• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Don't blame me....

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
... I voted for Ron Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rick ramirezsublime

Nice video IS!, I'll tell you what happened to the Rep. Party! It was hijacked by giant corporations, masquerading as human beings! Ron Paul, I have to admit, was a better choice than all the other Rep. morons put together. But, R P does have some very extreme beliefs though. But, with that said, he is still more of a cons. then any of the Rep. nominees. Especially gampy, And the guy who wears magic underwear, and the guy who is married to a transgender man/woman, whatever, that f'n 911 profiteer.:ranter: and that ugly ass fake guy who reads scripts for a living!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to admit, was a better choice than all the other Rep. morons put together. But, R P does have some very extreme beliefs though.

You're new, so I'll go easy :coolguy:

Name one of his beliefs which are "extreme"? I worked for his campaign for 2 weeks down over xmas holidays, so I know his policies pretty well, and would be more than happy to correct you. :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I want that shirt that guy on comments was talking bout..

"we're screwed 08'" lol.

awesome video IS, 10mins of pure pwnage!

R

rick ramirezsublime

lol 2 whole weeks huh!I want to start out by saying that Ron Paul seems like a very honest and genuine man, something of a rarity in politics. When it comes to foreign policy he is the most intelligent and well-informed Republican candidate. It is generally well known that Paul is against the war in Iraq, and a strong supporter of the Constitution, but there is much more to Rep. Paul than just that.

Ron Paul is actually the most conservative member of Congress. It may be appealing to hear him talk about having personal liberty and freedom from government taxation, but when we look more closely his views become somewhat concerning.

Perhaps the biggest hypocrisy of Paul's campaign is his position on homosexuals. Although he's built his reputation on fighting for freedom and liberty, that freedom apparently does not extend to homosexuals.

He has stood against government regulation, but favors defining marriage as a union between one man and one woman, and voted to ban adoption for same-sex couples. It's an example where Paul's religious views apparently trump his belief in a free society.

He has stood out among candidates for both parties as a candidate willing to end the "War on Drugs." This would end billions of dollars in government spending, which have failed to prevent the propagation of illegal substances in society. Although I Agree on that one!

Also, he was against sending aid to the victims of Katrina.His reasoning was blame the victim. The Rep. SOP. However, Paul goes further and also opposes the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory power. One of the arguments that drug-legalization supporters most often make is that by making drugs legal we could make those drugs safer through regulation. But Paul's legalization policy completely dismisses the importance of drug safety.

Paul is right about one thing, the FDA is an ineffective organization, but the answer is not to further strip FDA regulatory power, which Paul has attempted to do while in Congress.

The FDA is ineffective because it lacks funding and public support, and has all too often buckled under pressure from large pharmaceutical corporations. Ending the rubber-stamp policies at the FDA starts by increasing their capacity to give people useful and scientific public health information. Why would we want to dismiss the importance of an organization charged with testing food and drug safety? When public servants, not political appointees, ran the FDA it was an effective organization.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're new, so I'll go easy :coolguy:

Name one of his beliefs which are "extreme"? I worked for his campaign for 2 weeks down over xmas holidays, so I know his policies pretty well, and would be more than happy to correct you. :xyxthumbs:

the legalization of narcotics?...... you posted a vid awhile back where he called for the legalization of drugs to put drug dealers out of business/ take funding away from gangs and terrorist groups. though his reasoning makes sense, that policy is no doubt....extreme.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol 2 whole weeks huh!I want to start out by saying that Ron Paul seems like a very honest and genuine man, something of a rarity in politics. When it comes to foreign policy he is the most intelligent and well-informed Republican candidate. It is generally well known that Paul is against the war in Iraq, and a strong supporter of the Constitution, but there is much more to Rep. Paul than just that.

Ron Paul is actually the most conservative member of Congress. It may be appealing to hear him talk about having personal liberty and freedom from government taxation, but when we look more closely his views become somewhat concerning.

Perhaps the biggest hypocrisy of Paul's campaign is his position on homosexuals. Although he's built his reputation on fighting for freedom and liberty, that freedom apparently does not extend to homosexuals.

He has stood against government regulation, but favors defining marriage as a union between one man and one woman, and voted to ban adoption for same-sex couples. It's an example where Paul's religious views apparently trump his belief in a free society.

He has stood out among candidates for both parties as a candidate willing to end the "War on Drugs." This would end billions of dollars in government spending, which have failed to prevent the propagation of illegal substances in society. Although I Agree on that one!

Also, he was against sending aid to the victims of Katrina.His reasoning was blame the victim. The Rep. SOP. However, Paul goes further and also opposes the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory power. One of the arguments that drug-legalization supporters most often make is that by making drugs legal we could make those drugs safer through regulation. But Paul's legalization policy completely dismisses the importance of drug safety.

Paul is right about one thing, the FDA is an ineffective organization, but the answer is not to further strip FDA regulatory power, which Paul has attempted to do while in Congress.

The FDA is ineffective because it lacks funding and public support, and has all too often buckled under pressure from large pharmaceutical corporations. Ending the rubber-stamp policies at the FDA starts by increasing their capacity to give people useful and scientific public health information. Why would we want to dismiss the importance of an organization charged with testing food and drug safety? When public servants, not political appointees, ran the FDA it was an effective organization.

your main points here seem to be dr paul's view on homosexuals. even though your right that this is somewhat contradictory to his other views, it is completely in line with the Republican party and it seems he makes exceptions here because he has put extra thought into his policies on gays. he's right to deny homosexual couples adopted children, it's unfair to the child to be thrust into such a unnatural situation.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol 2 whole weeks huh!I want to start out by saying that Ron Paul seems like a very honest and genuine man, something of a rarity in politics. When it comes to foreign policy he is the most intelligent and well-informed Republican candidate. It is generally well known that Paul is against the war in Iraq, and a strong supporter of the Constitution, but there is much more to Rep. Paul than just that. Ron Paul is actually the most conservative member of Congress.

Agree with everything here. It was only two weeks, but I was offered a job from January onward but they couldn't guarantee it would last until summer, so I would have had to take school off and delay a year with that, yada yada yada, anyways, this is besides the point. :hsughr:

Perhaps the biggest hypocrisy of Paul's campaign

Okay, I can tell right now that this is going to be fun. Ron Paul is the least hypocritical person I have ever met, and certainly the least out of any politician thats probably ever lived in the last 200 years at least. The only hypocrisy associated with Ron Paul's campaign is this:

is his position on homosexuals. Although he's built his reputation on fighting for freedom and liberty, that freedom apparently does not extend to homosexuals.

Oh I know where this is going :hmmm:

Wrong on his definition of marriage. Personally, he's obviously a supporter of heterosexual marriage, but there are several things to consider. He's been against banning gay marriage in the constitution, for one. This clip below explains his position as good as it can be.

As for banning homosexual adoption, he is against the federal government regulation of it, not the concept itself! If you look at the details of this bill

H.AMDT.356 to HR 2587: An amendment to prohibit any funding for the joint adoption of a child between individuals who are not related by blood or marriage.

As you see, Ron Paul is completely against the federal government funding and regulating (key words) an issue such as this. The nature of this bill also forbids federal funding of a man and his girlfriend for adopting a child, does this mean that Ron Paul is against living together before marriage?

The constitution dictates that matters like this should be left to the states anyways, which is why he votes as such.

word

Also, he was against sending aid to the victims of Katrina.His reasoning was blame the victim.

Bullshit, he'd never have such a cold heart. His problem with the Katrina response was that pretty much all the money was donated to FEMA, because he thought they'd just fuck things up and the money would not get used for what it was supposed to.... and he was right.

However, Paul goes further and also opposes the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory power. One of the arguments that drug-legalization supporters most often make is that by making drugs legal we could make those drugs safer through regulation. But Paul's legalization policy completely dismisses the importance of drug safety.Paul is right about one thing, the FDA is an ineffective organization, but the answer is not to further strip FDA regulatory power, which Paul has attempted to do while in Congress. The FDA is ineffective because it lacks funding and public support, and has all too often buckled under pressure from large pharmaceutical corporations. Ending the rubber-stamp policies at the FDA starts by increasing their capacity to give people useful and scientific public health information. Why would we want to dismiss the importance of an organization charged with testing food and drug safety? When public servants, not political appointees, ran the FDA it was an effective organization.

Didn't you just say that ending the war on drugs would make sense because of the billions of dollars wasted?

Dude, NO federal government agency is more effective with more funding and support. Im willing to bet you couldn't name more than a dozen federal agencies off the top of your head, and look how many there are!

The last thing any federal agency needs is more funding and control. Besides, with regards to things such as dietary supplements, why should the FDA tell you what you can or cannot put in your body? The scientific information is there, it should be up to people and the manufacturers of the supplments to receive. How long till the FDA says we can't take creatine? There should be limited regulations with regards to food safety and processing and so on, but if I want to take something like ephedra, fuck the government telling me not to.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your main points here seem to be dr paul's view on homosexuals. even though your right that this is somewhat contradictory to his other views,

Wrong.

Yeah, the drug legalization is probably the only one which could be considered extreme, but the current policy is just a disaster. There is NO doubt legalizing drugs would put the gangs/terrorist groups out of business overnight though.

Ron Paul > everyone else alive.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Regardless about any nitpicking... Ron Paul completely SMOKES every other candidate with regards to the economy, especially the value of the dollar. Not one other candidate is in the same ballpark with regards to his knowledge of economics, which is self taught, making it the more impressive. America is in bad shape, and don't blame me, I voted Ron Paul.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave, i watched everyone of those vids....wow. you have really opened my eyes to what Dr Paul stands for. i really wish to learn more about him. thank you for these vids and the info you give us here. keep it coming man.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave, i watched everyone of those vids....wow. you have really opened my eyes to what Dr Paul stands for. i really wish to learn more about him. thank you for these vids and the info you give us here. keep it coming man.

Wait a minute weren't you giving me a hard time for supporting Ron Paul! :hmmm:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wait a minute weren't you giving me a hard time for supporting Ron Paul! :hmmm:

i gave you a hard time for voting for someone who has no chance of winning, not because you voted for Ron Paul or because you supported him. my stance was, if your gonna vote, cast a vote for who you think is the least evil of the available candidates and has a realistic shot at winning. admittedly i did not know very much about Dr Paul though when i told you that.

R

rick ramirezsublime

I commend you all for your lucidity, and your points are all valid. Just would like to say that a discussion on politics doesn't have to be vile, and filled with hatred. I for 1 am glad to be here with such urbane characters. Yes Dr. Paul smokes all the rep. candidates out of the water, this I concede. Just listing some of his views I just don't agree on. But, there is much I do agree with like his calling GWB on his fake war in Iraq. This is my main concern to
day!

About his stance on gays. We as Americans have to stand up for our fellow americans no matter race, creed, sexual orientation. Because if we allow any 1 to be discriminted against WHO is next. ME, YOU. ( I had that same feeling, thank goodness we didn't sink to that level)! About, not letting same sex couples addopt. Now, me I consider myself an altruist. So, My main concern lies solely with the unwanted children of this country, it is better than not being loved at all. Yes, the constitution leaves this up to the states, so i don't believe any politician in any way should even mention this!

And yes my friend i can name a dozen gov. agencies. And, there all being headed by corrupt politicians!
As you can probably see, I am not a conservative, now there's an oxymoron for you! To quote Will Rodgers, "I belong to no organized political party, there for i am a Democrat".

One thing i know we can agree on. We need to make a drastic change in this country, These past 8 years have been a disaster, we need a new direction, we are at a cross roads, continue the failed policies of the Reps. Admin., or head in another direction? :ranter:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
i gave you a hard time for voting for someone who has no chance of winning, not because you voted for Ron Paul or because you supported him. my stance was, if your gonna vote, cast a vote for who you think is the least evil of the available candidates and has a realistic shot at winning. admittedly i did not know very much about Dr Paul though when i told you that.
it's always funny to hear people say they won't vote for Ron Paul because he has no shot at winning.

He's served 10 terms in congress, so obviously there are people in Texas who feel he is worthy of being elected to the Texas in the House of Representatives. That may not seem like a big deal compared to the Presidential Election, but getting elected to congress is no simple task for a man with Libertarian views....so give him some credit.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I commend you all for your lucidity, and your points are all valid. Just would like to say that a discussion on politics doesn't have to be vile, and filled with hatred. I for 1 am glad to be here with such urbane characters. Yes Dr. Paul smokes all the rep. candidates out of the water, this I concede. Just listing some of his views I just don't agree on. But, there is much I do agree with like his calling GWB on his fake war in Iraq. This is my main concern today!

No problem dude, the only thing in your post I took exception to was suggesting that he blamed the victims of Katrina, everything else was merely a misconception I had to clarify :Xyxthumbs:

About his stance on gays. We as Americans have to stand up for our fellow americans no matter race, creed, sexual orientation. Because if we allow any 1 to be discriminted against WHO is next. ME, YOU. ( I had that same feeling, thank goodness we didn't sink to that level)! About, not letting same sex couples addopt. Now, me I consider myself an altruist. So, My main concern lies solely with the unwanted children of this country, it is better than not being loved at all. Yes, the constitution leaves this up to the states, so i don't believe any politician in any way should even mention this!

I'd agree, Ron Paul isn't opposed to it either, as far as banning it. He might personally not support it, but he'd never vote to forbid it in a million years. Whats the problem with that?

And yes my friend i can name a dozen gov. agencies. And, there all being headed by corrupt politicians!
As you can probably see, I am not a conservative, now there's an oxymoron for you! To quote Will Rodgers, "I belong to no organized political party, there for i am a Democrat".

One thing i know we can agree on. We need to make a drastic change in this country, These past 8 years have been a disaster, we need a new direction, we are at a cross roads, continue the failed policies of the Reps. Admin., or head in another direction? :ranter:

We agree on that for sure. But are you saying you are a deomcrat? Who do you support in 08? The current democratic party is worse as far as government bureaucracies

The current "conservatives" are literally anything but, thats why they're called the neo-cons (neo meaning "new", cons meaning conservative, but also they're pretty much a bunch of con-men). Again, here's Ron talking about the current crop of Republicans.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now it is obvious what is wrong with rick ramirezsublime, he is a Democrat :ugh:
:keke: jk

I am still voting for Ron Paul in the general election regardless, if you seriously think the Democrats are going to point this country in a different direction or change anything other than increase taxes and further increase government spending ... I have a bridge to sell you.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you seriously think the Democrats are going to point this country in a different direction or change anything other than increase taxes and further increase government spending ... I have a bridge to sell you.

This one? It's a bit of a fixer-upper I suppose, but the potential is there.

R

rick ramirezsublime

:ranter:lol'd you guy's are funny!:keke: IS, that bridge collapsed due to the lack of funding for our infrastructure due to this countrys involvement in Iraq! I am just hoping that a Dem. can correct what this dunderhead has put this country through! I am not just For the rights of the wealthy, I am a egalitarian basic rights for everyone. It is a proven fact that these are not the beliefs of the
Rep. party!
Now, saying that i, also believe that there should be a third party. Cause this 2 party shiite just is not cutting it! I am big enough to admit that when a president is doing the best thing for for his country and it's citizens, no
matter what his political affiliation, i will give him the due he deserves. Now, this man who only wants the best for his party i will debase any chance i get. He swore on the constitution to protect this country from all enemies foreign and domestic. meanwhile this man is the biggest enemy to this country! He is a war criminal, a murderer, and a treasonist (outting a covert CIA agent).
To compare DR. Paul to this man, just because he is conservative would be like comparing apples to hand grenades. I'm just saying that he is more republican than he would like us to believe. EX. yes, he voted "NO" to sending Fed. aid to the Katrina survivors That is on record. He also casted a "NO" vote on speeding up approval for forrest thinning projects. He also, scored a 5%by the league of conservative voters on the Environment all this is on record.
And lastly, yes i am a Dem. History will speak for me on this. This country has made the most progress under a dem. Now, i know some die hards out there will say this is not true! They will say Ronald Reagen was the best pres. But they don't know of what they speak. He was just as big a crook as this guy! only, he had people around him that were smart enough to lie, and shield what he was doing. Remember the Iran Contra affair. Also, who gave Hussein those chemical weapons to use on the kurds. Also, who was responsible for training the muja haiden when they were fighting the soviet union in Afghanistan in the 80's. And, who was the leader of the muja haiden. Osama Bin Laden! But conveniently that is not mentioned by the press why. Cause they all kiss the ring of the Reps.
I know you & I want what is best for this country, we agree it aint a republican. this, i will commend you on!
I will support whomever gets the Dem. nomination, this is looking like Obama as of last night. As i said before this country needs a change of direction! Will he lead this country the way we need to be led? Will he do a better job than this inarticulate fool we have now? You bet.