• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Jay will be Mr.Olympia until he retires

P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Yesterday (may 31 2008) in Brazil Ronnie was at a seminar and had a few things to say about the current state of pro bodybuilding.

-"Jay Cutler will be Mr Olympia until he retires."
-"Victor, Dennis Wolf or Phil Heath will probally be inline to be next Mr Olympia after Jay Cutler.
-"There is a lot of politics inside bodybuilding, and Jay left the message that he only won the Olympia because of Muscletech."

Should make Team Cutler happy.

2najhpj-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
After last year this is old news
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
:uhoh2: who would have known....
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
lol even though we all know it, it's nice to hear it from a prominent figure in bodybuilding.


still pisses me off though when there are far better and more deserving physiques out there.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
No offence to all his fans, but I hope not. He brought it in 2006 but last year's was not his.
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
I'm not too sure about this one. I am sure the IFBB is feeling a lot of heat after last years decision. Knowing now that the sandow is in the hands of the wrong person, I dont know if they can hand it to undeserving hands again...
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
last year was shit yes i admit, being a big cutler fan. but EVERY Mr Olympia has had at least 1 that they didnt deserve. Just let 2006 be cutlers and leave it at that.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
its good that he's talking bout the politics of the BB world.
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
I hope it's not true. Not just because if Jay is undeserving of further wins it'll be a joke but also because it's always less interesting when a new Mr 'O' only wins it once the throne is vacated rather than in a battle with the current holder.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
For me it is a pity that Ronnie now brings up politics. Sounds like a bit of a sore loser to me. Never mentioned anything like that when he was winning. (why would he?)

If politics are / were involved like Ronnie says, does that mean that he thinks he didn't deserve some of his Olympia wins? (I thought it was in God's hands / God's will, Ronnie?)
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
For me it is a pity that Ronnie now brings up politics. Sounds like a bit of a sore loser to me. Never mentioned anything like that when he was winning. (why would he?)

If politics are / were involved like Ronnie says, does that mean that he thinks he didn't deserve some of his Olympia wins? (I thought it was in God's hands / God's will, Ronnie?)

:keke: god :keke:

If god exsisted jays abs would be symmetrical.

anyway, Hes not being a sore loser he Last year he got beaten by 3 dudes and hes not bitching about all 3 beating him. Just saying that the guy at the top shouldn't be there (which he shouldn't)
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
I don't understand how Ronnie comes with all that "politics" stuff.

It seems after 2007 Olympia controversy all Jay's past titles are "politics"? Grow up, guys.

Jay will win this year, he has at least 20lbs of MUSCLE his competitors do not have. In 2007 he had problems of conditioning, in fact that's his worst year (even worse than 2004) in that aspect. You should not expect him fucking up again his contest prep.

He doesn't need to be as GREAT as in 2001... if he comes somewhere near 2003,2005 or 2006 it's just game over.

If you want to beat Cutler, try to hold 275+ lbs onstage.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
He doesn't need to be as GREAT as in 2001... if he comes somewhere near 2003,2005 or 2006 it's just game over.

If you want to beat Cutler, try to hold 275+ lbs onstage.

I disagree. 2006 might be enough to stave off the competitors, but 2003 certainly wouldn't. Jay may have 20+ pounds of muscle but he does not have the shape that his competitors have.

This year the competition will be fantastically intense. A very hungry and pissed off victor martinez. A Wolf who after his dominating show at last years has the scent of victory in his nose. Phil Heath, possibly the most genetically gifted athlete in the sport, and a hardworker to boot. Dexter "Perma-Shredded" Jackson who always comes in great. And then there are some wildcards, if freeman nails it he is quite impressive. Kai Greene could show up just a big as jay, he seems to grow everyday.

So this show is not a lock for Cutler. He f'ed up last year and badly. Now there are a whole string of very hungry competitors. If he can win this year, hopefully he deserves to. He got his gift last year. But he could pull what ronnie did between 02 and 03 and just make crazy gains. But he will have to bring his best ever package this year. A 90% jay will not be able to take a 100% Vic or a 100% Phil, or a 100% Wolf.
 
Top