• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Frequency of Smolov Jr. Bench routines?

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So my workout partner and I just finished one of these routines. Great results for both, his better than mine :angrydude: He is ready to do another one (it was a month ago that we did it). My question is if there is an optimal time between cycles or does it matter? Can he expect the same/similar gains with a month of rest between? Thanks!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No
No

It is just a periodised scheme for lifting. Ideally you would be in a maintenance phase or be doing something completely different (like focussing on squatting instead). The more training experience you have the harder it is to progress.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo Depends on a lot of factores, like your diet, stress, trainings history etc. I agree with Tim the more advanced you the harder it gets to get results. Just do something different for a few weeks and restart your smolov cycle.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ agree with tim, do something else and then come back tho chest in 2 months or so at least

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
It is just a periodised scheme for lifting. Ideally you would be in a maintenance phase or be doing something completely different (like focussing on squatting instead). The more training experience you have the harder it is to progress.

What Tim said.

What have you been doing since you completed the cycle? Essentially you can complete a cycle, test a new RM then once you've deloaded for about a week or 2 you can jump right back into it. Just don't expect similar numbers the second time around, nor the third, fourth, etc.

Good luck with it!

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I'm not doing it. He jumped from 215 to 245 on bench. He's 17 years old 5'7 155. Kid is a monster. We completed the last cycle about a month ago and since then we have been doing a push/pull routine.