• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Edward Nunn the future of bodybuilding?

Is Edward Nunn the future of Bodybuilding?

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
FACTS:
Name: Edward S. Nunn
Date of birth: 06 06 1971
Place of birth: Anderson, Indiana
Nationality & Marital status: African American and Single
Spouse/children: 3 children
Height: 6'1"
Off-season weight 310 lbs
Contest weight 245 lbs
Measurements:
arms 22"
chest: 52"
waist 32"
legs: 31"

calves: 20"
neck:

JEB_2584wtmk_AURBQRPGPHJPG-1.jpg

JEB_2586wtmk_EYNVZLZCSHJPG-1.jpg

JEB_2588wtmk_TBGVBUWURMJPG-1.jpg

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His waist is extrenely tiny.

Yeah, I'm Captain Obvious.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
no. too old to be the future unfortunately.

but he might get a few shows under his belt.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
He's 39. A bit old to be the future from now on imo, but like Natzo said he can win some more shows before he retires.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
He's like Brian Buchanan with legs

Brian_Buchanan_11-1.jpg

Brian_Buchanan_27-1.jpg

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Brian was in a league of his own... IMO we should not be making even comparisons because his V-taper was that far ahead of everyone! He had tiny waist with thick Abs muscles... Nunn has tiny waist but the actual muscle bellies very "thin & crooked"...

If Nunn makes the same amount of improvement next year then he will definately be a top contender for the big shows too.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^^ Brian was in a league of his own... IMO we should not be making even comparisons because his V-taper was that far ahead of everyone! He had tiny waist with thick Abs muscles... Nunn has tiny waist but the actual muscle bellies very "thin & crooked"...

If Nunn makes the same amount of improvement next year then he will definately be a top contender for the big shows too.

Yeah, buuuuuuuut.... What is Brian doing that Ed is not doing? A vacuum. Ed nun is simply tightening his stomach really hard while Brian is doing a vacuum... huge difference, not to mention Nunn is probably a hell of a lot taller then Brian.

Either way, i voted for "give him a few more years" and by that i meant give him a few more years before we can tell.

Again, i stated in the past that he has more potential then toney freeman and its becoming more apparent.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's a crop of great potential coming through, like Cedric, and they are the future. Ed is just a bit old. Looks great though and deserves to be winning some shows.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aside from your natural age I believe that your "professional age" matters too... IMHO just as much as your natural age... late-bloomers do very well and continue to do so past the normal retirement-age of their early-bloomers compatriats. For example.... Even though Nunn is older than Jay because he has just entered the professional ranks he will continue to do well a good few years after Jay has left the scene... so yes he is old but "Give him a gew years" is what I voted for

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Aside from your natural age I believe that your "professional age" matters too... IMHO just as much as your natural age... late-bloomers do very well and continue to do so past the normal retirement-age of their early-bloomers compatriats. For example.... Even though Nunn is older than Jay because he has just entered the professional ranks he will continue to do well a good few years after Jay has left the scene... so yes he is old but "Give him a gew years" is what I voted for

I agree 100% Bodybuilders who start off late can improove more into their older years like Don Youngblood and a bunch of other late bloomers. Ed said he only started taking bodybuilding seriously these last 2 years. Im pretty sure he is going to be noticed a lot more after deservingly winning this past show and he will have more resources to continue to grow into his mid 40's. I predict he has a solid 5 years of good growth in him. Albert Beckles has claimed birth years of 1930 and 1938, but even if the more recent date is true, it still means he placed second in the 1985 Mr. Olympia at age 47 and he won his eighth IFBB pro show at 52.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I choosed "Give him a few more years" before realizing he's 39 y/o, so age is not on his side. That said he will improve his weak points (upperbody thickness) over the next years no matter his age.
He will without a doubt win some shows and could very well place high at the Olympia stage. I would be really pissed if a physique like Ed's places out of the top 10 at this years Olympia.
Ed's structure compensates for his "flatness" in his chest for example, and there's no one that can match those lines.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I seriosly doubt that he's going to make improvements at the age of 39. Why would he start making improvements now? What has he done all this time then? I believe that proves his flat chest is because of his genetics.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I seriosly doubt that he's going to make improvements at the age of 39. Why would he start making improvements now? What has he done all this time then? I believe that proves his flat chest is because of his genetics.

What makes you think he hasn't improved lately?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Here's Europa 2009 vs Europa 2010.
I rest my case, so should you

24fgzg1-1.jpg

5zfj2o-1.jpg

20ky6aq-1.jpg

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I think that his physique is the future of bodybuilding, maybe not him individually.

R

Ruhlforever

Definetely he will be top 3 one day, incredible waist. He looks like this african statues from Ghana or Nigeria of thos gods, look incredible and statue, artistic, has everything, good back (Hey Dennis good lower back), incredible calves even for a black man, increible arms, incredible vastus, just imagine 3 more years. Holy shti

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definetely he will be top 3 one day, incredible waist. He looks like this african statues from Ghana or Nigeria of thos gods, look incredible and statue, artistic, has everything, good back (Hey Dennis good lower back), incredible calves even for a black man, increible arms, incredible vastus, just imagine 3 more years. Holy shti
His physique definitely has a lot of potential and could probably be a Mr. O, but his age is a pretty big set back. I don't see him being a top 3 only because there are so many good pros that are young such as Phil, Roelly, Kai (not really that young, but younger than Ed), Evan, etc.