• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Doms and rest

slyosniper

slyosniper

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
66
Points
8
I've found that splitting muscle groups and making sure I get enough rest works best for me. My question is: what does everyone do when they're really sore?

I've heard a lot of different opinions. Some people say to listen to your body and maybe do some light cardio. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a sauna anymore, which was something I really enjoyed for recovery.

Others have told me it's okay to train through the soreness as long as you're careful, and that movement can help reduce stiffness and soreness. What do you all do when you're dealing with DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)? Do you rest completely, stay active, or have any recovery methods that work well for you
 

Attachments

  • KIMG20260601_121532459.JPG
    KIMG20260601_121532459.JPG
    651.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Like
Reactions: JayRooker
RockyBuilder

RockyBuilder

Well-known member
Author
Joined
Apr 16, 2025
Messages
361
Points
18
If the soreness is really bad, I take an extra rest day. But if it's just normal DOMS, I still train and just lower the intensity a bit. Works pretty well for me
 
  • Like
Reactions: slyosniper
slyosniper

slyosniper

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
66
Points
8
If the soreness is really bad, I take an extra rest day. But if it's just normal DOMS, I still train and just lower the intensity a bit. Works pretty well for me
Nice
 
talktomybiceps

talktomybiceps

Well-known member
Author
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
335
Points
18
I usually stay active rather than completely resting. Light cardio, walking, and some mobility work seem to help reduce stiffness without interfering with recovery. If the soreness is mild, I'll still train, but if it's affecting my form or range of motion, I'll give that muscle group another day to recover.
 
M

MasonCole

Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
15
Points
3
Light movement usually works better than full rest for me. Walking, easy cardio, and a proper warm-up usually clear up stiffness pretty fast.
 
MuscleMaverick

MuscleMaverick

Well-known member
Author
Joined
Apr 16, 2025
Messages
573
Points
18
I don't like sitting around when I'm sore. Some easy cardio and stretching usually help me loosen up, and by the next day I'm often feeling much better.
 

Similar threads

CoachCelestine
Replies
1
Views
88
chris_miller
chris_miller
tim290280
Replies
9
Views
5K
RobbyM11
RobbyM11
CoachCelestine
Replies
4
Views
138
BrofessorLift
BrofessorLift
Top