• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Dexter Jackson re-signs with MD!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
DEXTER SIGNS WITH MD 1



Dexter “The Blade” Jackson Re-signs with MD!

By Steve Blechman


I am proud to announce that Dexter Jackson has signed a new exclusive contract with MD.

According to Dexter, “This is a true honor; MD has established itself as the industry leader." I am so proud and grateful to be a part of Team MD, the best hardcore bodybuilding magazine and website in the world, with the best athletes and writers in the business! I can’t thank Steve enough for re-signing me here at MD and having his support.]

Dexter Jackson has proven, time and time again, why he is considered one of the greatest bodybuilders in sports history. A career that spans 61 contests with 15 wins including the 2008 Mr. Olympia and 3 Arnold Classic Championships (2005, 2006, and 2008).

On December 8th, 2012 Dexter Jackson won the Masters Olympia in probably his best shape ever. The 43 – year-old becomes the first man to win a Mr. Olympia and a Masters Olympia title! According to Peter McGough “I can’t think of any other bodybuilder who has produced his best form at such a mature age and after more than a decade of contest action under his training belt.

Always the possessor of great symmetry and balance, the current version of The Blade seems fuller than ever, which causes his skin to be stretched to maximum force, revealing even deeper and more dramatic cuts.”Dexter’s next competition is the 2013 Arnold Classic on March 2nd.

Dexter is the favorite going into the show. If he is successful and wins his 4th Arnold, he will tie all-time great Flex Wheeler.
Stay tuned for photo spreads and videos with Dexter as he prepares for the Arnold in MD magazine and online.

Dexter says, “We are going to rock and roll and bring you great training videos on MDTV from Gold’s Gym Venice.

Wishing you the best in your preparation and success at the Arnold!

I am proud to have Dexter as part of our great MD Team of bodybuilders and Olympians such as Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, and Jay Cutler
 
Last edited by a moderator:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
Man, Dex must be happy. Imagine if he can take his 4th crown...
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
DEXTER_LONG_ROAD-1.jpg



DEXTER’S MASTER CLASS

Dexter Jackson’s long and winding road to making bodybuilding history.

By Peter McGough

2002O-1.jpg


In the annals of bodybuilding Dexter Jackson stands alone as the first – and thus so far only – man to win both a Mr. Olympia title (as he did in 2008) and a Masters Olympia title as he did last December 8.

FROM RUNT OF THE LITTER TO KING OF THE HILL

From his first amateur contest as a 135-pound bantamweight in 1991 Jackson climbed the ladder until he reached the pinnacle of the sport 17 years later by winning the 2008 Mr. Olympia title. This equaled Chris Dickerson’s longest journey record whose amateur contest debut was 1965, followed 17 years later by winning the Olympia title.

The Jacksonville native turned pro by winning the light heavyweight and overall titles at the 1998 North American Championships and flexed for ten seasons in the pros before taking his first Sandow. From turning pro all other 12 Mr. Olympias had a much shorter route to being top dog.I can’t think of any other bodybuilder who has produced his best form at such a mature age and after more than 20 years of contest action under his training belt.

The 2012 version of Jackson certainly brought a little extra (maybe Dextra is a better term) to the table. Always the possessor of great symmetry and balance, the current re-invention of The Blade seems fuller than ever which causes his skin to be stretched to maximum force revealing even deeper and more dramatic cuts. He has thus far competed in 61 IFBB pro contests with a record of 15 wins.

DOWN AND OUT IN NEW ORLEANS

In free association mode when anyone mentions Dexter’s name I instantly recall Friday, September 29, 1995 in New Orleans, shortly after the prejudging of that year’s NPC Nationals. Just 12 weeks earlier this then 25 year old had won the light heavy division at the NPC USA Championships in Denver. In those days only the overall champ (which was heavyweight Phil Hernon whose victory caused the runner-up in that class Craig Titus to storm offstage) received a pro card.

2008O-1.jpg


Nevertheless, Jackson went forward to the Nationals as a favorite and a light heavy win there would earn him a pro card. Then the unthinkable happened, as in New Orleans The Blade (he still had to attain that moniker) didn’t make the top 15 cut. (To this day I still think there must have been a mix-up with number IDs or something.)

That’s as may be, but later that evening I espied seated in a diner just off Bourbon Street, a forlorn Dexter about as willing to digest the result as he was another bowl of chicken and rice. I offered consolation and puzzlement but it was clear he didn’t want to discuss it.Backstage just after he won the 2008 Olympia I asked him to reflect on that crushing 1995 episode from New Orleans.

From a 13-year perspective he said, “It was pretty much the end for me. I was working a lot and spending most of my money on bodybuilding. So when I didn’t make the cut I thought, this doesn’t make any sense I’m done with it. Now I’m Mr. Olympia – that’s crazy!”Clutching the Sandow he said, “These past few years I’ve said just give me one, just the one. This trophy now separates me from some of the greatest bodybuilders of all time like Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone. I got the one I wanted. Don’t matter about another Olympia title.”Well, sorry Master Jackson you just earned another Olympia title last December 8.

Enjoy, it’s obvious the dance ain’t over yet. Next stop, the Arnold Classic on March 2.


Source: https://musculardevelopment.com/new...00-dexters-master-class-by-peter-mcgough.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Dexter has made so much money off Bodybuilding
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
He is a living legend... I don't think he will have any trouble winning next years ASC, especially if he shows up like he did at the Masters
 

Similar threads

Top