• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn those speed deads and alt grip deads sure look like a killer..
and congrats on all the hard work, and the volume will pay off !

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Upper DE Session

Speed Bench Press
8 x 3 x 85kg

Floor Dumbell Extensions
8 x 20kg
8 x 20kg
7 x 20kg
4 x 20kg
4 x 20kg
This exercise is brutal to your tris, its fucking awesome!

Bent BB Rows
4 x 6 x 100kg

Supersets
A1. DB Press
12 x 30kg
12 x 35kg
8 x 40kg
I brought the weight down as deep as I could go so that I really had to work my chest to push it back up.

WG Pullups
8 x bw
6 x bw
6 x bw
Grip totally gave out.

B1. Y-T-W Complex
3 x 10 x 2.5kg

B2. Internal Cable Rotations
12 x 6.25kg
2 x 12 x 8.75kg
I think I've diagnosed my shoulder problem, the pain occurs on the internal rotation of my shoulder joint so I think warming up and down with this exercise might help.

Great 45min session!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm changing the split to allow for rest between ME days.

Mon - Lower ME
Tue - Upper DE
Wed - Off
Thu - Lower DE
Fri - Upper ME

I think this is my preferred arrangement although this could change come tomorrow.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is there any possible way you could train on Saturdays? Even if it's just 30 minutes or so?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I do alternating evening/night shifts and every second week my whole Saturday is a right off. Also because of my shifts its the only chance I get to spend time with my wife so weekends are out.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do alternating evening/night shifts and every second week my whole Saturday is a right off. Also because of my shifts its the only chance I get to spend time with my wife so weekends are out.

Alright, WSBB may not be the best for you to be honest. I just think that squeezing all of that work within 5 days is asking for a lot from your body. I know a lot of people think this program or that program is the answer; but, it's not. Going heavy on basic movements, constantly perfecting form and working on your weakness will improve your lifts. I think that something like this would be better:

Monday (ME Lower)
Max Effort Squat - box squat variation (as you pyramid up to your max weight use these sets as your speed work)
Max Effort Deadlift - deadlift or rack pull variation or goodmornings
Assistance Core
Assistance Upper Back
Assistance Lower Body (posterior chain movement)
GPP

You can change height of the ME movements, add chains, use different bars, change reps, etc...as long as something is changing each week.

Wednesday (ME Upper)
Max Effort Bench (any bench variation...as with the ME squats you can incorporate speed work as you pyramid up)
Assistance Triceps
Assistance Upper Back
Assistance Upper Back
Assistance Core

Friday (Accessory Day)
Start off with a speed pull with a deficit or do deep good mornings focusing on speed. I know that's a little different but good mornings are great for speed because the nature of the movement carries over to the squat and the deadlift.

Assistance Lower - posterior chain
Assistance Bench (DB presses, board presses, w/e...just do higher reps and don't get crazy with intensity.)
Assistance Triceps
Assistance Upper Back
Assistance Core
GPP

I know doing a ME squat and deadlift variation on Monday's may seem like a bit much. But, you don't have to kill yourself on both and, again, you can do reps of 1-5 pyramiding up or do several sets of x amount of reps with a given weight. I think this program would better suit your needs and your schedule. I've just given an example, you obviously don't have to follow it to a T, but, as I said, it may suit you better.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Alright, WSBB may not be the best for you to be honest. I just think that squeezing all of that work within 5 days is asking for a lot from your body.

I think I'll stick with the 4-day split for the moment. I'm getting at least 2 days recovery between ME and DE days which should be sufficient. My body is pretty used to heavy and frequent work and I am good at reading how I feel and knowing when to deload a bit. I'm tough, don't worry. :p

I'm glad you keep looking in, you seem to know what you're talking about. Do you do Westside at the moment? Have you had any experience with other templates such as Smolov or Sheiko?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice work Freako. I'm anxious to see how this template works out for you. I havent tried speed deads or deads with bands personally, how do they feel to you?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Great stuff Freako !

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lower ME session

Good Mornings
3 x 85kg
3 x 95kg
3 x 105kg
1 x 125kg
1 x 145kg
1 x 155kg
Really felt these last ones in my glutes.

DB Split Squats
4 x 5 x 80kg
More glute hammering.

Superset
A1. Standing Cable Crunches
15 x stack + 10kg
12 x stack + 10kg
8 x stack + 10kg

A2. Weighted Knee Raises
15 x 15kg
11 x 15kg
10 x 15kg

Ezybar Curls
8 x 50kg (normal grip)
8 x 50kg (close grip)
8 x 50kg (normal grip)
6 x 50kg (close grip)

Cardio: 25mins mixed cardio.

Good session. I decided to forgo specific grip training until after my upper-back work tomorrow.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong ass goodmornings man! solid session all around!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great workout man, I gotta do some of those good mornings.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Cheers fellas!

Upper DE Session

Speed Bench
8 x 3 x 90kg
I strained my left tricep in the first couple of sets due to poor form. I was dropping the bar down really fast then jolting it back up again. Silly cunt I am. Did the rest of the sets with a slower eccentric movement and a pause on the chest.

Super-wide Grip Bench
6 x 90kg
4 x 5 x 110kg
I did this to take the strain off my sore tri but in the end I passed the pain onto my left shoulder because it was compensating for my sore tri. :doh:

Rope Cable Pushdowns
15 x 60kg
12 x 60kg
12 x 60kg
I used the rope so that it would take some of the pressure off my strained long head. Don't read into the weight too much, the numbers on that machine are bullshit.

Hammerstrength Iso-lateral Supported Row
5 x 5 x 150kg
This felt good.

DB Shrugs
8 x 50kg
7 x 50kg
10 x 50kg
10 x 50kg
I manned up my grip for those last 2 sets. :D

Y-T-W Complex
3 x 10 x 2.5kg
This is starting to feel too easy, I swap to a different prehab exercise next week.

Internal Cable Rotations
3 x 12 x 15kg
Again the weight was bullshit. My shoulder felt ok doing these.

20mins cardio.

A good session overall despite the pain in my tri and shoulder. It was a learning experience at least.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session freako , btw that avi is awesome.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The wide grip shouldn't be too wide. Take your usual grip and then go one inch wider (at most) for the "wide" grip. I'm actually not a fan of the wide grip anymore, to be honest...

You can add weight to the Y,T,W or use a 2 second pause at the top. I'd at least say to keep doing the W portion of the movement once your upper back is strong and stable. THere's actually a video of George Halbert doing the W portion (with some momentum and no pausing) but he's using, what looks like, 20-30lb DB's. Just saying that you can really build the weight up on an exercise like this once the right muscles are doing their job.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The wide grip shouldn't be too wide. Take your usual grip and then go one inch wider (at most) for the "wide" grip. I'm actually not a fan of the wide grip anymore, to be honest...

You can add weight to the Y,T,W or use a 2 second pause at the top. I'd at least say to keep doing the W portion of the movement once your upper back is strong and stable. THere's actually a video of George Halbert doing the W portion (with some momentum and no pausing) but he's using, what looks like, 20-30lb DB's. Just saying that you can really build the weight up on an exercise like this once the right muscles are doing their job.

I enjoy wide grip because that's how I used to bench until recently. I also think its good for training the lift just off the chest.

I'll give the Y-T-W a try with heavier weights next week then. I was hesitant to originally because the EFS article I read on them said to stick to the lowest weight possible.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll give the Y-T-W a try with heavier weights next week then. I was hesitant to originally because the EFS article I read on them said to stick to the lowest weight possible.

As long as you feel the movement in your upper back and you're able to retract and depress the scapula then you can go ahead and go a little heavier. When it comes to pausing for two seconds I doubt you can get past 5lb DB's but if you're able to do the movement properly than you can pause for 1 second and then eventually stop pausing.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Session 1
Good damn! Really felt those good mornings eh ?:rofl3: I dont think I would feel much of anything after that bro :D
Doing a faceplant with +100kg doesn't sound that great :49:

Session 2
Sweet stuff even though you had problems..I hope its nothing bad :xyxthumbs:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Today: Biceps and cardio

Heath Curls
3 x 12 x 17.5kg

Machine Preacher Curls
10 x 30kg
2 x 12 x 25kg
Just did some high rep work for the bi's (12 reps is very high for me :p). I'm gonna hit them 3 times a week for 3 weeks for the hell of it. See if anything happens. I'm varying the rep range for each day, medium/high/low.

30mins cardio.