El Freako
LIFT OR DIE
VIP
- Joined
- Nov 12, 2006
- Messages
- 8,129
- Points
- 63
Dumbest exercise ever?


Last edited by a moderator:
Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

Not the one I was searching for, but gives you the idea.Hater said:stupid.. I'd love to see how he got on the ball and the bar on his back.

I can guarantee you that the amount of muscles this guy is recruiting is substantial. A very difficult exercise that displays incredible stability throughout the trunk. Stupid? I dont think so![]()
^^ A difficult feat none the less and a great display of control. I used that exact same study for a journal review this last semester. It is my favorite place to get info.
Here is my question...Do you think that a squat with 135 in an unstable environment recruits more muscle as a whole than 135 in a stable environment for the same amount of reps?
^^ Agreed. I dont ever do this type of training because it is not specific to my goals. Stability training is really the base of the NASM principles. When I got my NASM cert is when I was really opened up to stuff like this. While muscles recruitment in the quadriceps and glutes isnt going to be as high, there are many "go" muscles involved in the movement. One of the ideas behind it is that the more muscles you can get involved in a movement, the more calories you burn and the more efficient you become in the gym. This does not necessarily apply to the example above but to more basic stability training in general.
I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.