• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Dexter Jackson guest posing @ 2010 NPC Muscle Mayhem

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Lighten up Tim, Not everything is meant to be taken in its stanch literal meaning... especially coming from an Aussie its quite estonishing (I hope this just good enough a word for this conversation?) since "you're a legend, Mate" is quite regularly used expression there! I dont believe you start lecturing people in the malls upon hearing it?.... right??? ... right??? :bitelip:

"Lighten up Tim" is an oxymoron.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Lighten up Tim, Not everything is meant to be taken in its stanch literal meaning... especially coming from an Aussie its quite estonishing (I hope this just good enough a word for this conversation?) since "you're a legend, Mate" is quite regularly used expression there! I dont believe you start lecturing people in the malls upon hearing it?.... right??? ... right??? :bitelip:
Colloquial jargon is hardly the same as definitive terminolgy. You were defending your use of the term as though it was correctly applied. But I take your point that if you use the term in an informal sense then fair enough.

Also Australian vernacular is often ironic, hyperbolic or satirical. Suggesting that someone is a "legend" is deliberate use of hyperbole to thank or acknowledge someone or something whilst also retaining an informal and subdued tone (i.e. how can someone be a legend for holding a door open; they can't they are simply being friendly whilst having a shot at everyone else who doesn't hold the door open).

dilatedanus said:
"Lighten up Tim" is an oxymoron.

Looks like someone won't be getting their fill of Aussie pole this evening after-all.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Lighten up Tim, Not everything is meant to be taken in its stanch literal meaning... especially coming from an Aussie its quite estonishing (I hope this just good enough a word for this conversation?) since "you're a legend, Mate" is quite regularly used expression there! I dont believe you start lecturing people in the malls upon hearing it?.... right??? ... right??? :bitelip:

:doh:
 
Y

yardharr

Active member
Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
31
Points
6
I'm glad Dexter is taking different approach. How different exactly, we will see. Sometimes you to take a gamble if the same old thing does not cut it anymore.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I made the same point after the O last year. He had started being punished for being the same old Dex. Admittedly everyone around him had brought something new to the table: Jay was probably in the best shape of his career; Kai was new to the stage and was lean and big; Phil looked great and improved in the evening; Branch came in ripped and had arguably the best side chest on stage. So when Dex showed up looking great/the same then he was always going to battle.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
Branch came in ripped and had arguably the best side chest on stage..

Yup... and that is especially commendable because he does not have great delt-tricep tie-ins and theres always a (for lack of better word) "blur" in that area... but boy did his overall side chest-shot look good that night!:thumbsup2:
 

Similar threads

Top