• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

DEXTROSE

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
86
Points
6
Good, bad, or useless?
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
good during and post workout
bad any other time.....not as such because its bad but because there are better options
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
What about when in diet mode? still use it in the morning?
 
L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
86
Points
6
Is it the most ideal post-workout carb of choice??
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
What about when in diet mode? still use it in the morning?
Maybe 30-60 grams tops if you have a fast metabolism.

Personally, I wouldn't use it in the morning while dieting.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
recently Dextrose has been giving me the shits. Last couple of workouts i took it after it and on my way home had a terrible groan in my stomach. Raced home asap knowing i was going to drop my guts. I think the reason though is maybe because i had too much post-workout, I had like 80g normally i'd have 50g. I'll cut back to that and see how it goes. It's saved me ALOT of cash on post-workout supplementation and it does just as good if not better then the other post-workout products that company's sell.
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
recently Dextrose has been giving me the shits. Last couple of workouts i took it after it and on my way home had a terrible groan in my stomach. Raced home asap knowing i was going to drop my guts. I think the reason though is maybe because i had too much post-workout, I had like 80g normally i'd have 50g. I'll cut back to that and see how it goes. It's saved me ALOT of cash on post-workout supplementation and it does just as good if not better then the other post-workout products that company's sell.
How does your body normally handle sugar?

You could try switching to maltodextrin, it's only slightly more expensive.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
How does your body normally handle sugar?

You could try switching to maltodextrin, it's only slightly more expensive.

My body does handle sugar fine normally but if the problem persists I'll definetly check out the maltodextrin. It doesn't digest as quick right? I mean dextrose is just pure glucose which is 100 on gi. Maybe it might just be too much for my body.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
i heard daryl gee make a comment on how he put on 25 lbs in a short period of time when he discovered creatine for the first time, he mentioned that back in the day it was chalk full of dextrose and he beleives thats one of the reason for his gains
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
I do a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin postworkout and I love it.
 
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
Flex pretty much owned this thread. Great advice all around in here.

I like Dextrose because like Flex said its so cheap and yet very effective. It really helps with bulking
 
Bhana

Bhana

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
444
Points
16
Dextrose with Creatine is great! And super cheap too compared to creatine products mixed with other stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that Maltodextrin is a complexed carb?
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Dextrose with Creatine is great! And super cheap too compared to creatine products mixed with other stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that Maltodextrin is a complexed carb?

Correct.

It acts very similar to glucose though.
 

Similar threads

PumpChaser
Replies
0
Views
185
PumpChaser
PumpChaser
bambam55
Replies
7
Views
4K
philosopher
philosopher
B
Replies
5
Views
5K
LSIA4549DB/RS
L
Top