• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Dumbest exercise ever?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
^^ haha I am sure that this guy isnt doing the exercise in hopes of massive quads.
 
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,389
Points
38
i actually luled myself..like..damn..there are actually those two types of people in the world haha
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Not to say that that doesnt work obviously, but with many exercises one can find benefits from incorporating stability. Like IS said, having a 40 year old, overweight, female client do bicep curls on a bosu rather than a flat surface can be more beneficial. I never use much instability in regards to a squat. If somebody can squat a lot of weight right, just do the damn thing.
Valid point but probably poor example. While older people do need improved balance and proprioception it isn't the best idea to have them do balance exercises. The main reason for the lack of balance and proprioception is the lack of strength. Get them to perform a normal exercise with good form and they will be better off. Which brings us back to all of our point about lifting heavy stuff.

Now in a rehab setting or with imbalances, etc then the point is valid. For average gym goer and athlete probably pointless. But if you can't lift heavy for whatever reason (e.g. I've just done my hammys and can't squat heavy) then lighter stuff that is still recruiting all those muscles and requires balance and skill will have a place.
 
F

fitmod066

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
122
Points
16
Come on people the old pros never did this fruity shit. Arnold, Haney, Dorian all did heavy basic free weight exercises, ate, slept. All u need. Live by one motto. Keep it simple stupid. This is a bodybuilding website not a personal training convention.
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
This is another stupid exercise, ive actualy seen people do Squats on the standing calve raise machine at 1/2 rep range lol...
 
skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
493
Points
16
elephantbalance-1.jpg
 
FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Messages
475
Points
16
Guys, just look at the position of his ankles...totally unnatural,wrong and dangerous.
 
akita

akita

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
150
Points
18
This shit could be very dangerous,i would never allow my clients to do it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
156
Points
16
Hmmmm.....picture the newspaper headline: " Man goes through floor while squatting on exercise ball. Now wears nuts as earrings." I understand all the benefits of doing simple exercises on these contraptions. I still think that this is dangerous given the fact that I have seen these things pop and it is not fun for the poor fool who is on it when it happens. Hard not to laugh,but scary nevertheless.
 
Cookie monster

Cookie monster

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
105
Points
18
found this video. Thought it represents the exercise as you see in the pic. Fucking stupid if you ask me lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ That's the one I was looking for before. Good find.

Every time I look at any of these fitball exercises I think "Why would you bother?"
 
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,235
Points
38
I think proprioceptive training is very important but there's a difference between training this in a smart manner versus a stupid manner. Doing something like what this guy in the picture/videos is doing is just plain stupid. I think using PB Discs is very important for proprioception but should never be done with weight.

I say this is important because athletes typically are never on a flat playing surface and/or their ankle is typically not in the neutral position. So, while proprioceptive training is important there's a smart and stupid way to go about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ agree

That guy in the vid has some good balance!
 
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
2,903
Points
38
dude: "hey, I can squat 135 while standing on a fitball."
other dude: "lmao, I can squat 500 pounds for 10 on the floor biyatch!"
dude: "yea, but look at my sweet balance and my wingman personal trainer"!
other dude: "yea, but look at your fucking quads"

haha nice one Will:xyxthumbs:
 
Top