• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eating on time

R

remnant

Banned
Its imperative that one takes a heavy or indulgent meal in the morning and then taper off towards smaller more nutritious meals during lunch and supper. Its advisable to stay hydrated by drinking small amounts of water spread out throughout the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Its imperative that one takes a heavy or indulgent meal in the morning and then taper off towards smaller more nutritious meals during lunch and supper. Its advisable to stay hydrated by drinking small amounts of water spread out throughout the day.

- - - Updated - - -

P

Pharmacom

Smaller meals good for ur stomach coz it will not grow

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Definitely more important what rather than when but in a perfect situation, hit the carbs before and after training.

R

rz3300

Banned
Avoiding the carbs and the rice and bread is a good start, but you are correct in that it is more than that when you have to think about the timing. These are usually the things that I grab in a hurry, so it makes planning that much more important.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

In my opinion each person has his own body clock for eating. I for one eats breakfast at 6AM and I don't eat lunch, I just take a snack at about 3-4PM and eat dinner at 7-8PM and a midnight snack at about 1-2AM. Skipping a meal like lunch helps me to flatten my stomach. I've been doing this for 2 years now and I've lost 40lbs since then. Now I'm maintaining my weight at about 180 pounds but my ideal is St 175 pounds.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I agree with this. What I did was, I created a regular meal schedule for myself, and I do my very best to stick with it. I have this habit of carrying bite-sized snacks if ever a particular task intervenes with my meal time. Bringing a healthy snack with you at all times, like an apple, is a great way to ward off hunger like when traveling.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One way to get your mind off food, would be to eat more often, but go for smaller amounts of food - if you are always hungry all the time, you can just eat 3 mini meals, and have snacks in between.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One way to get your mind off food, would be to eat more often, but go for smaller amounts of food - if you are always hungry all the time, you can just eat 3 mini meals, and have snacks in between.

For those with issues with their stomach like gastritis or even ulcer, the prescription is to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. It's like you have to eat every 3 hours and the gap between eating should not exceed 4 hours so that the acid will not be capable of building up. For those who are on a diet the small meals can be smaller or augmented with crackers.

J

jpk0007

Well, i think that its always advisable to increase the amount of small meals distribuuted throughout the day with an interval of around four hours. Taking morning breakfast which is healthy is very essential every morning. From my own experience i find that having late dinners is not very good for youyr health.I try to avoid eating my dinner after 7:30 pm in the evening. Drinking a lot of water is also very necessary to every day to keep yourself healthy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously, no good can come from eating very late deep in the dead of the night. It's not a healthy feeding habit because the food itself can never digest well. Research have proved over the years that eating late night meals causes serious obesity if care is not taken.

It's far more better and healthy wise to have one's night meal at least as early as possible say around 7pm or 8pm latest. At least between 7pm to 10pm before one goes to bed, the food most likely will be well digested.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Our body can sense hunger whenever the level of ghrelin, a hunger hormone decreases. Our body is adaptable and we can alter our eating schedule. But it does not affect our health. It will not lead to muscle growth or any health benefits. Just eat whenever your stomach grumbles and satiate it. But if you desire to lose weight, eat a sufficient amount that can satisfy your hungry gut.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Our body can sense hunger whenever the level of ghrelin, a hunger hormone decreases. Our body is adaptable and we can alter our eating schedule. But it does not affect our health. It will not lead to muscle growth or any health benefits. Just eat whenever your stomach grumbles and satiate it. But if you desire to lose weight, eat a sufficient amount that can satisfy your hungry gut.

Personally, I have seen some people who feel hungry almost immediately when they wake up in the morning. There was this cousin of mind who came to spend holiday one time with me and he wakes up around 6am to start preparing breakfast and once the meal is done, he is eating almost immediately. I have seen him eat his morning breakfast by 6:50am in the morning and I kept wondering how manage his appittite is so wired to feel that hungry very early in the morning.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Depends on what type of diet do you wish to maintain! But yes, overall it's very important!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I eat two times a day only. I eat my breakfast and lunch. I don't have a right time for both of it. As long as I eat twice a day is already good for me.