• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Future's Q & A

Future

Future

And just so people know, these are just questions that get pm'ed or posted on various boards. So I thought I would consolidate and give my input. I don't have all the answers just some thoughts and experiences that might help someone.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for this great thread future.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Future, how much of your training is DC style? and when your not DC'ing what are you usually doing?

Future

Future

Well I use some of the intensity techniques. I use a 3/1 split and like more of a "beyond failure training" style as well. I go back and forth from rest pausing to stripdowns.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry to kep bothering you, but well its 'futures Q and A' so i'll ask the questions and you give the answers lol!

when doing chest exercises, should elbows be in or our out, or somewhere in between?

i often find i need to flare them to get it hitting the chest where i want! but ive heard many conflicting opinions!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you think of GPP work along with powerlifting. Loui simmons is a big fan of it but what do you think.? Does it affect recovery ability

Future

Future

sorry to kep bothering you, but well its 'futures Q and A' so i'll ask the questions and you give the answers lol!

when doing chest exercises, should elbows be in or our out, or somewhere in between?

i often find i need to flare them to get it hitting the chest where i want! but ive heard many conflicting opinions!

If trying to work the chest I personally like keeping the elbows flared out. Since doing this its really brought up my chest over the last year.

Future

Future

What do you think of GPP work along with powerlifting. Loui simmons is a big fan of it but what do you think.? Does it affect recovery ability

Active rest is a great think. The body can do so much more than we give it credit for. Personally, I think GPP is great. It is basically saying what I just stated. Similarly, a person can do pushups every other day for a few sets or even some light circut training. The idea is to be ACTIVE while not taxing the body. I would even do a circut of nothing but my first warm up weight for several exercises for GPP.

Future

Future

Better get moving on this again. Sorry guys.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey future...long time no see...

Question about rack deads....better then normal deads for back thickness?

Normal deads burn my hams a lot and i want to focus only on thickness of the back when i do deads...i train hams when i train legs with two excerises....advice?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Future

Future

Yes if you want to focus on the upper back rack deads would be better in that regard. I do prefer floor deads personally but some respond well with rack deads.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squats ATG or paralell? whats the deal there? and what is ultimately most beneficial? ive heard pros and cons about both...

Future

Future

Depends on the person. Just going deep doesnt mean you will get good leg development. Tempo of the lift, staying upright, stance and yes depth can ALL be factors. I think a good range of motion is ideal but its always about your injuries and personal leverages.

Certainly, DO NOT say that a half squat is a squat. But at the same time dont think just burying a rep means you are gonna grow and/or get stronger as well.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Depends on the person. Just going deep doesnt mean you will get good leg development. Tempo of the lift, staying upright, stance and yes depth can ALL be factors. I think a good range of motion is ideal but its always about your injuries and personal leverages.

Certainly, DO NOT say that a half squat is a squat. But at the same time dont think just burying a rep means you are gonna grow and/or get stronger as well.

well put mate!

Future

Future

Thanks guys. I will really try to keep up. Been so freaking stressed and busy.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont know who you exaclty are but from what i can see u are the strongest guy in musclemecca and you are huge! i assume you are a powerlifter/personal trainer?

Question about benching..i feels like one arm really overpowers the other arm when benching..but only when i bench flat...does it have to do with my tri's or shoulders?

Future

Future

Yeah it could be chest, shoulders and/or triceps. It's also common for people to be off center with their back on the bench. You could be lifting a leg slighting which also throws off your center of gravity. Without watching you I can only throw out those suggestions to be aware off.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry unrelated

Future are you the future on Dante dc board??