• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Front Double Bi - Phil or Dex?

Who is the winner in this pose?

  • Phil Heath

    Votes: 69 66.3%
  • Dexter Jackson

    Votes: 35 33.7%

  • Total voters
    104
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Ok lets settle this. Lanois thinks Dex beats Phil in the Front Double Bi, I think he is very wrong. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

IMG_1239-1.jpg
IMG_1252-1.jpg


Edit: excuse the typo on Phil's name with the "e" at the end of his name. I suck at typing on laptops :doh:
 
jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
499
Points
18
I think dexter overall in that picture looks better. I KNOW I KNOW Phil is more conditioned and his arms might be bigger. But something about Dex just seems more pleasing to the eye.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
I think dexter overall in that picture looks better. I KNOW I KNOW Phil is more conditioned and his arms might be bigger. But something about Dex just seems more pleasing to the eye.

Dex does look great. Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him beating Phil here. Ultimately, we will see what the judges think come Olympia time. Stoked to see what happens!
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
Obviously Phil appears a little more dry/lean here but I do prefer the structure on Dex here.... I am undecided.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Dex does look great. Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him beating Phil here. Ultimately, we will see what the judges think come Olympia time. Stoked to see what happens!

I agree totally.
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Both look incredible in that shot, but for me Phil has better legs, and looks more balanced, overall i give it to Heath in this comparison.
 
curtisymoo

curtisymoo

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
481
Points
16
aside from condition and that i'd like to say phil...
dex has great aesthetics and his FDB just FLOWS.
idk what to think though phil is just wow
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Dex does look great. Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him beating Phil here. Ultimately, we will see what the judges think come Olympia time. Stoked to see what happens!

Agreed, I just can't see anything that Dex has over Phil, whereas Phil has better lats, forearms, conditioning, legs. Their upper-arms look, ignoring condition, pretty equal, as does their chests, delts and waistlines.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
They are both supreme on this pose.

I don't get why some people keep saying "Phil all the way", "Dex by a mile" and things like that. They are EVEN! If you give Phil a 95 out of 100 you should give Dex a 93-97 out of 100!

Some of you are being too fanatic :D:D:D
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
i give it to phil. better lower body mainly. in the upper body theyre pretty much equal.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
i give it to phil. better lower body mainly. in the upper body theyre pretty much equal.

That is where I think Phil takes it as well. Both have incredible arms and upper bodies with nice tapers. Phil's thighs and separation are much better than Dex.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
That is where I think Phil takes it as well. Both have incredible arms and upper bodies with nice tapers. Phil's thighs and separation are much better than Dex.

exactly, and lets not forget the calves. phil actually have them:49:
 
Q

quorom

Active member
Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
37
Points
6
Phil looks better I think. I think they both look great but my eyes are always drawn to Dex's left arm being slightly smaller than his right. I don't know why, it's not even very noticeable but that's the first thing I see. And even though neither is in contest condition, when they are Dexter never really has great cuts on his quads and calves are really lacking.
 
Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
510
Points
16
I'm liking how this thread turned out braaq, I was honestly expecting more of the "you need to get your eyes checked" and "phil heath all the way" comments.

That being said here's my take on this shot:
1. looking at dexter's chest compared to phil's it has a far better tie in creating the illusion of width, whereas phil's look more hunched up.
2. Dexter lats look fuller than phil's in this pose, even though they look alot thinner than phil's from the back.
3. Dexter's obliques make a straight line down to his hips, whereas phil's stick out abit. this in turn makes dexter flow better in this pose.
4.even though Phil has great legs, dexter has a better outer thigh sweep going from his hips to his knees.
5. Phil obviously beats dexter on calves, but this isnt that obvious from the front as from the back.
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
dexter even though phil is bigger, dexter has a better structure..
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
In the pics we have to compare, I dont think phils calves even look any/much better than dex's.
 
Salt

Salt

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
119
Points
18
Dex got some wider lats than phil. But Dex' lat is bit higher attached (maybe his upperbody is a bit longer than Phil's). In the rest Phil wins by a margain.
 

Similar threads

Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
291
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
PrinceVegeta
Replies
30
Views
26K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
CoachCelestine
Replies
5
Views
192
BrofessorLift
BrofessorLift
Top