• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Introduction to exercise metabolism

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is all so overwhelming. :ughnoes: I like it though!

Read it over slowly a few times... it will make sense. It looks intimidating, but only look at the things on the diagrams I circled, for example, don't look at the rest, for now...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, there is also another interesting observation with divers. Often before you see them go under the water, they hyperventilate. Originally, it was thought that the hyperventilation worked by bringing oxygen in, but in actuality it worked by taking the CO2 out. Good addition.

the hypoxic drive (the stimulus to breath being low O2 levels) is only seen in people with COPD or bronchitis and people with respiratory diseases/problems. the regular stimulus to breathe for everyone without these problems is high CO2 levels, not just those wishing to hold their breath longer.

edit: i just read one of your aforementioned posts and it appears you already covered this. oops. my version may be easier to understand though.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the hypoxic drive (the stimulus to breath being low O2 levels) is only seen in people with COPD or bronchitis and people with respiratory diseases/problems. the regular stimulus to breathe for everyone without these problems is high CO2 levels, not just those wishing to hold their breath longer.

edit: i just read one of your aforementioned posts and it appears you already covered this. oops. my version may be easier to understand though.

Finally someone is showing that they are going to class! :2: However, can you explain the physiological processes behind the "stimulus to breathe"? Without looking at IS's explanation (don't cheat), but it can get much more in depth..... But yes, I would anyone could understand your version with or without prior knowledge.

Maybe now after your done with your EMT classes we can actually have intellectual discussions rather than assumed opinions. You seem like you have already learned a lot, :xyxthumbs: not saying you didn't beforehand though.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finally someone is showing that they are going to class! :2: However, can you explain the physiological processes behind the "stimulus to breathe"? Without looking at IS's explanation (don't cheat), but it can get much more in depth..... But yes, I would anyone could understand your version with or without prior knowledge.

Maybe now after your done with your EMT classes we can actually have intellectual discussions rather than assumed opinions. You seem like you have already learned a lot, :xyxthumbs: not saying you didn't beforehand though.

by intellectual discussion do you mean the same discussions we always have just with far more wordy jargon included? sweet! i don't give my opinion fool i give the answer

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
by intellectual discussion do you mean the same discussions we always have just with far more wordy jargon included? sweet! i don't give my opinion fool i give the answer

:49: When an answer starts with "I think" or "I just feel that"... its not an answer. However, your opinions usually are close to being right/close or have a good (usually educated) explanation behind them. I will definitely give you that. :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: When an answer starts with "I think" or "I just feel that"... its not an answer. However, your opinions usually are close to being right/close or have a good (usually educated) explanation behind them. I will definitely give you that. :xyxthumbs:

that's because when i get someone at the gym walking up to me and asking me training and nutrition advice, i don't attempt to confuse them or make it excessively wordy. i give them my advice very straight forwardly and simply with tid bits of my personal experience included. when you get all in to your myofibular gibilty goop no knows what the hell you're saying. you think some kid in college who wants to put on a few pounds needs to know that? :ranter:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that's because when i get someone at the gym walking up to me and asking me training and nutrition advice, i don't attempt to confuse them or make it excessively wordy. i give them my advice very straight forwardly and simply with tid bits of my personal experience included. when you get all in to your myofibular gibilty goop no knows what the hell you're saying. you think some kid in college who wants to put on a few pounds needs to know that? :ranter:

:49: True, I understand it and sometimes I think others do too. But ya I need to just be more straight forward and blunt.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wish I had a training partner to discuss lifting with :crymeariver:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
$3000 in airfares
$500 in accomodation
$300 in food
Getting to spend a week watching Blake and Jase "train" - Priceless.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
we'd make a man out of you. mainly me, blake would probably talk your ear off than make unwanted advances or something. once you tell him no enough times he gets the message.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop spamming this thread, please :tiphat:

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Great posts IS, thanks for taking the time.

Molecule/Scientific names are easier to follow when your native language comes from latin hehe!

B

biege

I love the science behind exercises. This is a pretty good post TS. I'll add this to my bookmark for future reference. Thanks a lot for sharing this!

Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail

Banned
I find this post really interesting as well as educating although I had to read it twice for me to able to understand it clearly. I've also seen posts about Human Locomotion before which is really hard to understand that's why I'm glad you made this great explanation :)