• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Legends Of Bodybuilding - RARE PICS (Updated Daily)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ His back double looked complete that year.

Reactions: Iceman1981 and underbody
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dorian Yates at the 1995 Mr. Olympia - Condition, Condition, Condition is what Dorian always preached!!!
Vlcsnap 2021 08 16 19h22m46s155

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aaron Baker at the 1995 Mr. Olympia!!!

Reactions: underbody
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Roy Callender - Old School is Gold!!!
Roy callender

Reactions: underbody and tkD
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ Crazy traps!

Reactions: The King Of Lurkers and Iceman1981
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cedric McMillan - R.I.P!!!
AC Cedric McMillan 2

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joel Stubbs at the 2008 Europa Super Show!!!
Europa Super Show 2008

Reactions: underbody

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Marko Savolainen at the 1997 Helsinki Finnish Grand Prix!!!
Helsinki   Finnish Grand Prix 1997

Reactions: tkD and underbody
P

pgcc604

Who do you like in this pose? Aaron (1995 Ironman Pro) & Dorian (1992 Mr. Olympia)
Vlcsnap 2016 08 27 16h29m28s103
I can't stand dorian's physique I never could so whoever the hell the other guy is. a lot of these pros dying now I put at the feet of the NPC or the ifbb judges and guys like doing Yates being rewarded for their freaky size they should have been marked down if these judges had any regard for the health of the competitors. instead they kept pushing it bigger and bigger and bigger as the next one was Ronnie Coleman who look like an alien he was so big and actually I saw an interview with Ronnie Coleman that in 1996 it judges actually told him to stop getting bigger. imagine ifbb judges telling a bodybuilder to stop getting bigger? bodybuilding should have been judged like it's supposed to be it's not all about size there shouldn't have to be a classic physique division there should only be bodybuilding and bodybuilding should be judged one way some of it is size it should also be judged on symmetry proportion just pure aesthetic look there's a lot of things that go into what makes a bodybuilder look the best out of everybody in the contest not just size. look at a guy like Shaen Ray. I believe he competed about at 196 at like 5'7. any place second in the Mr Olympia several times beating guys who were Mammoth Giants. because for some reason when it came to Sean Ray they did use the overall look idea Sean Ray looked incredible he should have been Mr Olympia several times because he had everything he had size he was very very muscular and big for his frame incredibly big, he was raised or Sharp, he was symmetrical to a t he was proportionate and really most important he was aesthetically pleasing to look at if anybody wants to say during Ace was aesthetically pleasing to look at give me a break a guy looked horrible he was totally I didn't want to look at that guy. and I don't understand why the ifbb went that direction why they wanted during Yates as the symbol of their sport as the top of their sport I have no idea he's a horrible guy to have is an ambassador sport first of all he's he's ugly in the face number one and I know that doesn't make a difference body wise and it shouldn't but when you're talking about making someone the top of your sport to represent your entire sport that people are going to see in the public that don't know anything about it and they're going to look at this guy and say okay this is the best of them all and then make a judgment from that you do not want a guy that looks like Dorian Yates to be the face of that sport. you don't have to be Brad Pitt but come on during Yates was not just unattractive he was straight ugly. and it's physique was not pretty in any way it's physique was just as ugly as his face he was humongous huge but who cares if he's on aesthetically attractive to look at what the hell is the difference how big he is? I don't know I never understood it he was Mr Olympia after Lee Haney and all I have to say is what a jump they made. if you look at pictures of Lee Haney you got a guy with a tiny waist perfect shape perfect shoulders to waist to leg taper lines that are tremendously perfect symmetry that's perfect everything that's perfect. and not close to overly big he was 250 but he didn't look like a gigantic freak and I don't think bodybuilders ever should have been pushed to have to look like total freaks like they did. it wasn't good for the sport in the mainstream and it wasn't good for the athletes at all because it forced the athletes to use more and more substances to achieve that look. a guy like Sean Ray like I mentioned before is very lucky because he wasn't very big and he probably didn't have to use as many substances as these other guys did to keep their body weight at 280 so Shawn Ray will probably live a long life whereas these other guys are probably drop dead here and there throughout the next 20 or 30 years. I mean Somme are already gone Cedric McMillan just died, Shawn Rohden died, Nasser passed a while ago, I'm not sure if you remember Andres Munzer, the most, to this day, shredded dude I have ever seen. He died on a plane, Mohammad Beneziza died I'm pretty sure of diuretic use. Mike Matterazzo, Greg Kovacks, Dallas McCarver, Tom Prince and we had the same trainer in 1997. Art Atwood. There are more and they are all fait young guys who should not be just dropping dead.
I do believe it was partly because of the steroid abuse but also look at a guy like Nasser or Greg Kovacs the human body is not built to carry 350 lb of muscle around just like it's not built to carry 350 lb of fat. the 350 lb of muscle has just a detrimental effect on your body as 350 lb of fat your body has to work so much harder to do simple things. it puts a tremendous strain on your heart it's just not good for you nobody should be walking around at that body weight. and it's no big surprise that these guys drop dead. but like I said the ifbb judges don't care cuz they'll continue to reward size even in the classic physique look what they did the first year that it was a contest the first Mr Olympia in the classic physique was Danny Hester. I love Danny Hester I competed against Danny Hester and finished one spot behind him in the USA once I always idolize Danny Hester he's a couple years older than me he was always in the magazines when I was younger I couldn't believe when I got to the USA and saw him pumping up backstage and then when I looked at the scorecard and saw I was one spot behind them and only one point behind him for fifth place I was the happiest guy to not make the top five at that USA. Danny Hester is what the classic physique should be. they got it right the first time it wasn't supposed to be bodybuilding or anything close it was supposed to reward aesthetics, symmetry, proportion, just pleasing to look at and Danny was all that. look it the classic physique winners now or they are are bodybuilders in stupid looking shorts. the guys have gotten so big that Danny has to couldn't even stand next to these guys all that muscle should be getting marked down in the classic physique instead they're rewarding it. the ifbb judges have a hard-on for size and it's never going to change. when it comes to professional bodybuilding they're going to keep pushing it keep wanting the guys bigger and bigger and bigger and guys are going to continue to die and they're going to continue to not care. there's such a simple solution to this and it's the judge bodybuilding like it was supposed to be judged from the beginning that size is just a component of a bunch of things that go into who wins the contest. and you take all of those things equally such as symmetry, proportion, presentation, and aesthetically pleasing to look at physique, professionalism on stage all of that goes into who should win but it's been perverted cuz the only thing that matters is how big ripped and stupid looking the person is they want aliens from Mars basically. now if the ifbb judges did not reward this type of look if they actually would mark down a guy like Ronnie Coleman who came in so ridiculously big and so ridiculously hard that you could tell just by looking at them that shit is not healthy and look at the state he's in now the guy can't even walk. he should have been marked down for that look someone like Kevin levrone should have won the Mr Olympia in those years or Sean Ray. actually giving it to Sean Ray would have said a huge precedent it could have sent the sport a totally different direction where people no longer had to try to be 250 270 lb and damage their health on the way. and the thing is it's pretty much a consensus even among the bodybuilding population who would you rather look at Dorian Yates or Sean Ray? who's more aesthetically pleasing to look at? if you say Doreen Yates I don't know what's wrong with you in the head because it's not even close I used to cringe every time I looked at Dora needs her a picture of them like I said before he's not on just totally ugly in the face his body is disgusting. then you got Sean Ray who is the epitome of everything bodybuilding should be everything. he should have been Mr Olympia 10 times over but because the judges wanted to reward this ridiculous look of size size and ridiculous hardness to the point that it's unhealthy the best he did was play second. same thing with flex wheeler I think it was 1993 when Flex looked absolutely amazing he wasn't as big as Dorian of course but he looks so much better than Dorian he looked better than Sean Ray too he look better than everybody in that contest. and he came in second behind Dorian Gates Dorian Yates now who would have been a better ambassador to the sport Flex wheeler or Dorian Yates? you know that's not even a question it's a rhetorical question because everybody knows the answer. I just don't like the fact that the judges cause these people to die because they're chasing a look that the judges are forcing on them and that is totally unhealthy

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Frank Zane at the 1982 Mr. Olympia!!!
1982f

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never post photoshopped pics.
me neither bro or i even try:439:.

j/k my intention was not to say that i was saying the pic look so amazing that ¨even´look shopped forgot to put the ¨even¨ on the post