• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Date: December 20th, 2011
Pull-ups This Month: 1325

Chest and Shoulders
Lots of pressing today. Impressive pressing, one might say. No? Well, drat. Anyway, I modified my form a little bit on my bench in an attempt to boost my total. It worked, though the tension put on my left shin, which has been bothering me lately, hurt like a bitch. And yet, I was happy with today's numbers. Here's the damage...

BB Bench Press
135 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 8
225 x 6
245 x 2
265 x 2
285 x 1
295 x 1 (drop) 265 x 2 (drop) 245 x 2 (drop) 225 x 4 (drop) 135 x 20

I really need Glex back to spot me and give me a lift off, as I'm pretty sure I would have nailed three bills if I had a lift and a spot. Part of it is the confidence factor, part of it the being-able-to-more-efficiently-keep-my-lats-tight factor.

DB Unilateral Floor Press
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

Feels good, man.

Seated DB Shoulder Press
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

DB Lateral Raises superset with Machine Presses
Four sets here, twelve and fifteen reps, respectively. After all that pressing I was pretty much in the mood to just get a decent pump and get out of there. Mission accomplished.

DB Rear Delt Raises and Band Face Pulls
Four sets out. I saved my trap work for tomorrow's back session, as I'm considering deadlifting again. We shall see.
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
great effort on the bench Line, that als set seems rutal with all those drops!
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
drop sets are awesome.. good pump for chest.
300 soon bro!
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Sorry for the lack of updates. As of now I'm in a bit of a transitional phase, as I'm contemplating joining a large, commercial gym. Obvious disadvantages aside, I'd like to branch out a bit and, more importantly, have some friends to lift with. Anyway, I toned down my pressing for about two weeks' time because I was dealing with some impingement in my right shoulder — this is where working in a physical therapy clinic comes in handy. Fortunately, I rehabbed the thing pretty quickly and managed to put up 275 for three doubles in my last chest session. Moreover, my deadlift is climbing again, culminating with a 450 pound pull last night. So things are good. Hopefully training with others will help me take them to next level though.
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Well, now my left shoulder is having impingement issues, lol. Anyway, I did get that 300 bench last week, and it felt great. It's just that my interior capsules are incredibly tight, which is what's leading to my now-reoccuring shoulder problems. I am, however, doing a lot of stretching and, for now, working around the discomfort. I modified my usual back and triceps routine to accommodate my current situation, and basically turned my workout into a deadlift-centric day. I got up to 475 -- coincidentally, this was the only set I used straps for -- and lost it at the top when, you guessed it, one of the straps snapped in half. As they now stand, my lifts are approximately 300-375-475, with squat being my main training focus. In my opinion, my form has never been better -- I suppose this has to happen as you get older, and your body starts to rebel against your sins of past. Working in a physical rehab clinic has proven opportune though, at least in the way of treating my injuries and making sure that A) there's no long-term damage, and B) getting back to pounding out reps as soon as physically possible.

Until next time.
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Isn't it? My shoulder is starting to feel better, but I'm going to attempt any chest or shoulder work just yet. If nothing else, this has provided with me a chance to work on my legs with more frequency than usual...a yoke bar would be appreciated though.
 

Similar threads

Top