• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Front Double Bi - Phil or Dex?

Who is the winner in this pose?

  • Phil Heath

    Votes: 69 66.3%
  • Dexter Jackson

    Votes: 35 33.7%

  • Total voters
    104
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,644
Points
38
PHIL = better midsection and calves

DEX = better V-Taper
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
This goes to Dexter.

Better taper, midsection, biceps (not overall arms), chest is thicker. More balanced physique.

Quads are pretty much a tie (except the separation at this point). Calves goes to Phil, easily.

Close call, but I would give this one to Dex.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
I prefer dex in this pose, his physique has a much nicer flow to it, plus i dont think Dex's calves look that bad in this pose. Phil has the "damn what a freak!" factor, but still looks more narrow then dex, plus dex has better sweep in the legs

If dex scores 95/100 in this pose, phil scores 93/100, its really close...
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
Dexter.

I really hate how Phil's obliques look at this point. Dexter looks more aesthetic to me.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
I'm liking how this thread turned out braaq, I was honestly expecting more of the "you need to get your eyes checked" and "phil heath all the way" comments.

That being said here's my take on this shot:
1. looking at dexter's chest compared to phil's it has a far better tie in creating the illusion of width, whereas phil's look more hunched up.
2. Dexter lats look fuller than phil's in this pose, even though they look alot thinner than phil's from the back.
3. Dexter's obliques make a straight line down to his hips, whereas phil's stick out abit. this in turn makes dexter flow better in this pose.
4.even though Phil has great legs, dexter has a better outer thigh sweep going from his hips to his knees.
5. Phil obviously beats dexter on calves, but this isnt that obvious from the front as from the back.

You do make very good points. In this case I think it really comes down to preference due to them both looking outstanding. And I agree, this was not supposed to be an insulting or I am right and you are wrong thread. Since we disagreed on who wins this pose I was just curious what everyone else thought as well. The two are superstars and it could go either way, I just prefer Phil in this pose for the reasons I stated before though. :gaysign:
 
2

203MH

Active member
Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
31
Points
6
Both look great, but Phil gets my vote
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Not going to pick them apart.Phil FDB looks more pleasing to my eye.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
I go with Phil simply because of more detail and each side is almost even to the other. Dexter has some imbalances.
 
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
Size: Phil
Conditioning: Phil
Aesthetics: Dex

WINNER: PHIL
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

active_transport

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
47
Points
6
you guys are seeing things if you guys think phil is better
 
KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
223
Points
16
You can't deny Phil here.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
Why would you even compare Phil with the current crop of Pros... thats blasphemy!

Ironically the only guy who could have come close to Phil in this pose (pund for pound that is) is not even a pro yet (nor will he ever be IMHO)... Alexey Lesukov!
 

Attachments

  • alexey lesukov301.jpg
    alexey lesukov301.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 234

Similar threads

Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
299
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
PrinceVegeta
Replies
30
Views
26K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
CoachCelestine
Replies
5
Views
205
BrofessorLift
BrofessorLift
Top