• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Hatfield Squats

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Come on guys, leave dilated alone.

 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Tim, do you think my gym would be willing to get one of these bars if I requested it...

:bitelip:

Don't know. Worth asking at least. A padded bar would be popular with all the pretend trainers.

I've haven't seen too many gyms that have spent the $$ on free weights stuff.

dilatedmuscle said:
Ok, im a bitch because i dont do box squats Im not naturally strong but i dont complain about squatting or deadlifting and they are relativelty decent lifts for my strength level.

My point to you was that you made an uneducated statement about a movement you have no understanding of.

The point I will make now is that I've met few people that are naturally strong :bitelip: I sucked at squatting for years, box squats was one of the ways I learned to stop sucking at squats.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Ok, im a bitch because i dont do box squats :doh: Im not naturally strong but i dont complain about squatting or deadlifting and they are relativelty decent lifts for my strength level.

I wasn't referring to you as a bitch, it was just there for emphasis, it could have been "motherfucker", etc.
 
MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
801
Points
16
I'd love to try it, but we don't have it in our gym
 
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
2,163
Points
36
what would the true benefit be in doing hatfield squats, rather than just regular squats..........i'm pretty sure my gym has the bar to do it
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
what would the true benefit be in doing hatfield squats, rather than just regular squats..........i'm pretty sure my gym has the bar to do it
If you've noticed because he's holding onto the rack, he's able to do a movement similar to front squats where his back is less involved. Creating more emphasis on his quads.

qyvn8y-1.jpg
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
^That and the shoulder benefits.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
i did them couple times at the gym where i used to crush sometimes. they are awesome they really hit your outter quad sweeps so bad, they will grow like weed.

too bad my gym doesn't have a bar like that :tear:
 

Similar threads

tkD
Replies
2
Views
4K
The King Of Lurkers
The King Of Lurkers
CoachCelestine
Replies
3
Views
108
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
92
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top