• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lady gives birth to 8 babies in 5 minutes

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

3_61_octuplets_doctors_320-1.jpg

BELLFLOWER, Calif. — Newborn octuplets in Southern California are a feisty bunch that appear healthy even at nine weeks premature, a doctor said Tuesday.

Three babies are being given oxygen but appeared to be doing well, said Dr. Mandhir Gupta, a neonatologist at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center.

At least four could be ready for their first oral feeding later Tuesday.

"All the babies were delivered vigorously, crying and kicking," he said.

The mother, who has not been identified, gave birth Monday to the six boys and two girls weighing between 1 pound, 8 ounces, and 3 pounds, 4 ounces (0.67 kilograms and 1.47 kilograms). She was resting comfortably Tuesday and was elated at welcoming eight children to her family, Gupta said.

The eighth baby surprised the parents and doctors, who had prepared to deliver seven children.

"It is quite easy to miss a baby when you're anticipating seven," said Dr. Harold Henry, chief of maternal and fetal medicine and one of 46 doctors, nurses and assistants who delivered the children by Caesarean section.

Click here to read Dr. Manny's blog on the dangers of multiple pregnancies.

Two of the newborns — the second live octuplets born in U.S. history — were initially put on ventilators but were later removed.

The mother checked into the hospital in her 23rd week of pregnancy. Hospital officials would not say whether she had used fertility drugs, which make multiple births more likely.

The babies — dubbed with the letters A-through-H — will probably remain in the hospital for at least two months and the mother could be released in a week.

The world's first live octuplets were born in March 1967 in Mexico City, but all died within 14 hours, according to Encyclopedia Britannica.

The United States' first live octuplets were born in Houston in 1998, three months premature. The tiniest died a week after the birth. The surviving siblings turned 10 in December.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's like your own personal army right there.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That must have hurt. Probably shot those out like a pitching machine.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinking like a stripper filled with pingpong balls.

Bhana

Bhana

It was a cesarean

She would be so loose after 8 in a shot

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mom of Octuplets Already Had Six Children; New Total Equals 14 Kids

The California woman who gave birth to eight babies (by C-section, of course) already has six children at home, giving her a total of 14. A team of 46 doctors, nurses and medical personnel were required to deliver the 8 babies, and now it has been revealed by CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...) that the woman filed for bankruptcy 18 months ago, which means the cost of raising these 14 kids is going to be carried by taxpayers.

This obviously brings up a few questions about ethics, parenting and health care. Is it right for one couple to have 14 babies when they can't afford to care for those 14 babies? The costs for their health care will, of course, be shifted to taxpayers, most of which are exercising a greater degree of intelligence in deciding to limit the number of children they produce to something a little more practical.

I don't have anything against a family that wants to have lots of children if they can afford to care for them and raise them in an eco-conscious way, but having six children at home already, and then going to a fertility treatment center and implanting eight more fertile eggs, then expecting the taxpayers to pay for all that just seems like insanity to me.

Pay up for the baby-making factory!
Is it really society's responsibility to pay for an unlimited number of babies that some mother wants to have? Shouldn't the parents be asked to exercise some common sense in their own quest for mass reproduction?

Of course, these questions can lead to a very disturbing debate about the role of government in controlling reproduction (which I'm against), the issue of abortion and even eugenics. There's also the issue of the media itself, which has foolishly celebrated this birth of eight babies as if it were some sort of Olympic baby-making event. Give that mother a gold medal!

Has no one considered the ecological impact of one couple having 14 babies? Is it really acceptable for one couple to bring 14 new babies into a world that's already overcrowded and on the verge of environmental disaster? These are the more serious questions that need to be asked here.

And what if the couple wants another eight babies? Is 22 enough? How about 30? At what point will the media stop celebrating this baby-making phenom and start asking the tough questions like: Who will pay for all this? What would be the environmental impact if everybody acted like this? How will this family feed 14 children?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ she already ahd 6? wtf! 14 kids is a lot of kdis to take care of...

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take care of ?

She probably thinks they are more like lizards rather than mammals.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
She probably puts them in the backyard in cage, throws dog biscuits to em'

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff