• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter, Phil, Jay, Melvin, DJ and Toney's predictions for the 09 Mr. O

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With Jay placing no lower than 2nd in his last seven Olympias, there's no reason to figure he can't win.

That's a great point, mate and I'm sure most guys here didn't realize that.

medicineman

medicineman

dudes are trippin, jay is the largest pro, olympia is bout size. jay made noticeable improvements that you could see at the dex. classic. dudes waist is smaller, and he looks harder this year. everyone will b surprised this year....gonna be a good one.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
are they really that dillusional that they would put themselves(toney and melvin) first?

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dudes are trippin, jay is the largest pro, olympia is bout size. jay made noticeable improvements that you could see at the dex. classic. dudes waist is smaller, and he looks harder this year. everyone will b surprised this year....gonna be a good one.

I'm not so sure jay is the largest pro anymore, both wolf and kai are pushing the 300mark, and will probably step onstage around 260-280

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

To quote Ronnie:
Melvin and Toney have been smoking crack this morning.

Anyway, Jay ain't the largest guy, sizewise, Wolf and Greene both are 300 lbs Off-Season and on stage they are 280 for Wolf and around 260 for Kai, so that's not even an argument.I believe Phil will take this one, Kai coming 2nd or 3rd depending on Dexter.Jay ain't cracking top 3.Asymmetries anyone?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

the olympia is more about muscularity than size, the last largest mr olympias (minus jay 07 and dexter) were not only some of the largest guys on stage, they were the most muscular and better conditioned.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
RealDeal2099

RealDeal2099

Thanks. A lot of guys also don't realize that Jay is younger than Dexter. I'm not sure how old Kai and Victor are, but the improvements that some of these guys can make from last year may be minimal. For example, Toney placing first at 43 years old is unlikely.

bangbang

bangbang

Not sure why Victor is being placed so low by so many.

H

hook3

dude true olympia is alot about size but that doesnt mean jay is the largest pro ronnie made him look tiny.... heath has it man kai is huuuuge but has to do something about the gut

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
It's an interesting point, but not a great one. Ronnie had 9 consecutive Olympia top-2s before he was relegated to a lower placing. Unless the defending champion is well off, odds are he won't be placed low, if only out of respect/politics. Jay's already had that "buffer year" between his win and a lower placing.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's an interesting point, but not a great one. Ronnie had 9 consecutive Olympia top-2s before he was relegated to a lower placing. Unless the defending champion is well off, odds are he won't be placed low, if only out of respect/politics. Jay's already had that "buffer year" between his win and a lower placing.

You'll agree with me that ROnnie went downhill from 2006 and 2007. You and me know Jay would show somewhere near 2006 (I hope) or 2007. He wouldn't show worse than last year.

I don't think there is what you call "buffer year" to put a champion down.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
You'll agree with me that ROnnie went downhill from 2006 and 2007. You and me know Jay would show somewhere near 2006 (I hope) or 2007. He wouldn't show worse than last year.

I don't think there is what you call "buffer year" to put a champion down.
Of course Ronnie looked worse from 2006 to 2007, but it's really a moot point as the awardance of the Sandow to Jackson changes the schematic of how physiques are analyzed on a professional level. Many felt Jay shouldn't have been second last year but the powers that be wouldn't have placed him lower than that unless he came in looking unapologetically bad. Still, the main problem is that he doesn't have anything new to bring to the table and is now matched in size and bested in condition and proportion by several athletes. His asymmetry problems are also more apparent than ever. I'm not sure it matters though because these days an improved Dexter, Phil, Kai, and Victor all beat the same ol' Jay...which is really all you're hoping for -- that he duplicates past showings. He's done as a champion.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course Ronnie looked worse from 2006 to 2007, but it's really a moot point as the awardance of the Sandow to Jackson changes the schematic of how physiques are analyzed on a professional level. Many felt Jay shouldn't have been second last year but the powers that be wouldn't have placed him lower than that unless he came in looking unapologetically bad. Still, the main problem is that he doesn't have anything new to bring to the table and is now matched in size and bested in condition and proportion by several athletes. His asymmetry problems are also more apparent than ever. I'm not sure it matters though because these days an improved Dexter, Phil, Kai, and Victor all beat the same ol' Jay...which is really all you're hoping for -- that he duplicates past showings. He's done as a champion.

Exactly. Dex's win last year heralded a move away from the Cutler and Coleman era and physique. Dex was noted for his symmetry and proportions, not his massive size (not that he is little). That is also why a lot of the so-so physiques will not make waves like a lot of people think they will. I think there are three guys, possibly four, that could be in the running and one of them has only a few months to bring some legs. Those three are all about symmetry and proportions and none of them have a skeleton in the closet waiting to shame BBing in the eyes of the world with a new take on fruit uses.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course Ronnie looked worse from 2006 to 2007, but it's really a moot point as the awardance of the Sandow to Jackson changes the schematic of how physiques are analyzed on a professional level.

Once again, you can't say that yet. I mean, wait 5 more years, wait and see if some "small", symmetrical guys win the Olympia, and then, ok, I'll agree with you. But you are currently judging by one single year.

Many felt Jay shouldn't have been second last year but the powers that be wouldn't have placed him lower than that unless he came in looking unapologetically bad.

Every champ has his momentum. I agree. You can agree or disagree with it, but that's what we have.

Still, the main problem is that he doesn't have anything new to bring to the table

No, it's not a problem. Ronnie didn't really improved his phisique since 1999, but he won another 6 straight Olympias. Jay achived his best in the past, ok, but that doesn't mean he can't win. Arnold did it, Yates did it, Ronnie did it.

and is now matched in size and bested in condition and proportion by several athletes.

Really? By several you mean.... who? The only man who would jump onstage @ 270+ lbs could be Kai Green. Of course Toney would weight more than that, but he's not 5'8''.

Yeah, conditioning is his main concern since 2007, but in 2005-2006 he showed up very hard and separated.

His asymmetry problems are also more apparent than ever.

No, they are not. He looks better than in 2007 offseason.

I'm not sure it matters though because these days an improved Dexter, Phil, Kai, and Victor all beat the same ol' Jay...which is really all you're hoping for -- that he duplicates past showings. He's done as a champion.

This is funny. You think all top-6 guys are going to improve and Jay wouldn't do it.

And yeah, I'm hoping to see again a 2006 Jay Cutler. If he shows like that, forget it, it's game over.