• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Growth after a cycle?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
1,078
Points
38
I'm not saying to run the orals for months on end. My point was that all this "sky is falling" Internet Myth", needs to cease. Yes, I do apologize for the wise ass remark but it was all in fun. Back to the point though.

Running an oral for 8-10 weeks won't kill you. Just run your oral support afterwards and you'll live. Unless you already have a preexisting condition with your liver. That would be the only case, where using orals would be a bad idea.

Just to make another point, I am not saying you can run PH's for a long period of time. In fact, I do not advise anyone use them.
 
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,274
Points
38
Using orals for that long is just old school. Just like Duality said your going to see more side affects with that long term use, we never said that you would drop dead. Simply running them that long is going to cause more sides. Unless you feel that your going to be a pro in some sort I dont see the purpose of running an oral for so long just because it is so taxing on the body. Why not just up the dosage of test

Also I'm sure that when you look at those two studies there are too many variables. Obviously if your trying to induce puberty into someone they already have issues.
 
shredded08

shredded08

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
61
Points
6
I'm not saying to run the orals for months on end. My point was that all this "sky is falling" Internet Myth", needs to cease. Yes, I do apologize for the wise ass remark but it was all in fun. Back to the point though.

Running an oral for 8-10 weeks won't kill you. Just run your oral support afterwards and you'll live. Unless you already have a preexisting condition with your liver. That would be the only case, where using orals would be a bad idea.

Just to make another point, I am not saying you can run PH's for a long period of time. In fact, I do not advise anyone use them.


i couldnt agree more...looks like ur another Razorripped disciple :xyxthumbs: lol
 
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
1,078
Points
38
i couldnt agree more...looks like ur another Razorripped disciple :xyxthumbs: lol

tried and true.. The man has a lot of great teachings. Some may disagree with him but you can't argue the experience.
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
I'm not saying to run the orals for months on end. My point was that all this "sky is falling" Internet Myth", needs to cease. Yes, I do apologize for the wise ass remark but it was all in fun. Back to the point though.

Running an oral for 8-10 weeks won't kill you. Just run your oral support afterwards and you'll live. Unless you already have a preexisting condition with your liver. That would be the only case, where using orals would be a bad idea.

Just to make another point, I am not saying you can run PH's for a long period of time. In fact, I do not advise anyone use them.


i really don't think any of us have told anyone that they'll keel over if they run dbol for 10 weeks. we just advise them not to just because it's not a wise idea. just like drinking everyday for 2 months is a bad idea. will you die? no. is it smart? no. and with orals in my experience and that of others the best results are within the first 6 weeks. injectables like EQ are beneficial to run longer as not only are they very mild on your body, there results often manifest themselves best around the 12+ week range. it's all about getting the best results to side effects ratio.
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
im all honesty, i believe you can try and maintain as much as possible while your off, but in no way can i see you improving while being off hormones for that long, in my opinion and experience its just not possible, your body does not produce those amounts of hormones to keep a high protein synthesis, especially if you have already achieved a certain physique with the use of aas.. thats just my honest 2 cents.
 
GetSize

GetSize

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
126
Points
16
Alot of interesting points the reason why I ran dbol for so long is because simply put I like them. I feel my body responds well to them. My next cycle though I will lessen the length of the load to 4 weeks using Anadrol. As I got the best results from that. Why do most feel that 8 weeks is too much too long?

On my original topic I just found it interesting how I could still train and keep most mass while off gear. I do understand though that training off gear just is not the same as when your on. Thx everyone for the good responses to this thread. :xyxthumbs:
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
^ it's the conundrum of homeostasis. as long as you give your body no reason to change, it won't. and that means post cycle you keep lifting hard and heavy, and eating right. like i said this doesn't apply to bbers who are way over their genetic limits (like a pro for example) but it's a self fulfilling prophecy if you think you are going to fail or lose size because you come off cycle.
 

Similar threads

MuscleMaverick
Replies
0
Views
1
MuscleMaverick
MuscleMaverick
LiftWithPurpose
Replies
0
Views
50
LiftWithPurpose
LiftWithPurpose
MuscleHustle
Replies
2
Views
122
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Top