• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

justice and micheal vick

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i feel unjustice was done to mike vick in the sentence he received and all he lost in terms of wealth, status, and his name. dog fighting is a cruel form of sport yes, but i find almost no difference in what he did and what hunters do daily for sport. hunters "legally" can go out, put a bullet through a deer's head, and no one thinks twice. but vick was involved in the death of three dogs and he is crucified in the public eye.

i don't want anyone to think i support or condone his actions, i am a huge dog lover, but to say a dog's life is more valuable than a deer or any other "game" is wrong. the man lost everything and i don't think it's right. hunting is just as abhorrable as what he did in my eye, and i don't see any hunters in jail....

opinions?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think what he did was despicable, but I agree fully that he was prosecuted way to harshly. He should not have lost everything because of this, punished yes, but not the extent that it was taken.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think what he did was despicable, but I agree fully that he was prosecuted way to harshly. He should not have lost everything because of this, punished yes, but not the extent that it was taken.

word. and what else bothers me is that he may never again play in the NFL. some team might take a chance on him as a RB or special teams, but he will be a public relations nightmare and his punishment will go far past his sentence because i doubt the public will forgive him.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
word. and what else bothers me is that he may never again play in the NFL. some team might take a chance on him as a RB or special teams, but he will be a public relations nightmare and his punishment will go far past his sentence because i doubt the public will forgive him.

Exactly, the punishment is not fitting the crime IMO. What a wasted potential, he was an amazing QB and could have been a hall of famer.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i feel unjustice was done to mike vick in the sentence he received and all he lost in terms of wealth, status, and his name. dog fighting is a cruel form of sport yes, but i find almost no difference in what he did and what hunters do daily for sport. hunters "legally" can go out, put a bullet through a deer's head, and no one thinks twice. but vick was involved in the death of three dogs and he is crucified in the public eye.

i don't want anyone to think i support or condone his actions, i am a huge dog lover, but to say a dog's life is more valuable than a deer or any other "game" is wrong. the man lost everything and i don't think it's right. hunting is just as abhorrable as what he did in my eye, and i don't see any hunters in jail....

opinions?

There is an over population of deer in most area's. That's why they have hunters to decrease this situation. To my knowledge they have to take a number of classes to get a license to hunt in specific areas. Then, if they do in fact kill an animal, they have to report in a timely fashion. If they don't, they can get fined and/or get there hunting license revoked. Oh, and they have specific areas on the body they can shoot the animals. The head is not one of them.

What Mike Vick did was on the total opposite end of the spectrum. There are no classes or licensing for dog fighting....ANYWHERE! It is ILLEGAL, and you can get prosecuted and be sent to prision if you get caught.

If you don't see the diffences between the two than I have some land in Bagdad I'd like to sell you.

Ya dig?

Freak:io:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any type of provoked animal fighting is considered inhumane in almost any country. We eat chicken all of the time and people still get upset with cock fighting. It's one thing if the animals are "animals" and fight each other; but, when it's provoked and they are trained to be that mean then the story is completely different.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any type of provoked animal fighting is considered inhumane in almost any country. We eat chicken all of the time and people still get upset with cock fighting. It's one thing if the animals are "animals" and fight each other; but, when it's provoked and they are trained to be that mean then the story is completely different.

true. but for hunting to be a perfectly acceptable practice in my mind is wrong as well. what vick did definetly warrants punishment, but they just went waayyy too far. he has almost lost everything.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true. but for hunting to be a perfectly acceptable practice in my mind is wrong as well. what vick did definetly warrants punishment, but they just went waayyy too far. he has almost lost everything.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Therefore I think your a jackass.

Freak:nana2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The justice system is far too lenient, I think the punishment fit the crime. He broke the law, he financed it, it would be a joke if people had sympathy for the criminal. The thug was stupid enough to risk everything, he has nobody to blame but himself.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The justice system is far too lenient, I think the punishment fit the crime. He broke the law, he financed it, it would be a joke if people had sympathy for the criminal. The thug was stupid enough to risk everything, he has nobody to blame but himself.

the justice system is too lenient??? imagine how much more overcrowded our prisons would be...... the crimes that should be punished to the fullest extent possible are the violent crimes such as rape, murder, and violence against children. the legal system doesn't see it this way and would much rather fill our prisons with drug users, dealers and other non violent offenders.

he does have no one to blame but himself, but he was almost punished to the extent he was to set an example for others (athletes) and the man did not deserve to lose everything he had earned.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the justice system is too lenient??? imagine how much more overcrowded our prisons would be...... the crimes that should be punished to the fullest extent possible are the violent crimes such as rape, murder, and violence against children. the legal system doesn't see it this way and would much rather fill our prisons with drug users, dealers and other non violent offenders.

he does have no one to blame but himself, but he was almost punished to the extent he was to set an example for others (athletes) and the man did not deserve to lose everything he had earned.

No disagreement on your point on overcrowded prisons, or that violent crimes should be punished to the max. But at the same time, I'm just glad to see that finally a celebrity got treated with an actual sentence that was established by the law.

Did the sentence effect him much more though because of who he was? Absolutely, he lost a lot more than if some random guy was given the same sentence for the same crime, there's no doubt. But tough shit, he should not have gotten special treatment because of who he was.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No disagreement on your point on overcrowded prisons, or that violent crimes should be punished to the max. But at the same time, I'm just glad to see that finally a celebrity got treated with an actual sentence that was established by the law.

Did the sentence effect him much more though because of who he was? Absolutely, he lost a lot more than if some random guy was given the same sentence for the same crime, there's no doubt. But tough shit, he should not have gotten special treatment because of who he was.

yes true. i guess he had a long way to fall thats why he lost so much. i guess what bothers me more is the punishment he'll receive when he gets out of prison. who knows if the NFL will reinstate him? and if they do will a team even pick him up? the crowds will be merciless and that's what i think is wrong. when he serves his time he should be given another chance and it's doubtful he will

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i guess what bothers me more is the punishment he'll receive when he gets out of prison. who knows if the NFL will reinstate him? and if they do will a team even pick him up? the crowds will be merciless and that's what i think is wrong. when he serves his time he should be given another chance and it's doubtful he will

I see your point, and I do agree his life is probably fucked from this point on. But at the same time, it's his fault, I have no sympathy for him just because he's in the public eye. If anything, its the opposite.

However, if by chance he were to re-dedicate himself and legitimately clean up his act, do charity work, etc... he might well be given a second shot. That is something he will have to earn.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see your point, and I do agree his life is probably fucked from this point on. But at the same time, it's his fault, I have no sympathy for him just because he's in the public eye. If anything, its the opposite.

However, if by chance he were to re-dedicate himself and legitimately clean up his act, do charity work, etc... he might well be given a second shot. That is something he will have to earn.

Agreed, when he gets out we will see how much he wants it by the actions he takes. He has some cleaning up, making up, etc to do with the public and the NFL.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wooow i cant believe people are agreeing that it is ok that his lvely hood has been taken away from him. the man was a professional sports player. Ironslave thats like telling you that your not allowed to go to school for something that was part of your culture when u grew up. regaurdless of legality sociology is stronger than the law. U realize hat in some parts of the world people still throw children into valcanos bc of sociology, and think nothing is wrong with it, that it is just accepted.

Vik has had one of his freedoms taken away. Its not fair that brittney can create this crazy enviornment for her kids to live in but vik kills some dogs and he can never play in the NFL again? Brittney can still make money in showbussiness.

That punishment is complete BULLSHIT. a fine, jailtime is even acceptable. But to tell the man he cant play in the NFL again which is what im getting form this bc i didnt really follow the punishment he got very well, is absoloutly rediculous. His crime had nothing to do with football nor should his punishment.

God Bless
Ben

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Wooow i cant believe people are agreeing that it is ok that his lvely hood has been taken away from him. the man was a professional sports player. Ironslave thats like telling you that your not allowed to go to school for something that was part of your culture when u grew up. regaurdless of legality sociology is stronger than the law. U realize hat in some parts of the world people still throw children into valcanos bc of sociology, and think nothing is wrong with it, that it is just accepted.

Vik has had one of his freedoms taken away. Its not fair that brittney can create this crazy enviornment for her kids to live in but vik kills some dogs and he can never play in the NFL again? Brittney can still make money in showbussiness.

That punishment is complete BULLSHIT. a fine, jailtime is even acceptable. But to tell the man he cant play in the NFL again which is what im getting form this bc i didnt really follow the punishment he got very well, is absoloutly rediculous. His crime had nothing to do with football nor should his punishment.

God Bless
Ben
The NFL is a business. They can choose who they want or don't want to employ.

but for the record, I don't think the NFL has handed down an official punishment to Michael Vick. I think Roger Goodell is waiting until Vick is out of prison to decide the punishment. I imagine it'll be something like PacMan Jones got. One year suspension from the NFL.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The NFL is a business. They can choose who they want or don't want to employ.

but for the record, I don't think the NFL has handed down an official punishment to Michael Vick. I think Roger Goodell is waiting until Vick is out of prison to decide the punishment. I imagine it'll be something like PacMan Jones got. One year suspension from the NFL.

your right it's an indefinete suspension.

i agree with you big ben people forget (or maybe pretend to) where this guy grew up. dogfighting is a culture that he grew up in. i like the britney comparison because it puts what vick did in perspective.

i believe the punishment handed down was excessive for a reason, to make an example. i don't think that's neither fair nor right. you shouldn't excessively punish one athlete to send a message out to the others. it should be handled on a case by case basis.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true. but for hunting to be a perfectly acceptable practice in my mind is wrong as well.

hunting has been around since the birth of man, who are you too think its wrong.

I can tell you hunting is far more humane then the treatment of cattle, chicken and pigs. I would have to call you a hypocrite, for being a bodybuilder..... unless your one of those soy protein wheat grass eaters :keke:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Poor him, now he only gets to live the rest of the life with his tens of millions of dollars already earned through playing and endorsements. :crymeariver:

The telling me I'm not allowed to go to school is not like it at all bud. He broke the law, and he went to jail for it. The NFL hasn't handed down a suspension yet, but I agree with Tech, it will likely be a year maximum. So what that it is "part of his culture." If Flex or one of his relatives from the 5 families kill someone, does that make it acceptable because its part of their culture?? (not saying dog fighting is on par with a mafia hit, but its they're still both wrong)

God Bless
Ben

The NFL is a private business, and they have a code of conduct. If they think that part of their image as a respectable part of society means not allowing an ex-con thug like Michael Vick to be in the league, or if they lose sponsors, fan attendance, whatev... thats their business (though they haven't, I'd imagine a year or 2 suspension, if that, once he's out of jail). But regardless, chances are not many teams will want to sign him because of the protesting and all that baggage, if it hurts them financially... and that's their right.