diagnosed early with HIV can live for 40 years...

... i'll watch it later and comment soon.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't watch the video now, but to suggest that the drugs are responsible for the side effects of AIDS are just silly. The prognosis when someone was diagnosed with HIV 20 years ago was a life expectancy of like 5 more years.... now, with the new anti-retrovirals, (as HIV is a retro virus... protein--> RNA --> DNA, which is the opposite of the "central dogma" ), people diagnosed early with HIV can live for 40 years...

... i'll watch it later and comment soon.

cool, look forward to it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this seems very similar to the whole "vaccinations and autism" thing. i'm sure Tim will explain the science to it as to why it's not a valid claim, but after seeing and reading some information on it, i sure as hell would be very leary vaccinating my child.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Why bother; your statement shows you clearly don't care.

Suffice to say vaccinations have saved more lives and prevented more diseases than any of the side effects.

Anyone ever heard of polio????

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Why bother; your statement shows you clearly don't care.

Suffice to say vaccinations have saved more lives and prevented more diseases than any of the side effects.

Anyone ever heard of polio????

boy you've really had a stick up your ass to me lately haven't you? no, that's not what i said, i'd just be leary of having my own child vaccinated after hearing and reading what i have from parents and supporters of this claim (an admittedly biased approach). me saying you'd give the science to it wasn't said condescendingly.

and you saying "vaccinations have saved more lives and prevented more diseases than any of the side effects" alludes that vaccines could potentially cause such side effects like that of autism.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
boy you've really had a stick up your ass to me lately haven't you? no, that's not what i said, i'd just be leary of having my own child vaccinated after hearing and reading what i have from parents and supporters of this claim (an admittedly biased approach). me saying you'd give the science to it wasn't said condescendingly.

and you saying "vaccinations have saved more lives and prevented more diseases than any of the side effects" alludes that vaccines could potentially cause such side effects like that of autism.

Sorry if I'm reading malice where there is none.

My statement was to contend a few things:
1) some diseases have been essentially wiped out that previously mamed or killed 1000's or 1000000's of people a year. Case in point polio, small pox were common only a generation ago.

2) side effects are dependent on a lot of variables.

3) autism risks are actually insignificantly low.

4) risks of disease spread from not vaccinating are very high. To quote Dr House "You're an idiot for not immunising your child!"

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry if I'm reading malice where there is none.

My statement was to contend a few things:
1) some diseases have been essentially wiped out that previously mamed or killed 1000's or 1000000's of people a year. Case in point polio, small pox were common only a generation ago.

2) side effects are dependent on a lot of variables.

3) autism risks are actually insignificantly low.

4) risks of disease spread from not vaccinating are very high. To quote Dr House "You're an idiot for not immunising your child!"

hmm ok. now don't get me wrong, from a widespread standpoint vaccinations are absolutely imperative to keep diseases at bay. now i don't know if the marked rise of autism cases are due to the disorder actually increasing, or they are simply being diagnosed on a more consistent basis, but don't the numbers, considering the polls on the rate of increase of the disorder are fairly accurate, give some cause for concern over the pseudoscience diagnosis by parents among others that some of these vaccinations can by spurring this heartbreaking rise in autism? (i couldn't imagine how i would feel if my son was diagnosed and i could have prevented it). if you had a child, would you get every single vaccination recommended?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes I would give them every vaccination.

There is little credible research linking autism numbers with vaccines. Autism has risen for a number of reasons, there was a paper done recently I believe discussing this. Can vaccinations cause side effects = yes, but what side effect? Side effects range from rashes to immune reactions to hepatitis, and maybe possible developmental problems. But the rates are something like 1:10000 or 1:30000 or something silly like that. You have more chance of getting a staph infection from the needle they use to administer the vaccination than that.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes I would give them every vaccination.

There is little credible research linking autism numbers with vaccines. Autism has risen for a number of reasons, there was a paper done recently I believe discussing this. Can vaccinations cause side effects = yes, but what side effect? Side effects range from rashes to immune reactions to hepatitis, and maybe possible developmental problems. But the rates are something like 1:10000 or 1:30000 or something silly like that. You have more chance of getting a staph infection from the needle they use to administer the vaccination than that.

can't argue with any of this. but the skeptic in me fears who was funding the bulk of this research, and whether that could lead to them not finding any real link. i know it's conspiracy theory type thinking, but.......i don't in the least bit trust drug companices and big pharmacy.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ok I'm going to post an article in a minute on Science Under Attack.

The "bulk of the research" is just medical stats. Freely available and untampered with. The only stuff that can be misleading is the correlation studies (as there is a great example of a study that proved storks bring babies). But at least correlation studies are evidence based rather than wild claims and accusations. Wild claims can be made by one person and all of a sudden everyone believes it to be true rather than it being the truth. Truthiness in its real sense.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim, I would also appreciate it if you watch the thing and point out specific things that are wrong with it, from what I'm seeing, there are some interesting stuff in it.

if you don't watch it all, watch the first hour at least.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's no way any woman is ever going to allow herself to be the fertilizer where Duality plants his seed, so any discussions related to his children are rendered moot.