• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

John Cena seriously injured

P

Pain

VIP
Herniated disk in his neck. Will be about for 12-14 months. Same injury Austin had back in 99 that had him out for 10 months and shortened his career.

The following is from WWE.com:

Three-time WWE Champion John Cena will be out of action indefinitely with a herniated disk in his neck. Requiring surgery, this injury is the result of several Batista Bombs delivered by The Animal at SummerSlam.

According to WWE's Dr. Chris Amann, who reviewed the MRI results with Cena, the injury sustained is worse than originally thought with large disk herniation.

"It needs to be dealt with because I lost most of the feeling in my right arm and am having pain in my shoulder," Cena told WWE.com. "I'm losing 20 percent of my strength per day. If I don't do anything about it, the injury will end up rupturing and then the surgery will be more difficult. It's not easy, because surgery never is."

Last year, Cena missed considerable time when he tore his pectoral muscle after receiving an RKO by Randy Orton on an announce table. He later made a remarkable return to the ring months ahead of schedule at the Royal Rumble this past January.

"It's a different injury than the pectoral tear because that was more of a muscle injury; this is concerning my bones, which has a lot less blood flow than muscle tissue. It also has to do with my neck, which is a very fragile area," Cena described.

"Every moment I stay away from the table is another moment something bad can happen. The disk is so bulged out and inflamed that any sudden move could make it worse."

But when it comes to the Chain Gang Commander, the pain associated with this type of injury is perhaps second only to the anguish of being forced away from sports-entertainment – his home. Still, Cena recognizes what he needs to do, even if it means stepping away from the ring for some time.

"You can either do one or two things: You can be upset or pout or you can know what to do to get better," Cena said. "I'm already in the mode of getting the surgery as quick as I can."

He continued, "In the last ten months, I've really focused on functional strength training and I'm stronger than I've ever been. My goal is to talk to the neurosurgeon about how quickly I can get back to full-throttle training and getting back into the ring. And that's the ultimate goal – to be strong as I can and get back into the ring as soon as possible."

Cena is scheduled to see doctors on Tuesday morning with neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon at the University of Pittsburgh. Be sure to check back with WWE.com for updates on the condition of the Chain Gang Commander and his imminent surgery.

Austin's neck injury put him out of the ring for ten months from November 1999 to September 2000. Edge's neck injury put him on the sidelines from February 2003 to February 2004 (he was scheduled to return in February of that year, but he broke his hand and didn't return until a month later). Lita's neck injury put her out of the ring for very long time as well. While filming a fight scene for a role in the season finale of the television program Dark Angel, the stunt double Dumas was working with dropped her as she swung through a hurricanrana, causing her to land on her neck and shoulders. The injury put her out of action for seventeen months - from April 2002 to September 2003. Scotty 2 Hotty's neck injury put him out of action for seventeen months as well - from May 2002 to October 2003. Chris Benoit's neck injury put him out of action for a little more than a year - from June 2001 to July 2002. Rhyno's neck injury put him out of the ring for sixteen months - from October 2001 to February 2003. And then of course there is Gregory Helms, who has been out of action for over sixteen months and counting. Helms' neck injury has sidelined him since a few weeks after WrestleMania 23.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Thats sad news

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damnit! He's one of my favorite on there. And I couldn't watch last night because my damn cable was out because of the stupid as storm. :angrydude:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^Hey speaking of that tropical storm fay, is it still hanging around in florida? When i was in orlando, kissimme they said that it might go out into the atlantic and then may come back inland again possibly as a hurricane?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Hey speaking of that tropical storm fay, is it still hanging around in florida? When i was in orlando, kissimme they said that it might go out into the atlantic and then may come back inland again possibly as a hurricane?

Its up in Louisiana I believe, but it sat around the Orlando area for almost a week. I'm on call for my data center too so I had to pull some long ass hours. There is a few more storms out there and one looks like it could hit us again.

You have fun in kissimme? Did you goto Disney, I'm guessing?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WTF is up with youtube removing so many videos lately?

That sucks for Cena; he's really the only guy I like in WWE to be honest.

P

Pain

VIP
I cringed when Cena took that powerbomb from Dave at summerslam. It looked nasty when his head bounced off the mat.

Hopefuly when Cena returns, wwe will of fired the writer that hands out Cena's terrible jokes. I hope he makes it time for WM2009.

P

Pain

VIP
The powerbomb that messed up his neck was edited out but ast foward 2:55 and you can see the other powerbombs that also injured him.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Its up in Louisiana I believe, but it sat around the Orlando area for almost a week. I'm on call for my data center too so I had to pull some long ass hours. There is a few more storms out there and one looks like it could hit us again.

You have fun in kissimme? Did you goto Disney, I'm guessing?

Bloodey hell, more storms! That strom did piss me off cos it hit kissimme with rain last monday onwards and my flight was on friday so it was just raining all week so had to stay in or go shopping, which was gd seen as though it's so cheap :hyperguy:

Yeh man, it was great thanks. Went to Disney which was gd fun with all the entertainment there and then to Universal and Sea World for some big rides. next time i go again think i'm going to go to Bush Gardens-some huge rollercoasters there :ughnoes: Can't wait to go again though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Pain those powerboms just looked nasty!!

P

Pain

VIP
Heres the video which shows the powerbomb that really messed up his neck badly. Its at 1:12

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Yeh that did look bad, you could tell he had done something from that.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they keep taking the videos down.
that taker match looked intense :ughnoes:

through the mat they got that match up?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ratings wont be as high now since john cena is out,
those powerbombs do look nasty, i hope cena recovers well.

P

Pain

VIP
Cena is expected back in 2-4 months. He really is superman. :dunnodude:

UPDATE: WWE.com has learned that Cena's procedure was successful and that Dr. Joseph Maroon, renowned neurosurgeon, Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Team Neurosurgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers.was very positive about Cena's condition.

“We performed a microsurgical removal of a large disk fragment compression on the spinal cord which was weakening the nerve leading to the right arm," Dr. Maroon told WWE.com shortly after the operation. "We created a small incision in the front of the neck using an operating microscope to remove the fragment from the spinal cord and nerve. The operation took approximately an hour and a half.

"I think John’s prognosis is excellent," he added. "He should be able to return to wrestling in two to four months. John will be working out next week. We performed this same procedure on three all pro NFL players; and all three resumed their football careers.”

Please check back later with WWE.COM as we plan another interview with Dr. Maroon following John Cena’s post-surgical recovery treatment.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
.. and then he will be out again before he knows it and hopefully he will understand that shit like that dosnt heal that fast.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cena is expected back in 2-4 months. He really is superman. :dunnodude:

There's no doubt in my mind that a lot the moves these guys perform are dangerous and can cause serious injury. But, I really wonder if all this injury stuff with Cena is just "part of the act." I mean, the guy supposidly tears his pec and he's 100% a few months later?

P

Pain

VIP
The operation he had on his neck was the same one Kurt Angle had back in 2003. This sort of operation means he can return alot sooner. Not the smartest thing to do though. Austin's neck problems pretty much ended his career.

His pec tear was legit. Heres a picture from the 2008 rumble when he made his return.

The Raw when he tore his pec
2eg8sb6-1.jpg