• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Great workout mate! Your back is a pussy though :keke: tell it to stop whinging.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Well this week has been an epic fail. After straining my back on Monday and then compounding the problem with an over-eager snowman building escapade, I then came down with a flu bug and diarrhoea simultaneously. I'm feeling mostly better now but tomorrow is a right off still because my wife and I are celebrating 10 years together with a fancy Japanese dinner, lots of booze and then home to molest the hell out of each other. :borat:

Hopefully next week will turn out better.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude... then you know what to do.. go south. :borat:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That sucks man..get well soon.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Happy 10 to you & yours.
Get well

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm back to the gym tomorrow, thank fuck.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Adding to TJ's comments; if you are trying to pull a max single then don't keep going on overhand grip until you can't pull the next one. So the 160kg should have been the first mixed grip set. This will give you a bit less fatigue in the hands to pull a max.

General training though you wouldn't be pulling a max single so you can just keep accumulating the heaviest sets possible in a method. For example a great progression is cleans, then SLDL, then deadlifts, then rack pulls. Or Overhead squat, lunge, Front squat, back squat, box squat.

And a 200kg pull is fantastic!!! Next stop 220kg!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Adding to TJ's comments; if you are trying to pull a max single then don't keep going on overhand grip until you can't pull the next one. So the 160kg should have been the first mixed grip set. This will give you a bit less fatigue in the hands to pull a max.

If forgot to mention it in my log but I thought the exact same thing. Pulling with overhand until my grip gave out was a total mistake.

General training though you wouldn't be pulling a max single so you can just keep accumulating the heaviest sets possible in a method. For example a great progression is cleans, then SLDL, then deadlifts, then rack pulls. Or Overhead squat, lunge, Front squat, back squat, box squat.

I think I mentioned earlier that I'm going to cycle platform deads, box squats and good mornings as my lower ME exercises for a while. And Mix the bench grips up for my upper ME. On upper I need the drive off the chest so a lot of "illegal" wide-grip and DB pressing is recommended. I would also do rack pressing but it hurts my shoulder too much.

And a 200kg pull is fantastic!!! Next stop 220kg!!

I am so close to getting that 220kg that it isn't funny anymore. I know I have it in me I just need to get my grip sorted.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lower ME

Box Squats
5 x 100kg
3 x 140kg
3 x 160kg
3 x 170kg
I was going to hit the 170kg for 3x3 but after the first set I decided against it. My back is still a bit tender from last week.

Cable Pull-Throughs
10 x 13.75kg
10 x 18.75kg
10 x 23.75kg
10 x 28.75kg
10 x 28.75kg

Standing Cable Crunches
12 x full stack + 26kg
10 x full stack + 26kg
15 x full stack + 26kg
I went and took a massive dump before the last set, I came back feeling rather refreshed as you can see.

After lunch...
35mins mixed cardio

Standing Calf Press
3 x 10 x 106kg

My back is still a bit sore and tight after straining it last week. I need to do a fair bit of stretching to loosen it up I think. On a positive note the box squats felt heavy but nowhere near my limit. On another positive note, I took my first solid shit in a week today. My guts are finally feeling better.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Looks good Freako :xyxthumbs:, I hope your back gets better so it wont hinder you. I going through the same....taking a dumb hurt at first, but mine was solid though :headbang:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
uber box squats there man!,
3x3 can weight, next time you'll go heavier!
those sets per each exercise is amazing too man!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Upper DE

Speed Bench
3 x 90kg (oops, too heavy)
7 x 3 x 80kg

DB Press
2 x 8 x 45kg
2 x 6 x 45kg
I wish we had heavier DBs at this gym, I much prefer doing 5x5 sets with my auxiliary exercise.

Skullcrushers
3 x 12 x 35kg

Came back at lunch...
Supported Machine Row
6 x 106kg
4 x 5 x 119kg

Supersets
A1. Rear Delt Fly
3 x 12 x 10kg

A2. WG Pullups
3 x 8 x bw

B1. YTW Complex
3 x 10 x 5kg
I doubled the weight for these. Ouchies!

B2. Internal Cable Rotations
3 x 12 x 8.75kg

Machine Preacher Curls
12 x 40kg
6 x 50kg
2 x 5 x 50kg

10mins cardio.

2 exhausting sessions. I've been out of breath all evening.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn you're about to break teh machines :bitenails:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I havent used this word in awhile freak but you deserved it, Awesomsauce.
Now let us go and feast on toddlers. :headbang: