• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ironslave's training tidbits

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great thread. Keep it updated IS

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been lazy with this I know, who isnt this time of year?

Empty stomach cardio

We've all heard that empty stomach cardio is the preferred method for maximal fat loss, but, many worry that elevated cortisol levels will lead to a loss of muscle as well, and rightfully so. Therefore, in the past i have advised against empty stomach cardio if the goal is to hold on to as much muscle as possible while cutting.

But, wouldn't it be so convenient if there was something we could do to take advantage of the AM fasted cardio without losing muscle? Rather than getting up, eating breakfast, waiting for like 3 hours, and then doing the cardio?

Well, according to a study, groups of mice performed exercise under the following conditions:

1) completely fasted
2) glucose meal before exercose
3) whole milk before exercise
4) whey protein before exercise

The fasted group lost the most total weight, fat and muscle (duh).

Group 2 (glucose) experienced increased glucose oxidation and decreased lipid oxidation during and after exercise, which makes sence, because the body was burning the carbs it just ingested as its source of fuel.

The milk and whey group both lost fat, and kept more muscle than fasted did, but the whey group experienced greater gains in lean muscle mass, and lost more fat than the milk group did. Long term, it was concluded that only whey protein before exercise was a favorable method to reduce adiposity while maintaining LBM.

Moral of the story:

Wake up, take whey protein in water, stfu, and do your cardio.

Bouthegourd et al. A preexercise alpha -lactalbumin-enriched whey protein meal preserves lipid oxidation and decreases adiposity in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 283: E565-E572, 2002.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you told me this the other day on MSN and this is definetely what type of cardio I'll be doing starting next week :Badger:

thanks for the tips :2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
you told me this the other day on MSN and this is definetely what type of cardio I'll be doing starting next week :Badger:

I dont have MSN :xmaseek3ugh:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:
I dont have MSN :xmaseek3ugh:

well I couldn't tell everybody that you told me that a few days back when we were ...... :spy:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another very informative read. i'll start doing this kind of cardio immeadiatly! thanks again bro. it seems like every time you give advice i find that i've been doing something non-optimally and need to change it!

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop being lazy! it's been 2 weeks!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:

I told u and it was AIM :xmasslap:

:xmaseek3ugh:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen said:
I told u and it was AIM :xmasslap:

:xmaseek3ugh:

you said do cardio on an empty stomach right when I wake up :no:

I took IS advice instead and drink a shake with about 50 grams of protein when I wake up then I do some cardio followed by meal with about 100g Carbs and another 50g protein

dominaton.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
you said do cardio on an empty stomach right when I wake up :no:

I took IS advice instead and drink a shake with about 50 grams of protein when I wake up then I do some cardio followed by meal with about 100g Carbs and another 50g protein

dominaton.
I never once told u to do cardio on an empty stomach. Thats dumb for the exact reason IS posts about the studies show. At minimum i always said take a shake so your not catabolic. I told u to do the exact same thing IS did man except i gave u the formulas to use. 1.5g carbs per Kg of bodyweight to restore glycogen directly after thraining then an hour later as well.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The wonders of Resveratrol

As most everyone here is a bodybuilder, they know that to get big, you must eat big. To add muscle, you must be in a caloric surplus, it usually takes 3200 surplus calories accumulated to add a pound of muscle, that is a highly variable number, but regardles, eat big and you will get big.

But at what price?? There's zero doubt in my mind that consuming such a high calorie diet is going to have adverse effects on your health. Basically, the more you eat, the more oxidative stress your body produces, this highly accelerates aging, gene mutation, tumor formation, you name it.

But there is now evidence that a molecule found in grape skin (Resveratrol) may lessen the oxidative damage caused by a high calorie diet.

Rather than go into every exact detail, this link sums it up perfectly. But if you are bulking and eating a ton, or just anyone in general, id highly highly reccomend this, I think it's going to explode on the supplement market soon. Rumor has it that Muscletech has patented a super resveratrol forumla guaranteed to make you live 700% longer and add 4 inches to your penis.

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/11_1Sinclair.html

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
700% seems a little low, i figured it would be more like 1500% and 7 inches:ughfingers:

it says its found in red wines, im guessing thats where they thought of the idea since there have been so many studies on that about heart disease and life spans.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:

As most everyone here is a bodybuilder, they know that to get big, you must eat big. To add muscle, you must be in a caloric surplus, it usually takes 3200 surplus calories accumulated to add a pound of muscle, that is a highly variable number, but regardles, eat big and you will get big.

But at what price?? There's zero doubt in my mind that consuming such a high calorie diet is going to have adverse effects on your health. Basically, the more you eat, the more oxidative stress your body produces, this highly accelerates aging, gene mutation, tumor formation, you name it.

But there is now evidence that a molecule found in grape skin (Resveratrol) may lessen the oxidative damage caused by a high calorie diet.

Rather than go into every exact detail, this link sums it up perfectly. But if you are bulking and eating a ton, or just anyone in general, id highly highly reccomend this, I think it's going to explode on the supplement market soon. Rumor has it that Muscletech has patented a super resveratrol forumla guaranteed to make you live 700% longer and add 4 inches to your penis.

:xyxthumbs:

Resveratrol is great stuff

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:

Too bad Ghosting isn't around anymore.

J

jornT

Ironslave said:

Except the penis growth, it isn't anabolic, so another crappy product from MT.

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UPDATES! I WAS PROMISED FREQUENT UPDATES!

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:

FYI wine contains high amount of Resveratrol. One glass is more than enough.