• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Both, lol. Do your main lift and then just 2-4 assistance movements total.

If you have spare time then do some sort of "extra session." By that I don't mean train shoulders or do any heavy work but do something to give your weaknesses a little bit of work and to improve recovery. Extra sessions shouldn't hinder recovery but they should actually improve it. I'm sure there are some articles on elitefts regarding extra sessions.

EDIT: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/frustrated.htm

Scroll down to the "Fundamentals" portion of the article.

Understood. Not to worry though, it was just a one-off epic session because I had the time and had been off for 3 weeks. Normally I'd do my main lift, an accessory and 2-4 assistance (depending on time). I'm not sure whether to consider bicep and calf work as assistance. I do them mainly for bb'ing purposes and muscle balance. I probably don't always need to do 2 tri movements either but I like to do an extra set for bb'ing purposes again.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Understood. Not to worry though, it was just a one-off epic session because I had the time and had been off for 3 weeks. Normally I'd do my main lift, an accessory and 2-4 assistance (depending on time). I'm not sure whether to consider bicep and calf work as assistance. I do them mainly for bb'ing purposes and muscle balance. I probably don't always need to do 2 tri movements either but I like to do an extra set for bb'ing purposes again.

Sounds good; I forgot about the vacation. Thing is, doing calf and bicep work is still going to tax the CNS. So, just take that into consideration when doing assistance work. Looks like things are going well, though. How's the shoulder?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The shoulder's doing a lot better. It plays up occasionally when I sleep on it badly, or when I take my wife for some boxercise (the woman can punch!) but its holding up much better during pressing. I'm still not doing anything other than BTN overhead pressing though.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Off to the gym for some posterior chain rape.

GMs ftw!

Edit: after I do a heinous pre-workout power-dump. :omgwtf:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lower ME

Good Mornings
10 x bar
10 x 60kg
5 x 100kg
5 x 110kg
5 x 120kg
3 x 130kg
3 x 140kg
2 x 150kg
1 x 150kg
1 x 150kg
10 x 100kg
I was hoping to equal or beat my last PB (3x150kg) but didn't have it in me.

I invented a new game today called Squat Rape. Choose a weight, then do 5 sets of as many reps as you can.
Squat Rape
10 x 60kg
5 x 100kg
8 x 140kg
7 x 140kg
7 x 140kg
7 x 140kg
7 x 140kg
This is not a very fun game. I'm trying it with 150kg next time.

Superset
A1. Weighted Decline Crunches
20 x 20kg
15 x 20kg
13 x 20kg

A2. Straight Leg Raises
3 x 15 x bw

Standing Calf Raises
10 x 60kg
12 x 150kg
10 x 160kg
9 x 170kg
7 x 180kg
6 x 190kg
5 x 200kg

Cardio
25mins on the bike
5mins trying not to puke
1hr walking to the shops and then home

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BTN = Behind the neck?

If so, those are terrible for shoulders (anything behind the head for that matter). Good to hear things are better, though.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
BTN = Behind the neck?

If so, those are terrible for shoulders (anything behind the head for that matter). Good to hear things are better, though.

I know they're meant to be bad but they seem to be the only overhead press that doesn't aggravate my shoulder.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know they're meant to be bad but they seem to be the only overhead press that doesn't aggravate my shoulder.

Hmm, do you do any lat stretches? Also, what about that posterior shoulder stretch?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I do lat, chest and shoulder stretches fairly often.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session there Freako, GM's are looking good, and i dont think i will ever play squat rape...unless there are naked girls or money involved :keke:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do lat, chest and shoulder stretches fairly often.

The only reason I said that is since BTN presses tend to rotate the humorous a lot it may accomodate to a tight posterior shoulder and/or lat which is why they may feel a little less pain free. So, if your lats and/or posterior shoulder are tight your scaps may not be able to be stable when you bench. Either way, lay off BTN stuff. Military presses are okay but only if your shoulders are a weaknesses. Just make sure your constistently doing all of your stretches and keeping your scaps down and back.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The only reason I said that is since BTN presses tend to rotate the humorous a lot it may accomodate to a tight posterior shoulder and/or lat which is why they may feel a little less pain free. So, if your lats and/or posterior shoulder are tight your scaps may not be able to be stable when you bench. Either way, lay off BTN stuff. Military presses are okay but only if your shoulders are a weaknesses. Just make sure your constistently doing all of your stretches and keeping your scaps down and back.

Well I'm going to have to work something out to get my OH pressing back in order. I like having strong shoulders.

Edit: I can't sneeze without bringing tears to my eyes. Damn ab work!

raggamuffini

raggamuffini

Squat Rape looking good :thumbsup: And those GM's are just crazy!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Gonna try some Squat rape today.

keep working hard Freako!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great heavy workout man! i like the behind neck presses, i do them too. i already see a difference in my shoulders since i do them.