• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Eclipse - Pumping on the Prarie

E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Ironworks Gym - Recovery, upper body
We had audit at work so i had to come in, which sucked big time. I had time to go training afterwards though. My training buddies was both down there.

Wide Grip Pull downs
10 x 100 lb
10 x 150 lb
8 x 200 lb
8 x 200 lb
8 x 200 lb

T-bar rows
10 x 90 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb

Benchpress
10 x 45 lb
10 x 45 lb
5 x 45 lb + chains
5 x 135 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
5 x 185 lb + chains
Steve wanted to do chains, so i filled in.

Board press
3 x 315 lb
3 x 315 lb
3 x 315 lb
3 x 315 lb
All to 4'' board with pinky grip.

Dips
8
8
8
8

Laterals
10 x 10 lb
10 x 10 lb
10 x 20 lb
10 x 20 lb
10 x 20 lb

Concentration curls
10 x 20 lb
8 x 30 lb
8 x 30 lb

Barbel curls
8 x 45 lb
8 x 95 lb
8 x 115 lb
8 x 115 lb
8 x 115 lb

Side bends
10
10
10
10
Medium kettlebelt

Light training today without any lifts to speak of. Im starting creatine today. OMG teh swoleness :coolguy:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Looks awesome man! welcome to the logs! stats?
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Thanks buddy. 34 years old, live in Saskatoon, saskatchewan, Canade. Have been training 11 years with weights only. Used to be competition swimmer. Currently 237 lb. Lean muscle of cause :methman:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice man! keep up the good work!
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Ironworks Gym - Lower body
Training with steve and chris. It was only minus 20 degrees today. Pretty mild compared to the minus 40 yesteday.

Squat
10 x 45 lb
10 x 45 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 225 lb
10 x 225 lb
10 x 225 lb
10 x 225 lb
10 x 225 lb
10 x 225 lb
One extra plate compared to last time. Still awfull light, but i have promissed not to advance to fast during my recovery. One more plate next time.

Box Squat - Safety bar
5 x 150 lb
5 x 211 lb
5 x 211 lb
5 x 211 lb
Below parallel.

Stiff leg deadlift
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
10 x 135 lb
Just symbolic weight.

Leg curls
10 x 65 lb
10 x 95 lb
10 x 95 lb
10 x 95 lb

Hanging leg raises
10
10
10
10
10
Chris and steve had fun with some gravity boots. I passed and did some abs in the meanwhile.

Seated calf press
10 x 90 lb
10 x 90 lb
10 x 90 lb
10 x 90 lb

superset with

Calf press in leg press
15 x 100 lb
15 x 100 lb
15 x 100 lb
15 x 100 lb
teh pump

1 liter milk during the session and a gainershake afterwards.

The bodyweight was 243 lb with shoes on.

Again a light session without any highlights. My recovery training is going well and no complications whatsoever. Next training will be wednesday for some upperbody work. Slightly heavier than last time.
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Holy shit another new log!!! Yes I love this shit.

Nice lower body work man Glad to see you did clafs as well eople usually pass even musclemeccians....... I traing them on thier own day lol.
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Holy shit another new log!!! Yes I love this shit.

Nice lower body work man Glad to see you did clafs as well eople usually pass even musclemeccians....... I traing them on thier own day lol.
Thanks i hope to deliver some interesting training once im up to speed again :imcoolurnot:

I never neglect calftraining. Having killer thighs and a drumstick for a calf looks stupid. So at least once a week.
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Ironworks Gym - Upper body work
Training with Steve and Chris

Benchpress
10 x 45 lb
10 x 45 lb
10 x 135 lb
5 x 225 lb
5 x 275 lb
5 x 315 lb
5 x 315 lb
5 x 315 lb
5 x 315 lb
Somewhat heavyer than last time. I will soon be up to speed. Next week i will bench in a loose shirt.

Boardpress pinky grip
3 x 315 lb - 2'' board
3 x 355 lb - 2'' board
3 x 365 lb - 2'' board

Tricep Extentions Elbows in
10 x 30 lb
10 x 35 lb
10 x 35 lb
10 x 35 lb

GM Presses
8 x 90 lb
8 x 90 lb
8 x 90 lb
8 x 90 lb

Close Grip pull downs
10 x 110 lb
10 x 160 lb
8 x 200 lb
8 x 180 lb
8 x 180 lb

Shrugs
8 x 225 lb
8 x 315 lb
8 x 315 lb
8 x 315 lb

Crunches
20
20
20

1 liter milk during the session and a gainershake afterwards. After training weight 243 lb with shoes on.

Training was better with a little more load on. From monday i have planned a 4 week WSB progression. I will be carefull about heavy squats and deadlifts in the beginning, but else i will pretty much hit it hard :techn9ne:
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Nice looking log mate, and good weights too.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Loose shirt did you use a bench shirt on those? BB presses?
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Loose shirt did you use a bench shirt on those? BB presses?
No i did not. Those were raw lifts. I will put a note on if and when i train in equipment. Then plan is wednesday next week for the loose shirt.
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Ironworks Gym - Beachwork
Short and light session alone for the glory muscles.

Calf press in leg press
12 x 6 plates
12 x 10 plates
12 x 10 plates
12 x 10 plates
12 x 10 plates

Standing calf raises
12 x 400 lb
12 x 400 lb
12 x 400 lb
12 x 400 lb

Lateral raises
10 x 10 lb
10 x 10 lb
10 x 20 lb
10 x 20 lb
10 x 25 lb
10 x 25 lb
10 x 25 lb
strickt and very light

Rotator cuff
10 x 10 lb
10 x 10 lb
10 x 10 lb
10 x 10 lb

Babel curls
10 x 45 lb
10 x 45 lb
8 x 95 lb
8 x 95 lb
6 x 115 lb
6 x 115 lb
6 x 115 lb

Concentration curls
8 x 25 lb
8 x 25 lb
8 x 25 lb
8 x 25 lb

1 powerrade during the session

Tanning 15 minuttes :gaygay:

A short and light session for the esthetics. Rotator treatment is important however. Deadlift and lower body work tommorow
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
ROFL Tanning, nice work on the calf excersise man.
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Ironworks Gym - Lower body
Training with chris and Steve. Yesterday the scale said 240 lb bare naked. I thought that i would try out my new super centurion 40'' just to get in it and stretch it a little. I had blocked out the legs and after a little work i was in it. It is supertight, and will be a good new squatsuit for me to use. It is hard to tell the difference from the centurion super plus except for the reinforcements in the straps.

Deadlift
5 x 135 lb
5 x 135 lb
5 x 225 lb
5 x 315 lb
5 x 405 lb - off 1 bumberplate
5 x 405 lb - off 1 bumberplate
5 x 405 lb - off 1 bumberplate
5 x 405 lb - off 1 bumberplate
5 x 405 lb - off 1 bumberplate

Squat
8 x 135 lb
8 x 225 lb
8 x 315 lb
8 x 315 lb
8 x 315 lb
8 x 315 lb

Leg curls
8 x 85 lb
8 x 105 lb
8 x 115 lb
8 x 115 lb
8 x 115 lb

Hypers
10 x bodyweight
10 x bodyweight
10 x bodyweight + 25 lb
10 x bodyweight + 25 lb

Hanging leg raises
10
10
10
10

1 x gravety boots :coolguy:

I light training once again although i have put on a little more weight. Keeping the rep range high means that i can actually feel that i have trained which is good. Dynamic bencing tommorow and on monday we get started on the new WSB schedule.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Since I see that you're using equipment, are you planning on competing? Interesting jump from swimming to powerlifting. :p

Nice numbers on the deads btw.
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Since I see that you're using equipment, are you planning on competing? Interesting jump from swimming to powerlifting. :p

Nice numbers on the deads btw.
I didnt use equipment today.

I just chose to jump into my new squat suit to stretch it a little bit and then take it off. Usually i am 5 lb heavier or so and that makes a big difference and make it harder to jump in, so i thought that i might as well do it now and just walk around in it a little bit.

I compete in IPF powerlifting yes, in the 242 lb weight class.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I didnt use equipment today.

I just chose to jump into my new squat suit to stretch it a little bit and then take it off. Usually i am 5 lb heavier or so and that makes a big difference and make it harder to jump in, so i thought that i might as well do it now and just walk around in it a little bit.

I compete in IPF powerlifting yes, in the 242 lb weight class.

Cool, I was curious because you hadn't mentioned the powerlifting, only swimming. I've just recently turned my focus to powerlifting, I did a few Smolov cycles last year and now I'm on my first week of a Westside template. I see you've added "sheiko" as a tag. Had much success with it?

What are your best comp lifts if you don't mind me asking?
 
E

Eclipse

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
107
Points
16
Cool, I was curious because you hadn't mentioned the powerlifting, only swimming. I've just recently turned my focus to powerlifting, I did a few Smolov cycles last year and now I'm on my first week of a Westside template. I see you've added "sheiko" as a tag. Had much success with it?

What are your best comp lifts if you don't mind me asking?
I like sheiko very much as a base raw programme especially sheiko 2. Also i had succes, ramping down on sheiko 1 and do some equipped lifts on the above 80% lifts.

Smolov in its original form is way too intense for me, there is no way i am going to do that. WSB programmes are good once the base is in place i find, also to get use to the equipment.

My best equipped and approved lifts are: 738 lb squat, 551 lb bench and 666 lb deadlift. Total of 1955 lb
 

Similar threads

AlphaLifter
Replies
2
Views
107
Sarah_lifts
Sarah_lifts
RockyBuilder
Replies
1
Views
149
LiftWithPurpose
LiftWithPurpose
William Bonac Feed
Replies
0
Views
283
William Bonac Feed
William Bonac Feed
William Bonac Feed
Replies
0
Views
186
William Bonac Feed
William Bonac Feed
Top