• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lee Priest gets into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Lee Priest of Australia was the latest bodybuilder to be inducted into the Hall of Fame on May 30, 2022, in the famed outdoor weight training room in Venice Beach, California. Priest, who has competed in the Olympia many times, received the awards on Monday at the renowned event.

Priest earned a reputation for himself in the IFBB Pro League with his outspoken demeanor, tremendous arms, and dedication to become the best in the world. While he was unable to win the coveted Sandow trophy at Mr. Olympia, he did manage to carve himself a highly successful career from the 1980s to the early 2000s. In a discipline as intensely competitive as bodybuilding, Priest accomplished something few others have: he left the sport on top.

After winning the 2006 Iron Man Pro championship, Priest achieved possibly his most significant victory of his career. Priest would go on to win gold in the 2006 NOC New York tournament the following year. Priest won his last bodybuilding competition, the 2013 NABBA Mr. Universe, before sailing off into retirement.

Lee Priest Honors the Late Eddie Giuliani with Induction into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame

Lee Priest responds politely to the distinguished distinction in a YouTube video before delivering words of inspiration to any young folks willing to pursue their aspirations. Iron Man Magazine's owner, John Balik, inducted him.

"Thank you so much. I simply wanted to thank everyone who came out to support this event. Priest elaborated. Because I've been competing for quite some time."

"I truly don't believe I deserve this since there are so many wonderful individuals in the profession." Thank you to bodybuilders and individuals like John who have improved the fitness industry."

Priest dedicated his success to the late Eddie Guiliani, who died in May at the age of 87. Guiliani had a long career as a bodybuilder, appearing in over 35 events. Actor Al Pacino honored him into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame in 2012.

"I really want to give this honor to my dear buddy Eddie Guiliani, and I have a brother who died away, Dr. AJ, who really pushed for this, and as I said, I don't believe I'm worthy of it since I was just a little boy who wanted to look like the He-Man cartoon and everything came into place."

According to the Australian, he visited America for two weeks, joined a bodybuilding competition, and the rest is history. He ended up staying in the nation for more than 20 years.

"I came over here [America] for two weeks, received some contracts, and ended up here for 20 years doing bodybuilding, so believe me, I'm not extraordinary." If someone has a desire and wants to pursue it, I say go for it because if I can make it happen, and if a young man from Australia can achieve it, anyone can.

Believe me. I just wanted to thank everyone who came out tonight and supported this fantastic concert. It's wonderful to see you all here. Thank you very much." Lee Priest said

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Lee will always be one of the most popular figures in bodybuilding, much to the chagrin of the IFBB.