• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

jay cutler in iceland

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
How cares anyway..he did 12 reps...and I dont think he/they would bother getting fake plates into a gym to do a clip thats under 1min long...
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
jay wouldn't film with fake plates and I don't know why the Mr. Olympia can't bang 405 for reps..

is it that special?
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
^ i just didnt think jay trained with weight that heavy and moved it that easily for reps.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
All I know is that he in one of his movies said that its not worth the risk using more weight then he already does.
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
Those are 15 kg plates. That first plate (in the bottom) seems to be 20 kilos, but all the others are 15 kilos. So, that's 150 kilos (330 lbs).
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Those are 15 kg plates. That first plate (in the bottom) seems to be 20 kilos, but all the others are 15 kilos. So, that's 150 kilos (330 lbs).

I think your right ,thought its kinda hard to tell.I couldnt see any numbers ,but the lift looks so easy its ridiculous!!I dont think even Levrone or Ronnie could handle 180kg that easy.150kg sounds little closer to truth ,but what a hell i know:icon_lol:
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
I think your right ,thought its kinda hard to tell.I couldnt see any numbers ,but the lift looks so easy its ridiculous!!I dont think even Levrone or Ronnie could handle 180kg that easy.150kg sounds little closer to truth ,but what a hell i know:icon_lol:
At least here in Europe we usually have plates coloured in a certain way (as I believe many of you already know):

Red: 25 kg (55 lbs)
Blue: 20 kg (44 lbs)
Yellow: 15 kg (33 lbs)
Green (mostly): 10 kg (22 lbs)

And everything other than that does vary quite a lot...
 

Attachments

  • jay.jpg
    jay.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 261
J

Jusa*

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
144
Points
16
That's exactly what I'm talking about. He is just using different type of plates than everyone has used to see(those 44lbs).
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Damn...you're right Natzo

10ru5ih-1.jpg
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
more pics of jay

150879_10150126134875550_710910549_7809620_5690384_n.jpg

150196_10150126134925550_710910549_7809624_7236349_n.jpg

155121_10150126134995550_710910549_7809627_2238174_n.jpg

76298_10150126135030550_710910549_7809628_4791347_n.jpg

149909_10150126135060550_710910549_7809629_1357445_n.jpg

150210_10150126135090550_710910549_7809630_5431894_n.jpg
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
Not looking that big but again he is in very good condition for being over 2 months into the offseason
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
HE does look lighter, but look at those legs!
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
^^ Fakes plates?

Bar is suposed to be arched with that weight, isn't it?

it depends on what kind of bar it is. a poerlifting bar wouldnt even come close to bending with 405 on it
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
At least here in Europe we usually have plates coloured in a certain way (as I believe many of you already know):

Red: 25 kg (55 lbs)
Blue: 20 kg (44 lbs)
Yellow: 15 kg (33 lbs)
Green (mostly): 10 kg (22 lbs)

And everything other than that does vary quite a lot...

I think you will find that the colouring and weights are actually the international standard for strength sports. The 45lb, etc, is an antiquated system phased out by the moderisation of weightlifting in the Olympics in the 1970's (from memory).

So unless he was at Crossfit (they take 5kg off the plate for each colour to seem more hardcore) then he was lifting 150kg.
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
I think you will find that the colouring and weights are actually the international standard for strength sports. The 45lb, etc, is an antiquated system phased out by the moderisation of weightlifting in the Olympics in the 1970's (from memory).
Oh dear god, I was being sarcastic...
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Oh dear god, I was being sarcastic...

It is hard to tell your sarcastic typing from your normal typing. I did want a sarcastic button next to the bold, italic and underline buttons.
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
^^ What about [sarcasm] tag?
 

Similar threads

rxmuscle
Replies
0
Views
52
rxmuscle
rxmuscle
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
122
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Top