• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Kai and Phil at FLEX Headquarters

  • Thread starter The King Of Lurkers
  • Start date
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
philkai350-1.jpg

The top two contenders to the Olympia title in the same place, at the same time, for the first time ever. That was the situation a week ago, when Kai Greene and Phil Heath came to the Weider offices in Woodland Hills, California for a day of video and stills, plus a flexonline.com exclusive from Powerhouse Chatsworth, where the two put aside their rivalry for a few hours to get in one final back workout before their Olympia prep began in earnest

Pics:
7212-1.jpg

7213p-1.jpg


more updates to come!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
either these 2 dont particularly get along, or they are seriously trying to scout each others weaknesses/give the other death stares. From the two pics posted here both had intense stares at the other while the other performs the move. tbh kai looks more concerned then phil though. Kai is afraid of Phils new back thickness? :)
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Kai shouldnt stay so covered up. The fans want to see his physique.
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
either these 2 dont particularly get along, or they are seriously trying to scout each others weaknesses/give the other death stares. From the two pics posted here both had intense stares at the other while the other performs the move. tbh kai looks more concerned then phil though. Kai is afraid of Phils new back thickness? :)
LOL, what an analysis based on a two lousy pictures. :rofl3:
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Joe already picked Kai as his next Mr O, sad.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
^:49:

It's awesome having phil and kai train together :runinafire:
 
DanishBB

DanishBB

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
131
Points
16
Why the hell would someone train in a hoodie especially in this part off the year ?:omgwtf:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
Why the hell would someone train in a hoodie especially in this part off the year ?:omgwtf:

I trained in that type of clothing year round. Speaking for myself, i trained harder when i could not see the effect my pump had on my muscles. If i gauged intensity by how i felt i kept trying to lift heavier and more effectively put the stress of the lift on my muscles to get a deeper pump. I grew quicker b/c i lifted heavier for more reps when I gauged lifting effectiveness by how the muscles felt as opposed to how they looked while I trained. After i was done i posed and I always looked better when i trained covered up b/c i lifted harder and heavier fro more repetitions when I gauged my intensity by how my muscles felt and not by how my muscles looked with blood in them. Keeping in mind that in order to recruit more fibers i had to increase the stress I effectively put on the muscle groups I trained.

That was my experience and that is what causes me to cover up when I train, and I assume Kai has a reason as well. Listening to Kai speak suggests that anything Kai does he does for a reason that is important to him.
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
^^ Good point but IMHO training covered in summer is exhausting and sometimes I feel dizzy.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
^ stay hydrated lol
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
^^ I only tried once or twice training with that clothes on and believe, I 'll never try again.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
Why the hell would someone train in a hoodie especially in this part off the year ?:omgwtf:

Because Kai is an incredibly shy individual who does not like to show too much skin:bitelip:


OR may be as always this too could be someone elses fault and Kai is a victim of circumstances here too:bitelip::bitelip::bitelip:
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
are these pics old because Phil Heath just signed with MuscleTech as of today..
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
I think they are deals that fall under different categories Serb. I think Weider is a magazine deal, and muscle tech is his supplement deal.
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Because Kai is an incredibly shy individual who does not like to show too much skin:bitelip:

LMAO!


are these pics old because Phil Heath just signed with MuscleTech as of today..

He has a muscletech t-shirt in the pics, and like Ben said, Weider is his magazine sponsor, and muscletech only his supp sponsor.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
LMAO!




He has a muscletech t-shirt in the pics, and like Ben said, Weider is his magazine sponsor, and muscletech only his supp sponsor.

I think both of you misunderstood him.

Phil is wearing a muscletech shirt even though he just signed on muscletech today... Im assuming its because his MetRX contract had already expired at the time of the pics and he had been in the process of working a contract with muscletech.
 
Savjav

Savjav

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
301
Points
16
Because Kai is an incredibly shy individual who does not like to show too much skin:bitelip:


OR may be as always this too could be someone elses fault and Kai is a victim of circumstances here too:bitelip::bitelip::bitelip:

wow thats getting old :deadhorse:
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
7
Views
9K
Andrijana15
A
MuscleMecca Crew
Replies
1
Views
2K
tkD
tkD
The King Of Lurkers
Replies
8
Views
8K
Lanois
Lanois
Top