• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

how much cardio do you do??

J

jeff_hardy

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
21
Points
1
hey guys
I was wondering, How much cardio do you guys do, when your trying to add some size on??

thanks guy
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Atm I'm doing 1 HIIT session a week. When I start to gain too much BF I will add an extra day. So 1 or 2 days for me while bulking
 
forsi

forsi

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
61
Points
6
how long do you do your cardio, philosopher?
and what do you do?
 
frezzy

frezzy

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
216
Points
18
When I'm focusing on gaining size, I try to keep the cardio limited. It's still good to get it in, don't get me wrong, but don't make it too intense. Try to keep it in the 10-15 minute range IMO
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
I do not do any during bulking, but I try to still eat pretty healthy, I will a fast walk on an incline treadmill if I feel the need for 20 or 30 mins. Wont hurt leg size :2:, but is still good for the heart.
 
faiz

faiz

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
141
Points
16
30 min 3 times a week for me
 
A

asdf

Member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
14
Points
1
I just keep active. Heavy cardio (running, sprints, etc) has a place but not excessive amounts that eat into recovery, etc.

I'd keep it to light cardio (walking, etc) daily, and maybe some heavy stuff 1-2 times a week for 15-30mins.
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
None.

Although I should.
 
pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
1,371
Points
36
I am cycling to gym so 4-5x2x10-15 mins.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I dont do any cardio while bulking, i am a pretty active person, so i dont feel a need for it. but when im cutting i usually do 20-30 minutes post workout 4-5 times a week. Im one of those lucky fellas that can lose fat fairly fast if i need to.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
3-4 cardio sessions a week, mix between regular cardio and HITT
 
Kyle

Kyle

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
110
Points
16
none. I dropped all my fat from lifting alone. I'm on a bulking program right now though and I'm eating a ton. So if I start to put on some fat I will do some cardio to burn it off but so far the fat that I do have is still burning off just from lifting.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
during bulking none= big mistake, cut well depends since behind: im doing low carb i do 2x a day session every day. if i were on track i would just do once a day cardio post workout.
 
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
679
Points
16
right now about 3 to 4 45min sessions a week
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
everday all day
i sleep walk on treadmill
 
Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
615
Points
16
Before I work out, I do a small session of about 5 minutes to just get my blood and oxygen flowing through my body. I never over due it though to the mile range or anything. Aside from the fact that I shouldn't run because I'm bulking now, I should run a little longer on my days off because I have palpitations once and a while with my heart. (The running part would help me increase the strength of my beats)
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
I get enough cardio from my job.
 
J

jeff_hardy

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
21
Points
1
I haven't done any cardio for two years. I have a hard time gaining any bodyweight. I have to eat somewhat dirty calories to gain any kind of bodyweight but now, I'm thinking about some heart health. Is there a differance in doing cardio for buring fat and just for heart health?
 
A

asdf

Member
Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
14
Points
1
jeff hardy said:
I haven't done any cardio for two years. I have a hard time gaining any bodyweight. I have to eat somewhat dirty calories to gain any kind of bodyweight but now, I'm thinking about some heart health. Is there a differance in doing cardio for buring fat and just for heart health?
Hard time gaining body weight is always down to the amount of calories consumed. Keep a food log and work out your daily calorie needs, prepare to be suprised! Also junk calories are called junk for a reason.

Cardio will actually help you improve your performance, thus improve your training and muscle gains. Cardio doesn't magically burn fat, just look at every fat bastard on the treadmill year after year. What it does do is increase your metabolism for a period. So you could do cardio for fitness and never do low intensity long duration "fat burning" cardio.
 

Similar threads

Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
84
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
112
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
29
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Top