• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler won

CombBoy

CombBoy

Fuck yeah! Jay #1!!!!!

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nearly everyone counted Jay out (including me). But we all know when he hit that stage in pre-judging; we were all wrong. Congrats to Jay, he really did deserve this one, no question about it. :)

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

given his friday circumstances, phil really pulled through finals night. sad about the one point difference though..kai just pulled ahead

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hard work pays off. Congrats Jay.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Im really pleased for Jay winning. he was the best onstage tonight and really brought it. Tbh he's shocked me but...im more shocked that Branch came 2nd!

mrq4400

mrq4400

really happy for Jay's WIN! he deserved it more than any other, Jay just looked insanely good!!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
an incredible and well deserved victory. jay really was light years ahead of the competition this year.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He looked great so imo he deserved it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just looking at the posedown pics and I'm just feeling so disillusioned. Don't get me wrong Jay shocked us with his conditioning, but the more you look at him the more average he looks.

Having said that Dex did look small next to him, albeit with a better physique, ditto Phil, who can thank pre-judging for his placing, and then Vic, who looked good in some shots and crap in others. As much as I hate Kai's physique he was about as good as I've seen him. I think I will have an epiphany about the meaning of life before I see how Branch placed second (crap arms, crap back).

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay did look great and I don't have a problem with him winning although I could hav seen Dexc take it again and be just as happy. I don't know why some people are saying Dex shouldn't have won because he brought the same thing as always - the thing is he has always had a supreme physique and he only needs to add slightly size wise each time which he does. IMO he had been overlooked too many times previous years anyway.

I do not get the Branch placing at all.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Not criticising Dex at all for bringing the same package, but that was also what lost him the show.

Jay wowed everyone with something we hadn't seen from him before. So the contest was all about him, regardless of his flaws and regardless of the current champ's claims to the throne.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I don't get it. You know I'm a Cutler fan but: what's wrong with Dex showing up the same as always? I mean, a phisique is judged, not a career.

mjappe

mjappe

It was all about the hair - new hair cut and whoops...a new man with a killer physic and there is nothing to say about it – all respect to Jay!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Jay finally nailed it and lived up to the potential I knew he had but questioned he'd ever bring out. Major kudos to him for getting it all right this year.

D

Dave_XX12

I think Branch didn't win that second place to himself. Phil and Kai lost it. Phil was sick, which was a shame because at the finals he looked like a different man and would've easily beaten Warren if he had been able to be in 100 % shape. And like scorecards showed, Kai Greene was actually 3rd after that first day so everything was in his own hands. Just couldn't reach thath top condition that would've been needed.

And Dexter.. I think Dexter is better bodybuilder on stage than Branch Warren, but he also seems to be one of the most arrogant guys ever walked around that stage and considering his personality + year after year same condition, it's not that bad thing that he got 3rd.
Without getting sick, that 2nd place would've been easily Phil's.

Jay got what he deserved and showed how great bodybuilder he is. Gongrats to him.

A

ALX73

Jay Cutler 2009 Mr. Olympia!!!

Congrats to Jay! He is a true champion! He just came into the show and let his body do the talking. Maybe Dexter will stop talkin' shit because Jay made all the "NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS" and smoked him!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Congrats to Jay! He is a true champion! He just came into the show and let his body do the talking. Maybe Dexter will stop talkin' shit because Jay made all the "NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS" and smoked him!!!
Dexter predicted a win for himself and, looking as he did, had no reason not to. Despite all these charges I keep reading of Dexter being cocky, I simply don't see it. Jay predicted a win for himself as well this year (at least according to Flex Magazine). The truth is, it's unlikely you know either athlete, how humble they are in person, or how they carry themselves. Bodybuilding, from an industry standpoint, is as much about the buildup to the shows as it is about the shows themselves. Reading a few out of context quotes here and there or watching some promotional video for a magazine is hardly enough to pass such judgment on the personality of others.